Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

let me tell you where my head is

GBP , AUD , NZD ...........all promising buys ..........

EUR, CHF ........not enough history to convince me to buy..........if anything I am watchng them as sells

USD..........solid sell for over an hour..........thats the trouble.....how long left in the tank ?

Yen .... teasy sells possible.....

CAD ..over sold ....poss retraces imminent north

and thats only a small part of all the criteria below i use re my trading decisions :cool:

N

Attachments

• 7 p's of trading.JPG
    7 p's of trading.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
let me tell you where my head is

GBP , AUD , NZD ...........all promising buys ..........GBP drops from scene with other europeans

EUR, CHF ........not enough history to convince me to buy..........if anything I am watchng them as sells ......yep now sells

USD..........solid sell for over an hour..........thats the trouble.....how long left in the tank ?.......more sells now

Yen .... teasy sells possible.....Nope its gone north

CAD ..over sold ....poss retraces imminent north
.......maybe but it will probably follow usd south

see updated comments above in red ?....trading is about contant adaption and reassessment :smart:

N

enough .......duty calls elsewhere................trading is 99% market awareness and 1% of the time actual trading

practice writing down what you see on the FXCorrelator (any TF / any setting) and the constant possibilities .........after a while they will become second nature

one day I will get time to explain this all more clearly

N

Last edited:
as I leave I really cant see USD staying bear for an extended period.........look to buy soon

N

G/U sells below 6827 would be a good trade point ...............let GBP retrace a little first though .............its dropped fast in last 10-15 mins

N

i'd like to see it meander back to 6830's ..........then come south again

later
N

Attachments

• gu attack.JPG
    gu attack.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 92
Hi, NVP,

Well, here is an interesting bearish flag setup on the AUDNZD H4 chart.

However, still waiting on the M15 chart to indicate a downside momentum back in the direction of the H4 down trend.

Will follow-up more if anything happens with Entry, etc...

Thx.

WklyOptions

Attachments

• AUDNZD - T1 - H4 Bear Flag.png
    AUDNZD - T1 - H4 Bear Flag.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 135
  • AUDNZD - T3 - M15 - Rtc Up.png
    AUDNZD - T3 - M15 - Rtc Up.png
    32 KB · Views: 120
  • AUDNZD - T3 - M15 - ZOOM - Sell DF at.png
    AUDNZD - T3 - M15 - ZOOM - Sell DF at.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 130
Hi, NVP,

Well, here is an interesting bearish flag setup on the AUDNZD H4 chart.

However, still waiting on the M15 chart to indicate a downside momentum back in the direction of the H4 down trend.

Will follow-up more if anything happens with Entry, etc...

Thx.

WklyOptions

H4 Bearish setup off right now - M15 momentum to the upside...

Will follow this setup all the way thru - until setup invalidated (H4 momentum turns up) - or M15 SELL ENTRY hit.

However, will not post here as too busy - usually don't like to trade such short-term M15 entry time frames.

Thanks.

WklyOptions

WklyOptions

Attachments

• AUDNZD - T3 - M15 - ZOOM - Trade Setup OFF.png
    AUDNZD - T3 - M15 - ZOOM - Trade Setup OFF.png
    34.9 KB · Views: 133
H4 Bearish setup off right now - M15 momentum to the upside...

Will follow this setup all the way thru - until setup invalidated (H4 momentum turns up) - or M15 SELL ENTRY hit.

However, will not post here as too busy - usually don't like to trade such short-term M15 entry time frames.

Thanks.

WklyOptions

WklyOptions

Well,

That was a quick "No Joy..." trade setup. The Bear Flag on the H4 is now showing upside momentum (MACD slope up). So, time to move on to next setup.

Btw - this is how trading goes - much watching, waiting, stalking. Then - "No Joy" called. "Next..."

Professional traders accept this "rhythm of the markets". We see "No Joy..." cancelled setups as a critical tool for risk management.

Will try again next time - if/when a new FX setup occurs with the T1-T3 filters.

Thx.

WklyOptions

Attachments

• AUDNZD - T1 - H4 Bear Flag - OFF now as Momentum Up.png
    AUDNZD - T1 - H4 Bear Flag - OFF now as Momentum Up.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 115