Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Euros gradually giving ground to other 3..........tag gradually rising off of the markets bearish bias now on 5mins

N

ok....looks like euro is getting ready to take a beating now.........markets falling tag rising and GBP rising

GBP may join Euro later (so nice potential sell there when it happens)

N

Hi N and Fellow corrie campers,

Straight onto this morning's bun fight....

G; Entered long on 08:05 bar at 55874 and price moved up nicely for me just for a change, TS place rather to tight (its those damn five digits thingy!) and taken out during 09:10 bar for 23 pip profit - should have been set to lock in 18 pip which 09:20 bar would have hit. Second trade entered long again on 10:35 bar and price moved down swiftly for two bars then slowly recovered and locked itself into a range. Didnt like the looks of this and as time was running out for me, exited on close of 11:45 bar for 19 pip loss.

EU; First trade entered long on 08:20 bar and price motored nicely north for quite awhile then rolled over to take out TS during 09:40 bar for 17 pip profit. No other setups seen for rest of morning.

EG; Had to wait until 09:25 bar for buy stop fill at 87796, price rose after this then fell over for two bars and recovered again to mince on upwards. TS taken out during 10:50 bar for 11 pip profit - this pair is proving real difficult these days for me.

With GU at 1.55 and EU at 1.36 rounded values we might be seeing a blow out real soon as something somewhere down the line has to give. Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• gu080210.gif
    gu080210.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 110
  • eu080210.gif
    eu080210.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 97
  • eg080210.gif
    eg080210.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 107
Hi N and Fellow corrie campers,

Straight onto this morning's bun fight....

G; Entered long on 08:05 bar 23 pip profit - Second trade entered long again on 10:35 bar for 19 pip loss.

EU; First trade entered long on 08:20 bar 17 pip profit. No other setups seen for rest of morning.

EG; Had to wait until 09:25 bar for buy 11 pip profit - this pair is proving real difficult these days for me.

With GU at 1.55 and EU at 1.36 rounded values we might be seeing a blow out real soon as something somewhere down the line has to give. Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Hi mate.....steady money there for opening morning of the week.....(y)

I must admit I was expecting more fireworks today.....but then the us has not opened yet.....:whistling

N

gold is really driving down at the moment....but usd is not exactly responding upwards at present .....hmmm watch the rebound action if gold falters....and take GBP as a buy for the other currency

N

cmon G/U...you know that you want to fly upwards from 1.56 !

Everyone keep cheering gold to go up......if it does the pressure will pop G/U skywards....

for newbies here.......USD 5m currency is below its 20ma alongside gold which is also below its 5m Ma

this is not correlation Karma and someones going to give soon......my moneys on the comments above

N

dow and gold in opposite directions on 5m.....sort yourselves out guys........

jees...............:sleep::sleep:

gold still on downward bias on 5m 20ma......but it wont rise much on corrie......so no decent trades possible as its gridlock really.....

what we need is some gold upward action that should prompt some selling of USD.....and buy the europair dependent on how they look....GBP at present looking better bet than euro but you dont know till the actions starts....

wake me up later............:sleep:
N

finally may be going......... buy G/U on the breach............

its firing up but thats the g/U daily high its hitting now......

slowly slowly g/u is going upwards......like pulling teeth today though....

3 cheers for gold now rising.......

hip hip horay !!!

N

Attachments

• bingo.jpg
    bingo.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
jees its been tough getting onto the forum today......

ok will post something in a minute but my 7am update is hardly worth it is it !!! :p

N

heres current picture

Tag falling still and only euro is picking up the ball to run with it upwards

Euro didnt even blink when tag tried to turn a while back.....:sneaky:

makes me laugh as look at the FT's announcement today :LOL:....perhaps a blip in last 2 days then i suspect......but never be to distracted by news and predictions and trade what you see .....

hmmm....I wonder where all those BIG short Euro stops are ??? ....as when everyone is selling and no one is buying anymore.....:cry::cry:..

later dudes....busy at work today
N

Attachments

• 9th action.jpg
    9th action.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 130
  • short euro.jpg
    short euro.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 113
Hi

I think the music is stopping finally for the Euro......perhaps shorting for a while now is good idea whist the markets are driving down and taking the tag up

no idea re GBP's situation it seems to be followign the tag up like a puppy on a lead but as we know this dude is very unpredictable......

N

Attachments

• musics stopped.jpg
    musics stopped.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 130
unless i'm wrong if tag continues up then Euro and AUD are the currencies to sell.....although we are drifting now into the late morning period (pre Us opening) so could get flat and boggy

N

unless im wrong the tag are rising now as markets fall.....looks like Euro will be saying Gooddbye to 1.37 soon.....may be a little bumpy through transition though....

Hi N and anyone else,

Early post for a change, so straight into this morning's session:-

GU; It now certainly looks like nobody really wants to hold onto those Great British Pesos! First trade entered short on opening of 08:05 bar at 56225. Price retraced and gave me a small scare during first few minutes of 08:20 bar as it rose to threaten SL, but this was brief rise which turned lower again by bar's close then picked up steam to head firmly south. Encountered very weak attempt of recovery from 09:05 bar and this proved false when 09:30 bar broke downwards to test prior local low, hit another small retrace at 10:40 bar which yet again fizzled out and price went lower. TS taken out by 11:15 bar for 38 pip profit.

EU; Sell stop at 37164 just caught by 08:40 bar's low and price moved lower for one bar, staggered sideways for three bars then shot up at 09:05 taking out SL for 16 pip loss. Waited to see if 09:20 and 09:25 bars would flag a long trade but price ran out of puff and fell over. Sell stop setup again at 37164 for second trade and 10:45 bar filled this then went limp for two bars before shooting downwards and promptly finding some support. Pulled TS down in an attempt to track any further re-test of local low print but 11:25 bar took this out for 8 pip profit.

EG; At last a decent day for this pair. Entered long on 08:10 bar opening at 87854 and price sort of drifted sideways on me for a few bars then motored into life and drove nicely upwards. TS taken out by 10:35 bar for 23 pip profit.

Thats me done and dusted for the morning's session. Anyone gambling on a 1.55 test for GU before our cousins across the pond join in on the bun fight? Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• gu090210.gif
    gu090210.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 98
  • eu090210.gif
    eu090210.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 94
  • eg090210.gif
    eg090210.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 96
Hi N and anyone else,

Early post for a change, so straight into this morning's session:-

GU; First trade entered short on opening of 08:05 bar for 38 pip profit.

EU; Sell stop at 37164 just caught by 08:40 bar's low for 16 pip loss.
Sell stop setup again at 37164 for second trade and 10:45 bar for 8 pip profit.

EG; At last a decent day for this pair. Entered long on 08:10 bar 23 pip profit.

Thats me done and dusted for the morning's session. Anyone gambling on a 1.55 test for GU before our cousins across the pond join in on the bun fight? Trade well and regards,
Simon.

hi mate............nice half century there...well done (y)

Gambling you say ?

QU - whats the difference between a Gamble and a Trade :?:

Ans - a Trade is when you get it right ! :LOL:

later all
N