Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

ok I just took my forst trade of the morning selling usd into aud ..........perhaps this is the turning point

F do you use a different broker for counter trades?. NvP will notice lmax dont allow two opposing positions one one account

Yes - I do have 2 brokers - but some brokers allow you to have both buys and sells open separately

Not too familiar with LMAX - you may need 2 account there etc - ie one scalping - one position or swing

hey all usd still selling .......heres this morning so far ...............only about 40 trades from me........................I must have been asleep ..........hahahahahahaha

anyway seriously I ballssed up a few early on in day .......o should have been much better than this .....grrrrrrrrrrr

anyway about £13 up on the day ........after £15 commission taken.........

and only 63% win rate..........see I am letting them run more !!

N

average win $3.43
average loss $2.12

(all before $64c commission)

Attachments

• morning action .JPG
    morning action .JPG
    18 KB · Views: 89
AU

9 21 am and 8708/9 scalp buy

Same with EU and GU

c,mon ..........you are sh*tting me ?.....:eek:....

that is the absolute top of the usd this morning on my charts .........how the hell can you call that dude ???

I waited for usd confirmation and therefore didn't get jiggy until 9.34ish ..........

manoman dude that's surreal !!!

N

ok .........I've been updating one indicator this morning and on the newer system I could have taken it at 9.26 absolute earliest..............however if I had taken GU then I would have been stopped in next few bars .......(unlike yourself who was already quids in)..........knife edge stuff ........interesting......

you are really pushing me now on perfecting my screens and settings ..........thanks F

N

PS I have not yet got to multiple contract entries yet....(to leverage taking profits and leaving part on).........next week for that

usd is still nudging south but been ranging for last 40 mins ...........I missed the EU buy...........wasn't convinced that usd was supporting the bull euro

gotta run errands to sainsburies (spare me ) as guests at weekend .........nice people but they are a little smug (weve both had secure jobs for 100 years - poor you NVP !!) .............so I really cant wait to talk about no one wanting to give me a job........

and they think its a shame that I have been dabbling on forex for 14 years but i'm not a millionaire.........

cant wait !!!

N

so with usd ranging i'm not trading or chasing moves .........F will be proud of me !!!

usd is still nudging south but been ranging for last 40 mins ...........I missed the EU buy...........wasn't convinced that usd was supporting the bull euro

gotta run errands to sainsburies (spare me ) as guests at weekend .........nice people but they are a little smug (weve both had secure jobs for 100 years - poor you NVP !!) .............so I really cant wait to talk about no one wanting to give me a job........

and they think its a shame that I have been dabbling on forex for 14 years but i'm not a millionaire.........

cant wait !!!

N

No money in the bank or pocket.

Imagine if you have to make it before you go to Sainsburies.

Should be shopping at Aldi by the way.

that is the absolute top of the usd this morning on my charts .........how the hell can you call that dude ???

I waited for usd confirmation and therefore didn't get jiggy until 9.34ish ..........

N

I do it every day N

Its all down to times - PA - LR's - gameplan - levels - and working off a tick and one min chart

9 21 am was a turn on AU - GU and EU - not checked UJ - UC or UChf for now

The bots kick in and I am there with them - although not quite so quick - lol

I am into multi clues

The correlator can be one and I think is a very good general tool etc to assist you trading

But to trade and maximise your time and money - we need ideally 3 to 6 clues all lining up saying the same

If 2 clues say buy and 3 clues say sell - leave - sit on hands

If 5 clues all say sell and agree - a AAA+++ - 90% HIGH POSSIBILITY SCALP

Dont worry - I can get you there

just got nailed to the wall selling AU...........thought usd had breached north finally ....nope it turned and came south again

N
it is possible. consistency will come with experience

Attachments

• nvp.PNG
    nvp.PNG
    1.5 KB · Views: 101
USD is sitting at around 38% retrace of the days high............and sitting there