Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

heres the week on a default FXCorrelator 20ma 1 hour setting

green is USD .............the daddy of all currencies ............if it sneezes others catch the cold as well...........and its been bullish all week to date

clearly the GBP hit yesterday drives all other currencies more bullish............but usd was already a solid buy from mondays action

nice !

N

Attachments

• bull usd.PNG
    bull usd.PNG
    45.9 KB · Views: 89
on the scalping front .............i'm currently fading the usd (in opposition to the last post !! :p) and buying a recovering GBP.......been nice for nearly an hour now but could come off soon

later
N

my fxcm chart is -1 GMT .............god knows why

Attachments

• gu buys.PNG
    gu buys.PNG
    17.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
jesus I was about 4 pips off the pace on that move .........should have been in on the 00

usd has bounced north again on lower TF's and back into the 1 hr trend ....

so far today ive taken pips off of GU buys and now EU sells with a little uj buying also in the mix ...........nice nice moves so far !

N

usd has stalled so i'm out on all trades ..................got to take some calls

later
N

after the gbp booster I backed out of game .........usd still showing good continued bull status though so keep buying it into falling currencies like euro and yen

usd is now fading on its 4th wave of buying since Asian session............don't bank on anymore bull action for next hour or so ...............

eu got to 79...........would take a lot to persuade me to chase it lower