Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

the euro is looking a sell ............not convinced about using USD as the buy presently .....perhaps GBP or AUD

N

ive just squeesed about 2 pips out of an A/U buy over last 15 mins ...........may come out of that now

warm up for more E/J sells as well ?..........c'mon USD follow Yen back north on lower TF's

Ni

Euro has spent 25 mins in sell mode now on my more bespoke systems ..........bugger all though to play it against and i'll be happy to take even 3 pips out of that E/U sell

c'mon !!

~N

NZD buys were the play in the last 20 mins ............but its a retrace back into big selling ...............so unless you are prepared to call bottoms its a mugs game

N

im seeing divergence on the AUD vs the NZD ............not exactly helping the dynamics guys

N

ok i gotta scoot .............here how i see the market as at 17.27 GMT

Yen and USd are the big bulls ........GBP is the sell

HOWEVER.......from a personal perspective I see the Yen and USD as significant risks to extend this into the US pm session.....I would therefore advocate hunting the next strong mover from the remaining G6 into bull territory (> zero) and then buying it into USD (poss yen if it folds as well)

the CHF is the only current bull candidate - screw that dude ........dont trust it ...........wait for either an Aussie brother to get jiggy or a play on euro or GBP

as time ticks buy play the Aussies as that more certain bet (assuming the Yen and USD fade south ) .........as i said earlier in a post ..i prefer the AUD and the NZD to be as tight as 2 peas in a pod ......theyre not at present

I watch relative strength & correlation patterns on the G8 .......price means nothing to me ........:cool:

later all :smart:
N

Attachments

• strategy calls.JPG
    strategy calls.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
morning all ...........as I thought yesterday evening - the USD was running too hot ...........its a firm sell now at the moment....even the GU the most reluctant of moves shows a bullish shape since london close (slide2)

AUD was the buy......see next post

N

Attachments

• usd sells.JPG
    usd sells.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 98
  • gu position from last night.JPG
    gu position from last night.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
ok i gotta scoot .............here how i see the market as at 17.27 GMT

Yen and USd are the big bulls ........GBP is the sell

HOWEVER.......from a personal perspective I see the Yen and USD as significant risks to extend this into the US pm session.....I would therefore advocate hunting the next strong mover from the remaining G6 into bull territory (> zero) and then buying it into USD (poss yen if it folds as well)

the CHF is the only current bull candidate - screw that dude ........dont trust it ...........wait for either an Aussie brother to get jiggy or a play on euro or GBP

as time ticks buy play the Aussies as that more certain bet (assuming the Yen and USD fade south ) .........as i said earlier in a post ..i prefer the AUD and the NZD to be as tight as 2 peas in a pod ......theyre not at present

I watch relative strength & correlation patterns on the G8 .......price means nothing to me ........:cool:

later all :smart:
N

i love it when a plan comes together........the NZD is still a little shy on its aussie brother but you cant have everything in life .......... (y)

Attachments

• aussie flys.JPG
    aussie flys.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 168
Last edited: