Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

usdCAD sell below 1124 as long as my signal holds

Attachments

• cad sell below 1124.JPG
    cad sell below 1124.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
on the very low TFs the USD is as flat as a pancake ........so i get no real momentum to play with on USd pairs at present ........last 2-3 hours all had at least some USD movement

when the USD is flat in any TF you are just trading the volatility of 1 currency in effect on all USD pairs .........

a flat currency is useless in a pair trade ...it takes 2 to tango !!

N

Last edited:
in on NU

Attachments

• in on NU.JPG
    in on NU.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
usd getting some momentum north on lower TF's ........finally !!!!

Last edited:
you took me on UJ - right ?

N

Attachments

• uj.JPG
    uj.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
start locking out NU profits

Attachments

• lock in NU.JPG
    lock in NU.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
ive locked and tightened all for profits ............all it takes is for the USD to start moving a little and we start scalping ......3-5 pips or more just mopping up the moves

....be patient ......and let anything run if you get lucky .........:cool:

hope this was useful :)

gotta scoot

N

Last edited:
hope you enjoyed the show

but thats it ..................dont expect anyone on T2W to ever be able to call it live when scalping .....................forexperian for one is building a reputaion ...but you cannot expect him to call live and scalp at the same time ......its very very difficult .......and you make mistakes

I called 2 out of 3 here in the last hour or so ............and the one I lost was a bad call....god knows what i was doing ..........

i also missed 2-3 others whilst waiting for the damn picture files to load into T2W so thats not good for business either

and if you trade across 7 usd pairs like i do you will realise that when the USD moves virtually all the pairs will offer pips so you have to be an octopus purely for the trades !

have a good evening
N

mornin all

hope you enjoyed the brief scalp burst yesterday ..........my own personal trading journey is now 100% focused on low timefreame trading techmiques.......

scalping technically is about grabbing 2-3 pips a time on high frequency trading ......I would say I am not scalping but still seeking high probability moves on USD pairs with the potential to move from 5 pips upwards ........4-5 pips will do me as thats where I move to b/e on trades.........

I am still experimenting with new mechanics and execution on my platforms being tested as one should never be happy with what you have ..........

i like Experians approach and am experimenting with brokers offering multiple entry / exit options so I can take partial profits out of a trades without necessarily moving hard stops...

all work in progress as I consider the option to go pro later in the year

meanwhile if I get a chance to play later here today I will call them as I see them ...........perhaps not trading but calling them here as if I was rtading ...yesterday those 2 wins from 3 trades was rediculously hard for me alongside the new things I am testing .....

all if I get time
N

Last edited:
I called UJ sell a few minutes ago ............I was also in GU buys but that was b/e after a run up of 6 pips

N

Attachments

• uj call.JPG
    uj call.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
you can see here even on a 5min standard FXCorrelator on a 20ma the moves on those guys north ....................theres are sells as well but for various reasons i didnt play them

green USD is flat as a pancake .....so not perfect at present to trade :cool:

but to repeat again I do not use the standard 20ma indicator to trade on lower TF's.....I have other derivatives I use

open up this free indicator below and play with it ...........nothing I have ever seen comes closer to giving me my edge for trading forex than strenghtmeters :smart:

N

Attachments

• yen and gbp buys.JPG
    yen and gbp buys.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
UJ still going ...............10-15 comfortable pips now in the tank .........

as I said yesterday .............If I were pro I would start from 7ish and trade until i had a net 20 pips in the bank....it wouldnt be that simple due to me using multiple trade entry / exit techniques

but it would also equate to a finite net profit value for the session - based on £x per pip

so this trade would be at least 25-30% of my humble target already

if you take a look at forexperians thread (i'm not asking you to judge him - just read his strategy)...........then he targets around 50 pips a day which he says is do-able ......and I agree as long as you dont get more that 3+ bad moves in the session and then really trade to be around the 20 pips I am targeting

a losing day would truly be a disaster once you have been trading it efectively for hundreds of sessions in my opinion

sure I have a lot of years experience in strengthmeter based trading ..........but this is the first time I have brought the final 20% to the table regarding execution and my bespoke indicators

interesting times :smart:

N

Attachments

• nice nice nice.JPG
    nice nice nice.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
gut grinding pause

Attachments

• grrrrrrrrrrr.JPG
    grrrrrrrrrrr.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
im actually in the wrong trades here now but will lock and load them to preserve profit ...............

T2W is also painfully slow allowing me to load stuff so will have to step away now

I am hopeful I will be able to call 60%-70%+ calls on my trades consistently with more an more practice on my indicators and new platforms ....

I need many more hours of extra practice in this to bring that final edge to the table and be 100% confident in myself and my low TF systems............practice practice practice.......you can never be good enough !!!

Jedster.... I will catch up with you soon for some reviews of what i am doing and some help i need fine tuning the systems ....(y)

Jedster is the best damn programmer / trader have ever met ......one day we might persuade him to post more at T2w but he is extremely private and also very busy most of the time (y)

cheers dude
N

Attachments

• closure.JPG
    closure.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited: