Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

gu at 6787............UCad at 0951 (sell)

I would be surprised to see Gu higher or Ucad lower in next 15 mins

what is going on with Eu ???.........its belting up and down like a bansheeeee

stay clear

ok been an interesting 30mins..........so watch the usd for bounces north on next 15min bar ....look to sell into it .........

7 mins in and usd is small net buy.......not enough to get excited though........and no other currency making bold moves to capitalise on it ............EU 2 pips sell........that's it (n)

1 44 pm

GU made 6791/2 - and after any pullbacks I am still looking at scalp buying again above 6782 area - to then try and tackle even 6800?

Might be too ambitious here N but would only be holding sells on under say 74 and 70

GL with GU ;-)

Regards

F

nearly there on this bar ........GU fell a couple of pips and Ucad stayed neutral .........EU took a 5 pip sell move but nothing really seized the day .........and usd was net bull.....and in fact the strongest currency on that last 15m bar

I spend a lot of time trying to predict the usd direction for my USD pair scalps .....in that way I set up possible trades and wait for the correct pairs to trigger them ..........

nothing really profitable in last 15mins though even though I called USD correctly

N

1 44 pm

GU made 6791/2 - and after any pullbacks I am still looking at scalp buying again above 6782 area - to then try and tackle even 6800?

Might be too ambitious here N but would only be holding sells on under say 74 and 70

GL with GU ;-)

Regards

F

who knows ? :smart:

1 44 pm

GL with GU ;-)

Regards

F

that's around where I last signalled gu buys ........so in agreement (y)

I like 6782 GU buys.........gbp buys being hindered by a minutely bull usd ....that will retrace soon

yep - as commented earlier............and I then said I was 2-3 pips off the pace !

good morning all........

I've got to spend more some time on a few other errands and projects this month now.....so going to be a little more low profile here for a while

will pop in from time to time as needed and answer any questions if presented + always at my web address (See my profile in the signature area)

later - have fun
N

had 10 mins yesterday to look at sports trading ............jees that stuff has moved up a few gears ..........but the liquidity is Cr*p ...........not enough money moving through to make any decent wages ........shame as its more fun than forex !

later
N

hey all

heres the weekly on a 20ma standard FXCorrelator setting ..

notice how low the divergence levels are on our G8 at moment ?.....

in fact 2014 is not exactly setting the worls alight is it ?

no-one knows what to do next ..........the overbloated /continuous pumping of new fiat notes into the system has paralysed volatility........hmmmmm...............buckle up

N

Attachments

• low volatility.PNG
    low volatility.PNG
    78.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
over the weekend I took a look at a lot of financial publications that I have been neglecting in last month or two.............

jees people are running scared eh ?

Markets are overheated , bloated , overbought , at dangerous levels ........about to explode

etc etc ...........sure they are ........its deja vue all over again to 2007.....right ?

of course its right to be nervous ................jees I have a little redundancy cash that I would like to tuck away here and there....... but not at the current p/e rations and other measures that tell me to perhaps wait a little before buying into a few stocks and bonds etc etc.........and the property boom in the south of England means my redundancy cheque would buy me about 2 bricks in a newbuild London property !

so be cautious......but also mindful that Mr market will turn when it decides to ..........not before and not until then...........the market is perfect in every decision it makes .........we are the imperfect ones ! :smart:

later
N

Last edited:
so in currency terms .............what are you planning to do come the revolution ?

heres a monthly on a 20ma .......(the FXCorrelator is available free below in the signature area......ask me if you cant get to it )

that's a dow chart on the top area .............17000 at present :eek:

they say to always use history to teach the future............ok look at 2007/2008 burst and what do you see ?

well I see Yen (yellow) and usd (green) and even swissie (grey) bought through the ceiling during that time with all other currencies getting smashed (well GBP anyway).............so that's whats going to happen when the bubble bursts ..........right ?

hmmmmm :smart:
N

Attachments

• come the revolution.PNG
    come the revolution.PNG
    43.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
on lower TF's

Euro has been weak since 2-3 am this morning............usd has been moving from flat to bullish for a while now so I like EU sells at present

GBP is strong !....since late Friday night in fact..........but with usd strengthening now we are not seeing the buys as strongly

others nothing to speak of

N

Last edited:
not sure how much more the bull usd has in tank though .tread carefully

EU has been nice since 3397..........again i'm not sure how much more we have here in tank