Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Aussies are bearish and would be good sells if USD starts rising ..............watching that one

hmmm...strange patterns in the market at the moment ....no correlations

from that I mean

the europeans are scattered and the NZD and AUD are also uncorrelated

I like a little more correlation than this to trade

N

Last edited:
the usd's promise of some bull action is currently a farce......will pop back later when the G8 volatility starts to spike again

N

Euro and NZD buys showing promise but thats my point re patterns .......those 2 really shouldnt be leading the pack together

ok i have been trying to salvage something here before i scoot .........

E/U and N/U buys are 2-3 pips up ..ive also taken an aggressive scalp selling G/U sao

exiting all for about 3 pips net profit .................peanuts !!!

later
N

later all ...today is so far a little tricky........but the volatility moves WILL come...they always do in the london session

N

on a much higher timeframe I noticed all the discussions this morning on BBC TV regarding the GBP's current strength

heres the 20m on a monthly TF ............jees sterling has come a long way in 10 months (y)

and at what point would you have decided to start buying GBP ? using this chart ?.........and perhaps shorting the brown Cad as it fell below Zero ?............

USD is walking the midpath so ignore that dude unless you were using it as a partner for the faster diverging currencies.....its falling now though and below the Zero line for the first time in over a year ..........

NOW THATS INTERESTING

N

Attachments

• GBP rules the waves.JPG
    GBP rules the waves.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Way too much to read, could you point to me which page I should read to understand your strategy?

Way too much to read, could you point to me which page I should read to understand your strategy?

hey C

just read the links in the signature area and watch a few of my recent videos on youtube ............... (FXCorrelator)

you will get the flavour ..........and then ask any questions here .......also if you dial into FXCorrelator.com (WIP domain) it currently sends you to the other main thread here where I continue to teach the real basics ..............

all WIP as I am not a professional vendor or trainer and everything here is given for free/gratis

N :smart:

mornin all

well USD did get bullish eventually but easing back south now on 1hr TF 20ma

and .....nice kicker on AUD overnight !!

N

Attachments

• sell usd.jpg
    sell usd.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 103
ok i have about 15 minutes of time to scalp ...........here we go

i just missed the e/U uptick...........hmmm

clearly USD is in sell mode so I am hunting a buy ....5-8 pips is fine

hmmm.the E/J was the buy a few mins back with 5-8 pips on the table....but i was to late

still hovering

damn JPY is the Sell but I dont want to go in now as may be oversold