Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

ok loaded up the trade bank with buys on Euro , Cad and AUD against a long run down on usd (that's enough of a generally uncorrelated mix) .........back later

hey all..............

made a few pips but not retiring on it ...........meanwhile we still look solid on calling that USD high around 10.51/53

but usd is locked in a tight range at present with no momentum as yet

ok ive worked 3 trades into the mix

buy GU , BUY AU and sell UCAD..............i'm looking at the usd folding south

later
N

back for 2 mins .................

without close management those trades went bad..........

the usd is still in a very tight range and really at this point I would need to be sitting in front of screen and scalping tight to make any money

back later
N

the usd is tight tight tight.........and has been since we called the top of USD around 11 am today.............

since then the usd index has stayed inside a +/- 8 pip range ..........compare that to the earlier 50-60 pip move up beforehand and you see the issues of trying to trade usd pairs where the usd I not contributing much.......... unless you catch it right on the turns.............not for the fainthearted .......that's gambling

N

ok taken a crossover trade

sold Euro and sold GBP ..........bought the aussies

all into usd ...........without usd momentum I may as well play the other currencies

close but no cigar.........I messed up the exit on the Aussies.....(espec NU)........could have got them out at a cheaper loss as usd retraced south .............such is life

N......

Attachments

• nearly.JPG
    nearly.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 114
ok the usd has caned right back up into the range zone again ................no idea what next

I'm learning a lot by scalping real time in last 2 weeks.................compared to my meagre screen time before that due to work commitments you learn exponentially ..........patterns you watch post event are not the same as real time ..............its easy with hindsight !!

anyway back later
N

anyone else on FXCM UK live accounts ?

Hi Neil,

I apologize for the issues you faced with our platform earlier today. These issues should now be resolved, but if you had any live trades with us that were negatively impacted, please use the online forum on our website to file a trade inquiry.

Our Trade Services Team can then follow up and will make the appropriate corrections to your account for any issues on our end.

Jason

morning all

after the decent bull run into Asian..........the usd is a sell at the moment (for me)

i'm scalping EU buys.......a few more tweaks to my system as usual

waiting for a decent run.........usd is ranging at moment

later
N

Attachments

• eu focus.JPG
    eu focus.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 120
not to shabby when the usd is flowing nicely south.........I was loosing out on a lot of trades as Euro has been weak...so threw in a few AuD's..........missed a lot before this !!!

not bad ..just working up my win rate again
N

Attachments

• sell usd.JPG
    sell usd.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 107
HI N, i have just finished the first video. This strikes me as a good way of focusing a trader with a little experience (me) On the wider market picture.
at the end of the video you say you use moving average. Sorry for the silly qu, what are these moving average based on./ which currency?

HI N, i have just finished the first video. This strikes me as a good way of focusing a trader with a little experience (me) On the wider market picture.
at the end of the video you say you use moving average. Sorry for the silly qu, what are these moving average based on./ which currency?

hey mm

if you are talking about the ma on the FXCorrelator then the MA average reflects the G8 average

so the FXCorrelator set on a 20 (below) shows what individual CURRENCIES are strong (>20) and which are weak (<20) where the MA line is always the Zero

and if you want to add to the fun.............wherever 2 currencies cross is the 20ma crossovers you see on their pairchart !

if you change the MA setting you will then see how the currencies are doing vs that new MA......therefore some people like having 2 indicators going and looking for currencies sellin on BOTH fater and slower MA.s

see how damn weak the cad is on the 1 hr TF...been a sell since yesterday........at the moment the cad is selling on virtually all ma settings !!! !!!!

N

Attachments

• strengthmter 101.JPG
    strengthmter 101.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 135