Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

unless im wrong the tag are rising now as markets fall.....looks like Euro will be saying Gooddbye to 1.37 soon.....may be a little bumpy through transition though....

Hi all

it wouldnt be dropped would it......:confused:

then markets turned completely around.....:whistling

N

Attachments

• euroshorts.jpg
    euroshorts.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 115
Yen strength ?

we are seeing yen generally flat/rising in last few hours......

BUT it should be falling according to the mighty Dow........?

thats a very bullish Yen out there folks just waiting for some market falls to propell it skywards....:sneaky:

and where Yen goes USd can follow......hmmmmm

N

Attachments

• strength issues.jpg
    strength issues.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 132
are you ready ?....ws30 just started falling on the 1m charts using price action

Attachments

• start yuor engines.jpg
    start yuor engines.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 135
tag starting to rise......could be market turn coming and all change sellign europair and buying tag.............1.37 gonna come under the hammer again for E/U I suspect in next hour.....

N

1.56 just fell on the G/U..let it bounce around a little before it falls again....

euro is actually holding its own verses the tag rise......looks like GBP will be the runt as this shakes down now gradually.....

got no issues having called the tag rise ok....but what to sell ?????

golds move up is not stopping the USD rise at all....if gold tanks back the 1.56 will collapse

of course while idiot boy here is saying watch G/U battle

the E/U is falling already !!

N

I love it when a plan comes together (y)

until tomorrow dudes work calls......

NVP:smart:

Attachments

• fast money.jpg
    fast money.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 141
I leave you with the 1.37 coming under pressure yet again on E/U

cheers
Neil

mornin.......:sleep:

markets fell a little overnight.......gold futures already pushing back up though

Tag retraced up (naturally)......but already trying to start falling again...

GBP pretty impervious to it all thru the wee hours with only Euro playing the perfect correlation to tag and markets....(notice how E/U has crossed its 20ma/50ma like the nikkei and the Dow ws30 has ...whereas G/U hasnt......just that bit closer to overall market action)

anyway watch the 15m 7am bar action - but more importantly watch the breaches of the overnights........on that 5m 1000/1 corrie......and remember that Euro and GBP aren't in harmony so far.....so some E/G trading could be on he cards as well :sneaky:

bring it on .....bring it on.....
N

Attachments

• 1oth feb overnights.jpg
    1oth feb overnights.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 138
longer term market view....

heres a 4h 1000/1 market index corrie....

tag as usual.....the rest are commodities and equities....gold is gold and grey is the dow

See how gold and then the Dow gave early indications in jan (by falling) that tag was going to fly up ?

an look at 4th feb and diversity of the dow/gold verses Ftse/Dax and crude oil....what was that about ?.......a superb convergence trade if we understood these dynamics (y)

and now we see them below the others and starting to dip downwards again ?......but ftse/dax/crude still going north ???? :cry:

I am still a novice on all of this......but I can see that perhaps these indicators/signals could allow trading the markets independently as well as alongside the forex as more exotic cocktails/basket plays....but 1 step at a time :whistling

anyone care to pitch in with observaions / comments ?

I am a novice at all of this and use this and more other focused indicators in my more private work....although thats about 10 mins a week at the moment !

but with obsevation and experience it will gradualy take shape for me and help my trading career when it (eventually :rolleyes:) starts again....

Neil
NVP

Attachments

• now what.jpg
    now what.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 109
got to go to work.......

as I leave the tag is falling and europair rising withmarkets ....perfect corelation now !

N

Hi N and whoever,

After yesterday's dramatic moves I thought today would be quiet.... Hmmm, so thats "thinking" now crossed off my list of helpful tools for trading then!

GU; Took awhile for price to decide what to do and initially looked like gettting ready for a short but didnt give any setups. Eventually it moved up and long trade entered on 08:45 bar at 56823, did nothing for three bars then popped up on 09:00 bar to start a good upwards trend, pausing only around 09:25 (some sort of news release?) for a breather. Long tailed 10:15 bar tripped my TS for 53 pip profit - at that amount I always stop trading on a pair, but I didnt! Second trade entered short on 11:10 bar at 56606 and got caught out as momentum completely dried up. Time was ticking against me and on 12:00 bar I exited for a lucky escape 3 pip profit - follow the rules stupid!

EU; 08:10 bar only just gave me a short flag so trade entered on 08:15 bar at 37557 and price moved up for two bars then came down again and found support, bumped along this for three bars then trundled off north. Had SL hit during 09:20 bar for 18 pip loss. Second trade entered long on open 09:25 bar and that naughty price went into a shallow retrace for a few bars before popping up then doing anothar small retrace and shooting skywards on that big 10:05 bar. Visit to the stars was short lived and by the time I had pulled TS to around half of the big up bar 10:10 bar took it out rapidly for 14 pip profit. Didnt try anything else after that trade due to spike bar.

EG; Price drifted around to start off with then 08:30 move down created a short setup for me. Sell stop entered at 87668 and small 09:05 bar filled this just as momentume left the building! Price did nothing for some time then picked up a little steam to move south which allowed me to set TS ready to follow down but this got taken out during 10:30 up bar for 2 pip profit. Second trade had to wait until 11:05 bar close before long entered at 88027, price moved up for two bars then rolled over into shallow decline and I exited at midday for 1 pip loss - exactly one bar to early as price popped up after this! There is timing for you.

Could prove to be a tricky afternoon so be careful - trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• gu100210.gif
    gu100210.gif
    15 KB · Views: 131
  • eu100210.gif
    eu100210.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 101
  • eg100210.gif
    eg100210.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 117
Hi N and whoever,

GU; long trade entered on 08:45 bar at 56823 for 53 pip profit
Second trade entered short on 11:10 bar at 56606 3 pip profit !

EU; 08:10 bar only just gave me a short flag so trade entered on 08:15 bar at 37557 for 18 pip loss. Second trade entered long on open 09:25 bar for 14 pip profit. Didnt try anything else after that trade due to spike bar.

EG; Sell stop entered at 87668 and small 09:05 bar filled this for 2 pip profit. Second trade 11:05 bar close before long entered at 88027 for 1 pip loss - exactly one bar to early as price popped up after this! There is timing for you.

Could prove to be a tricky afternoon so be careful - trade well and regards,
Simon.

busiest day for a while i see simon and you bagged your half century - Excellent (y)

sorry all i am stuffed at work - will try to post something later.......

N