Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

easily 10 pips if you were fast enough.............it may have more ...........not sure how long we have that USD bear for now to run .........

the euro and Swissies are sells but so is USD so i'm on the GBP, AUD,NZD buy hunts

AUD and NZD are in charge at present ...........markets just drawing breath

USD's demise must take a break soon so I am figuring what to sell into USDs bull move

N

not sure why I am still hanging here - the last 50 mins has been enough for most traders re action ..............think I will walk away for a while

N

heres what i mean re a volatility spike in last hour or so .......(this is the 5min on a 20ma setting )

DIVERGENCE DIVERGENCE DIVERGENCE !!!

N

Attachments

• volatility spike.JPG
    volatility spike.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
if you cant make money then ...........give it up .....trading is not for you....and I cannot help you :)

Last edited:
ok going to scoot.........

NZD still loitering with intent to rise ...........not sure what to sell though.....and the USD MUST take a break and rise soon

later
N

i'm watching the europeans to sell into a rising USD .........but need to see more on thetable before I commit

Hi N

Just after Midday UK time at 12 02 to 12 10pm seemed to be the change point on the scalps

It might be just for a rest before next news due out at 1 30pm and then also the 3 00 pm one

Cannot see any more interim highs or lows after this time change - so will await now to see what happens next

Regards

F

i'm watching the europeans to sell into a rising USD .........but need to see more on thetable before I commit

hey all ................sorry got tied up in meetings

ok re above ............in truth only the Euro and the CHF have seen some falls and the USD is not exactly flying north........ as yet ...........:cool:

but pips were possible on the scalping front over last few hours (y)

later
N

Attachments

• european sells.JPG
    european sells.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 111
yes yes yes ...........technically on that 1 hr TF chart 20ma I shouldnt be even thinking about buying USD until it gets above the Zero :innocent:

but call it intuition ........there had to be some retraces coming ........and hey EURO and CHF were already south of Zero indicating sells ...so thats something eh ? :cool:

later :smart:
N

I just set the rules ...........no one said I should follow them !!!

...hahahahahhaha

N

as i leave the euro is rolling north nicely ........all the best

N

hey all .........

heres the default 20ma setting on the 1hr TF ............on this thread I use this particular setting to indicate where I believe the opportnities are to trade faster / lower TF's

in particular I watch the USD ............its the heart of the G8 and involved in over 70% of all pairs in the G8 (correct me if i'm wrong - thats old data)

this means it wont be as volatile as the others - but wherever its heading I want to be on that train when I also chose my secondary currency to trade - especially on the faster TF's where I am hunting 5 pips upwards ..........the spreads are lower on USD pairs ......and every pip counts

USD eased back towards the Zero line through the night.........that doesnt mean the USD was rising dramatically .......the convergence would have had to be much quicker over the bars shown.............call it a leisurely retrace ............and now its back above the Zero and therefore bullish ..........I need more convincing as the USD can dance and dance around this area when in the mood..........and in fact if I see a volatile currency burst in either direction i will take it until the USD gives more indication

later
N:smart:

Attachments

• USD going bull.JPG
    USD going bull.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
CADs th ebuys at the moment ....usd seems to be a sell on lower TF's