Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all......sorry my heads not in the game today .........ive missed easy easy pips from a 20 pip usd drive north as I wasn't watching the whole market and got tied up on one pair

back later ............go to sort some work stuff out that's on my mind

N

hey gang

I did manage to get my head together and make a bit yesterday .but early on I was not focused at all :whistling

NEVER NEVER NEVER trade real money when you are not focused ...............jees its tough enough to make money when most of us are focused :LOL:

don't flush it straight down the toilet .......at least be focused and give it a shot :smart:

N

morning all .......well here we are again ..more drama

deja vue all over again from last week as the Euro gaps down on asian opening and fights her way back north now

expect fireworks and trade what you see

N

Attachments

• deja vu all over again.JPG
    deja vu all over again.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 124
usd has been under pressure for an hour and many of you were enjoying European buys.........usd now fighting back .....lets see if she holds

N

Attachments

• usd recovers.JPG
    usd recovers.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 109
trading is about deciding if you are buying or selling

heres the usd sell signals and buy signals in last hour or so .................what camp are you in ?

on a high volatility day you can make money going both ways

N

Attachments

• usd buys.JPG
    usd buys.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 111
  • usd sells.JPG
    usd sells.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 114
rollercoaster stuff on usd this morning ............pure gold to a scalper

N

Attachments

• rollercoaster.JPG
    rollercoaster.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 109
calling them live and load at f's thread as usual

i'm really ging to attack from 51m window here ......usd will go bull soon

you can see weve had a minor move here to upside buying usd in last few mins from 51m bar ...back later (y)

N

just reminiscing ...:whistling

the uchf (not shown) and ucad have been dreams from earlier today around 9 bst.......

N

Attachments

• ucad buys.JPG
    ucad buys.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 124
calling them live and load at f's thread as usual

you can see weve had a minor move here to upside buying usd in last few mins from 51m bar ...back later (y)

N

manoman that move got better ........the eu went all the way to 1.10 on that bull bear run..nearly a 50 pip move for me (y)

N

Attachments

• eus sells.JPG
    eus sells.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 344
ouch............usd falling now .plenty of G7 options to buy into it

sorry - been trading and other things .........

looking back now on my last call here - tell me you all made money selling usd in that last hour ;)(y)

N

Attachments

• sell usd.JPG
    sell usd.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 172
morning all

usd came bull north from 5pm bst yesterday ...........I would recommend holding until we see confirmed breaches of the horizontals shown for usds next move..........

N

Attachments

• usd action.JPG
    usd action.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 186
as I leave heres why I was attacking usd buys recently ....including that fast Uchf buy ...respect to the sellers of usd in that period but I know where my loyalty was lying !

ALL GMT

N

Attachments

• attcking the bull usd.JPG
    attcking the bull usd.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 209
that usd bull is the gift that keeps on giving (y)

N

Attachments

• bull usd.JPG
    bull usd.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 171
I have a lot of patterns I look for in my currency indexes .....but this is one of my key ones.......................

I play the usd a lot in my scalping ............and if I see the yellow yen index correlating strongly with green usd I am more confident trading it .............clearly i'm happy to play yen as well if it suits

today is a real correlation peach so far for my tag team .(y).all indicators below in my links areas

second chart shows yesterday ...........so its not always correlation heaven for these pals ....but be sure when it is theres good trading to be had !!!

N

Attachments

• the tag team play.JPG
    the tag team play.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 185
  • yesterday.JPG
    yesterday.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 183
will study late N ty for sharing

of the G8 I look for

usd and yen moving together

AUD and NZD moving together

Europeans moving together

CAD is a free lancer ........but its correlation to whatever camps above aids my calls

in a perfect trading session I will see the European tribe moving opposite to the yen/usd camp ..........then as a bonus ball the aussies will go wth the usd yen (therefore increasing the momentum of the European move) .....and if cad was also moving against the Europeans I have a bloody pip fest in play (y)

like the last hour in fact - sell Europeans into the remaining G5 !!!(y)

N

Attachments

• perfection.jpg
    perfection.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 208
another perfect storm pattern on g8 just like yesterday :cool:

sell Europeans buy all else

N

Attachments

• perfect storm on g8.JPG
    perfect storm on g8.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 4,080
heres some key times for me today (GMT) where strategically I made calls regarding usd bias/directional changes ..........this is slow and confirmed positions .....I will normally be much more aggressive than this getting in ..............especially if I get a tailwind from a supporting secondary currency

that last change got me in on about 6 possible pairs............pretty much all the usd pairs offered up scalpable pips except the gu that disappointed

N

Attachments

• usd plays.JPG
    usd plays.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 181
my best spell of the day re trades - called on Forexperians thread

QUOTE=NVP;2581370]no talkum.........me heap sellum usd[/QUOTE]

better and better and better..usd has dropped around 20 pips on its own so combined with the more obliging currencies pip moves it is on fire at moment :cool:

i'm out today preparing for an 80th party** we are hosting on Saturday at home .............god help me

N

*** not mine !!!

hi all

ive got to sort out a party this weekend then on holiday for a week or so ...............back around 21st july

cheers all
N