Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

we just need the USD to come off the sell accelerator a little .........

dont follow me on the A/U price ..........I am looking at relative strengths of the USD and the AUD seperately ..........price could drift down a little more before I see what I need to see

N

and I hope you have allready come out of any USD sell trades if you are on low TF's ........

hmmmmmm.....all I see is retraces on the euopean USD pairs .........not fussed there

step down

N

been back and watching for a while again........

the 1 hour shows USD under immense bull pressure now and i'd say worth chasing the usd buys now until further notice ....

GBP and CAD seem to be diverging on both fronts nicely

N

Attachments

• explosive action.JPG
    explosive action.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
hey all

heres the 1 hourly ...........you can see the USD has now gone south so chase the USD Sells on lower TF's

in truth there have already been 30-40 pips available on the EURUSD and CHFUSD pairs in the last hour.... so you may need to allow the USD a little breath time before resumption of its fall ..at least on these pairs anyway :smart:

also looking at my volatility indexes the current currency divergence levels are very significant on lower TF's so again I suspect some consolidation is due soon ............so tighten up what you have

N

Attachments

• the hourlys today.JPG
    the hourlys today.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
so for all you guys still getting your heads around this stuff

check out the links in my signature area below

or just put a 1hour 20ma alongside a 5min 20ma and trade the currencies on the same side and diverging

just to say again though this is painfully basic ......but you get the flavour of what is possible

the last hour has been great for selling USD and buying europeans .....the USD on the hourly has only just dipped north on the 20ma so one could argue those USD sells were very very marginal calls as the USD was not an established sell yet

hey - sue me :cool:

N

Attachments

• simple system.JPG
    simple system.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
here....

Attachments

• audusd buy.JPG
    audusd buy.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
usdcad buy (Cad sell)

Attachments

• cad buy.jpg
    cad buy.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
5 pips up on CAD

Attachments

• cad up.JPG
    cad up.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
dumbass loss on AUDUSD........i shouldnt have gone with it .........

N

Attachments

• aud lost.JPG
    aud lost.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
the CAD was the easier trade ...........I got greedy ...and also trying to post at the same time kills me

hahahaha
N

CAD settling in ...........lock in small profits or if your smart you will be taking half of the trade out after getting 5 pips in the bank

N

Attachments

• cad settling in.JPG
    cad settling in.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
dont get me wrong ........I do not use the 20ma system for my scalping

BUT

see how the 5min 20ma FXCorrelator also signalled that CAD sell ?.......

N

Attachments

• usd cad trade on 5min 20ma.JPG
    usd cad trade on 5min 20ma.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
not bad at all ............

remember the main main problem with the FXCorrelator (and most indicators ) is lag .....moving average lag .......

in everything I use in my own trading I eliminate lag and trade realtime signals

the FXCorrelator in the Free format here though is still plenty capable of delivering good solid pips if used with common sence MA's and with many many hours of Demo practice under your belt ........plus naturally incorporating good trading processes for RR , MM and all the other requirements that make a good trader ! :smart:

N

Last edited:
scalp well over now .............hope you grabbed a few pips

a few on the table and certainly enough to add to a realistic target of say a net 20-30 pips a day if you are scalping over a 3-6 hour period

More is a bonus ........

N

Attachments

• scalp over.JPG
    scalp over.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 198
Last edited: