Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all

and thanks to Wkly options for posting some interesting work..........please everyone comment and observe as you want ............no one bites here on this thread........

N :)

Hi, NVP,

Well, here is an interesting bearish flag setup on the AUDNZD H4 chart.

However, still waiting on the M15 chart to indicate a downside momentum back in the direction of the H4 down trend.

Will follow-up more if anything happens with Entry, etc...

Thx.

WklyOptions

AUD vs NZD is an interesting pair............I've talked a lot over the years about tribes within the G8 and naturally these 2 Currencies are generally a fairly tight pair .............sure if they disconnect for an extended period it triggers some interesting convergence options ............but nothing i've tended to follow as i'm more a scalping man these days .....:cool:

N

Well,

That was a quick "No Joy..." trade setup. The Bear Flag on the H4 is now showing upside momentum (MACD slope up). So, time to move on to next setup.

Btw - this is how trading goes - much watching, waiting, stalking. Then - "No Joy" called. "Next..."

Professional traders accept this "rhythm of the markets". We see "No Joy..." cancelled setups as a critical tool for risk management.

Will try again next time - if/when a new FX setup occurs with the T1-T3 filters.

Thx.

WklyOptions

1000% yes I Agree to watching for the rhythm of the markets ......(y).........I watch the G8 on my FXCorrelator here on this thread everyday ..........

99% of the time you are watching and 1% trading

N :smart:

Last edited:
at the moment I see the USD finally peeking north ...........a little confirmation needed and I will go king kong BULL all over it !

N

Attachments

• final plays of the week.JPG
    final plays of the week.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
heres some fun .............remember I watch for certain G8 patterns and rythms and other little clues that help me trade............99% looking and 1% trading

now tell me whats VERRRY interesting about this pattern on the G8 5min 20ma shart below :smart:

N

Attachments

• tell me whats unusual about this pattern.JPG
    tell me whats unusual about this pattern.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 7 p's of trading.JPG
    7 p's of trading.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
please please please take a guess ...............no one will bite you ............

and in truth its not really anything I would lock into immediately and trade from now .................

but its part of knowing and recognising / respecting patterns and currency behaviour .........

to become proficient at trading you need to know every little pattern and game the market plays .....

24/7

N :)

Last edited:
and another clue ......I bet you same thing I've spotted is gone inside a hour .............$100,000 on it

N

in fact as i look its gone already !!!!

and I guarantee it will be days before it appears again

N

I think even Jedster may get stuck on this one ..............hahahahaha

N

GBP is rediculously bull pumped on higher TF's but what the hell........

CadUSD below 0851.........

GBPUSD say above 6965........let is warm up a bit

europeans firing up for north............aussie duo weakening

where Usd going ?

N

here comes the G/U ..buckle up

Attachments

• gu warming up.JPG
    gu warming up.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I wouldnt mind a little shake and bake "retrace" first ..........I hate gatecrashing to early

N