Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

excellent morning now buying usd ......see F's thread where I called them

made a good haul this afternoon mainly calling on Forexperians thread ...........have a good evening ................ive well exceeded my targeted 50 pips a day today so no complaints

I have made them selling usd this afternoon ...........see moves below

last selloff got me 20 pips on GU

Attachments

• sell usd.JPG
    sell usd.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 177
Good Morning to all FX Intraday Traders

The action started after 5 00 pm this morning but was not here to benefit - my first scalp buy did not start until just after 5 53 am on the EU followed up by a scalp sell after 6 00 am at 6 04 am .

Those 2 scalps have so far made me my first 10 pips of the day - OK not a lot - but the stops were both 3 pips including my spread at 0 6 of a pip on the EU

I dont normally want to scalp for just 3 to 7 pips - I prefer to try and catch the 10 -25+ pip moves from 3 -5 pip stop size - but as the saying goes - "beggers cannot always be chosers" and so I have to accept what the market will give me at this time of the morning and in this case its still approx $300

The main reason I find it important to start early is mainly to try and catch the early moves that some times can then go on to last most of my main session.

A good example yesterday was early scalp buys on the EU that then at some part stakes left on that lasted through out the day. This happened with several FX pairs and if I cover say 6 or 8 pairs and I can catch 2 or 4 pairs that make nice rallies over say 4 or 10+ hrs and just stick my part stake stop in a profit of a few pips - i just dont have to worry - its a win -win - what ever happens - either stopped out with just 1 or 2 pips - or I make 30 / 50 /100+ pips etc - with no new risk.

OK - normal stuff again today

All FX contributors welcome as long as they are not complete newbies - I must advise them this is not a thread for them - ideally you need at least 12 -18 months of FX experience - on any time frames - but at least know all the basics etc etc

Mostly all contributors are Intra-dayers - either outright scalpers or short term swinger or both - but personally I dont mind if you just take 5 trades a day or 50+ thats entirely up to you and your own specific plan

I hope you all know my plan and method etc - and if not there are other threads explaining more in detail etc

Have a good day - and stay focus along with taking breaks when needed

All the best

Regards

F

as F says .............early moves can pan out for at least the London session..............if you ride it into us then that's a bonus

yesterday was a classic usd sell fest from early doors

today ?

hmmmm............not quite there yet

N

Attachments

• ear;y doors.JPG
    ear;y doors.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 177
hey all

offline fooling around with FXpro C trader ...........similar to Lmax ....I think Lmax offers better spreads and commissions by the look of it but its all about how the platform feels to me re fast and immediate feedback

anyway I like playing so will keep pushing this ........demo at first .........

at the moment the usd is pushing north but slow progress

anyway heres a little demo action in last few mins fooling around.........I cant get anything running at moment

N

Attachments

• new platform.JPG
    new platform.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 112
hey all

apologies - been running around a lot last 2 days and my browser speeds are pants at moment ................so was only trading and not posting

probably worn it out ? :LOL:

N

ok heres the day so far for usd ...........pretty straightforward actually re buy and sell phases

gmt the times

so add the hour for bst

Attachments

• usd day so far.JPG
    usd day so far.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 109
morning all

trading forex profitably is an epic challenge and an ongoing puzzle .......I think that a successful trader must continually test all areas of their understanding in the market and evolve to stay successful

heres the usd this week .............again its running hot off of the Asian session ..................is it simple to just trade the Asian direction through London ?

maybe ............maybe not :cool:

N

Attachments

• usd clues.JPG
    usd clues.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 115
  • usd bull.JPG
    usd bull.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
7 52 am

The odd pair out this morning as been the GU

After it falls - its not been able to breach under 5588 and now its gone over 30 mins with no breach and bounced back up to then 5600 area

For me - i need to see it go over 5605 and 10 to be starting new scalp buys and got the feeling it might all fizzle out and drop from 5600 -03 area

Maybe the London Open in 8 mins will give us all the clues we need

hey F

so far this morning the Euro has capitalised on the usd swings........but look at the gbp index here with usd ..............these guys are far too correlated at moment .....and GBP is much weaker than the usd moves (unusual)

to get the serious pips we need divergence.....:whistling

look at chart 2 re eu ....totally different story as the euro diverges from the usd ............that brings the pips !

Attachments

• eu rules.JPG
    eu rules.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 107
  • gu marriage.JPG
    gu marriage.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 114
ok guys.........

ive been posting on Forexperians live call thread .......plenty of pips this morning off a lively usd .........and i'm comfortably 50+ up now so may go do some chores soon as I tidy up some runners

back later
N

hey all

back for a little while now ............attacking usd buys from around 1.05 ish after bar

nice sells on euro gbp and cad for me ....5 pip scalps and left 30% on all so far ....swissie is frustratingly too bull so far for scalps

morning all

heres the week on the usd .........some key signals shown + S/R levels

I am BUYiNG USD at moment ..............but look at that resistance level re weeks high ???

N

Attachments

• usd week.JPG
    usd week.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 121
hey all

got my 50 pip day target a while back..............currently in gu sells and ucad buys ..........usd bull is flying

N

hi all

ok the usd had a late bull run last week.............then sunday night opening supported that and relatively bull today so far

usd ? - bull it is for me at moment

N

Attachments

• usd bull.JPG
    usd bull.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 112
cracking day today ............pips are offering themselves up well

I switched to selling usd (for obvious reasons) recently ............back later

N

GGGGGGreat morning !

when the usd is swinging like this and holding the move you cant fail to make money

nearly at my 50 pip target for day

back later
N

Attachments

• usd swinging.JPG
    usd swinging.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 204
back again .....boyoboy that usd is bull !!!

N

Attachments

• bull usd.JPG
    bull usd.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 206
good morning

we are currently selling usd ...............heres a 15m usd index showing the falls so far today

support level looming
N

Attachments

• usd selling.JPG
    usd selling.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 177
good morning

we are currently selling usd ...............heres a 15m usd index showing the falls so far today

support level looming
N

hey all ...........I was out for most of morning but back in saddle and hammering the usd sells (y)

if anyone was buying usd today from London opening it was very S/T scalps into very very bearish currencies.................otherwise its pretty 1 way traffic to make good pips so far

no complaints here (y)

N

Attachments

• sell usd.JPG
    sell usd.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 175