Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

if you are trading the 5mins and 15mins heres the hourly tf as a signpost.....

20ma and same rules as last post ..............

and we see the USD is bullish (aboove the Zero) ..but thats it ........

NOTHING IS DIVERGING

so dont trade lower TF's at present until someone starts diverging on currenct bar / line

ok have a good day ...........I'm back in the saddle today at work

N

hey all............no trading for me today..........tied up

ok remember the call this morning above ?....what did I see and what did I say ?

USD BULL........

heres the latest .......

USD Still bull ........so buy USD sell other suitable currencies ......see some examples where that 7am price line got breached as the currencies moved through the day

its not rocket science :cool:
N

Attachments

• usd bull.JPG
    usd bull.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
morning all

will again be pretty impossible again to trade today ....grrrr

anyway ....heres the 4hr on a 20ma

repeat after me ...... USD is BULL .....USD is BULL

and look at the CAD ..............big big falls

1hr next ,....

N

Attachments

• 4hr tf 8th jan.JPG
    4hr tf 8th jan.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
heres the 1 hour

we are now well into the second day for bull USD .........

dont worry when it will end ...........just target USD buys , selling anything that weakens on the lower TF's

yellow yen , brown CAD and grey Swissie have been the main sells over last day or so

its not rocket science !!! :)

N

Attachments

• 1 hour bull usd.JPG
    1 hour bull usd.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 124
Morning all....

heres the 4hr TF ..........USD is Bull

N

Attachments

• 4hr usd bull bull bull.JPG
    4hr usd bull bull bull.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
heres the 1hr TF ..........suitable to steer faster trading decision on lower TFs

whilst we have seen some nice bull action in the last few hours .....the USD is now marginal Bear ..........for me thats too wishy washy to base any clear trading decisions on................so wait for confirmantion of the direction it next choses.....it could easily bounce back bull (in line with the 4hr TF) or equally indeed go south ...........no one knows except mr Market ! :smart:

thats not to say I wouldnt trade a USD pair if I saw certain conditions ......but the significant onus would be on the secondary currencies signal and I would be basically gambling on the USD's move

N

Attachments

• 1 hour TF Marginal USD.JPG
    1 hour TF Marginal USD.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
hey all

heres the last 9 hours or so ........on the 1 hr

ive put some verticals in where the USD bounced back and I would have been hunting the currencies shown at various times .........the arrows show the directions of the price lines from 10am

clearly I wouldnt be trading until I see the action on the rightside of the price and the 20ma is still supporting my bias........

in the last hour or so the Usd has criss crossed so again game over .......

pips ?.........profit ?..........you tell me

N

Attachments

• the day.jpg
    the day.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I didnt trade at all today

looks like the Cad , NZD and Euro pairs you will need to have capitalised on .........perhaps 20-30 pips net profit if you were real good ???...:cool:

the other 2 pairs seperate the men from the boys re minimising losses / risk

N :smart:

Last edited:
mornin all

I may get a chance to play today .........

at the moment the USD is a sell on the 1 hr 20ma TF

looks like the european currencies have been best buys to date

later
N

Attachments

• Sell USD.jpg
    Sell USD.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
sorry never called it ..........

the 1 hourly switched USD to BUY .......and only 1 sell in the house

on the m5 Tf 20ma ...............usd north and GBP sell

priceless move :smart:

N

Attachments

• nice action.JPG
    nice action.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 1 trade in the house.JPG
    1 trade in the house.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 131
usd still a buy on the 1 hour chart .....

hmmmm guess what i'm selling ??

N

Attachments

• 1 hour charts.jpg
    1 hour charts.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
well well .........the NFP went well.......only CAD took more of a bath .....

anyway the USD is now firmly in Bear territory with plenty of currencies to buy

good luck with that ............needs a few hours to clear the lines now .........if you look closely the GBP is falling ...........thats my tip on lower TFs as a sell into USD if you want to break the rules.its around 6480 at moment

I hate NFP's

N

Attachments

• now what.JPG
    now what.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
mornin all

ref that final post yesterday .......

well the USD poor NFP's took the wind out of the market

the G/U was a sell ............but that was more my opinion and experience talking more than any hard data driven signals

of the others the light blue NZD was already north of the Zero and trickled up.......(see chart)

week over ....
N

Attachments

• closeout.JPG
    closeout.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
mornin all

usd is cruising south on 1 hr and 4hr TF's so sells on the lower TF's until further notice :smart:

N

Attachments

• 1 hour usd sell.JPG
    1 hour usd sell.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 114
  • 4 hour usd sells as well.JPG
    4 hour usd sells as well.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
got to go and say goodbye to a few people at work today who are leaving as first early wave of the redundancies ..........jees a depressing time ........god bless corporate life

N

got to go and say goodbye to a few people at work today who are leaving as first early wave of the redundancies ..........jees a depressing time ........god bless corporate life

N

Hi N

Not a nice thing for any of the guys over 45 yrs old who have been encouraged to leave - or not wanted.

I am sure you are getting prepared already for later on in the year - always stay positive - life goes on and I am sure you know you are one of the luckier ones - has you already have a new exciting prosperous career ahead

Regards

F

Hi N

Not a nice thing for any of the guys over 45 yrs old who have been encouraged to leave - or not wanted.

I am sure you are getting prepared already for later on in the year - always stay positive - life goes on and I am sure you know you are one of the luckier ones - has you already have a new exciting prosperous career ahead

Regards

F

thanks F...........we will see how it goes ............I watch your threads with interest..........still 50/50 if I take the plunge later in the year ..........and yuor threads make me realise how much 100% realtime coalface experience is needed to make it .......

N

Last edited:
mornin all

yesterday we saw the USD south and you can see that it stayed south all day......today I see a nice switch to the north .........and it is holding at the moment .......so buys until further notice

see how tight the divergence is as well ?.........dont worry it will soon expand as our currencies wake up !

now clearly the red GBP was the mega sell yesterday ........so not perfect with USD showing sells at that point .....

but then nothings perfect ......and 3-4 currencies all offered some perfectly good buys during the day into the USD ...........one of the problems with humans is we constantly compare compare compare and are never satisfied

if I told you that battling those usd sells yesterday a trader should comfortably make 15-20+ pips in an 8 hour period would you be happy ?..................not as happy as if another trader had pressed sell on the g/U and mopped that up and more in an hour or so.........................hmmmmmmm ? :cool:

N

Attachments

• latest 20ma 1 hour.JPG
    latest 20ma 1 hour.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
mornin all

heres the 4hr chart on a 20ma setting (get my FREE indicators below in the signature area)

all change as those currencies trend nicely .........USD on a solid buy

N

Attachments

• 4 hour swings.JPG
    4 hour swings.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 139
Last edited: