Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

the problem of Correlations strategyes that thay have Zero calculation points. After that it have to change this Zero Point for calculation of correlation between 2 or more pairs. sometimes happen that pairs not comeinback . correlations are all indicators of the averaging period. Sometimes its working (mostly time between news) - it has to be strategy with STOP LOSS

sorry I dont understand what you mean - please elaborate ....

N

hey Jedster

cant believe you stayed up early hours to programme that indicator ............:eek:

cheers mate - will pm you when I get time to play a little more (y)

N

still tied up on a training course this week ....will try to get into the action later

N

quick nip in

USD is swinging nicely this week............not too whippy with enough time above below the Zeros to allow some pip generation trading with other currencies

see how in the last few hours the U/J has delivered pips ? (right part of chart)

all we did was recognise the U/J trade as soon as USD was south and Yen re-entered north of the Zero line ........similarly can you see the RED buy as well (GBP)..........these were nice buys crossing above the zero whilst USD was already south ! (y)

look back ..............watch other currencies that move against the USD when its established north or south of the Zero

hmmmm? :smart:
N

Attachments

• usd swinging this week.JPG
    usd swinging this week.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 151
looks hard ????..........complicated ??????..............some trades dont work ??.............takes practice ???

jees gang ............welcome to trading :LOL:

N

a little off the wall but E/G may be a nice punt as a retace south now below say

N

against all the rules in the book eh ?

I tore up the rule books years ago........ and am tearing a few more soon as my time with my current employer ends soon due to redundancy

feels a little frightening ..........but also invigorating !!

N

all i am observing is that Euro is a solid sell and GBP a solid buy on higher TF's ...............give it a little wriggle room and i am hoping this trend then recontinue

N

5 pips max is a little frustrating but at least the idea was there ;)

GBP has been the buy ............nice moves in last hour or so (y)

N

Attachments

• frustrating.JPG
    frustrating.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 93
jees I see the world cup has arrived

if I get one more junk mail on how to make money trading on football matches I will scream !!

N

mind you ................my bookmaking family always used to look forward to tough England matches where us poor hapless brits hurled loads of money on England wins

ha !!
N

5 pips max is a little frustrating but at least the idea was there ;)

GBP has been the buy ............nice moves in last hour or so (y)

N

see how it came again :cheesy:

......like I said ......on the higher TF's the euro is a sell and the GBP is a buy (y)

N

Attachments

• and again.JPG
    and again.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 90
hey all .....

hard work today on the 1hr TF ..............NZD skewed the action and sent most currencies south of the Zero border ............

USD has been a sell for a long time now - even before turquoise NZD went ballistic overnight (see the USD green line on the chart?)

easy(ish) 20+ pips though earlier buying G/U .....see it ?

N

Attachments

• hard work today so far.JPG
    hard work today so far.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
watch these guys for scalps in directions shown

N

Attachments

• 2 trades coming.JPG
    2 trades coming.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 84