Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

heres the 1 hour on a 20ma

you can see where the trade was possible as a signal.........but then again .......at what point do you decide that G/J is the trade to follow and not the many other possible combinations ?

most of my research is around how to REDUCE my trade selection .......

later
N

Attachments

• 1 hour signal.JPG
    1 hour signal.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
heres the year

i've set a weekly chart on a 500ma setting on the FXCorrelator
(available here for free below in the signature area)

the bold currencies are the major movers this year ......EUR,GBP,YEN,AUD

SUPERTRADE ?..........picking up GBP buys in MAR and then riding the AUD sells from APR

3,500 pips ......not too shabby .....and still running

N

Attachments

• GBPAUD.JPG
    GBPAUD.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 125
  • the year in 500ma index .jpg
    the year in 500ma index .jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 116
in fact the 20ma reveals 2 perfect trades on G/A ......using the weekly charts

but I say again .........most of my focus is always around discounting trades as there are always so many there to potentially trade re diverging currencies

you can just basket trade the lot..........which can work on higher TF's

N

Attachments

• 2 perfect trades.JPG
    2 perfect trades.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 127
This thread has discussed market correlation at length over the years ........especially the ole Equities vs the Yen and USD .......

do these 2 currencies really correlate inversely to Equities ??

these days I tend to take it all with a pinch of salt .......I suppose if you put me on the spot I am reminded of a famous traders comments about how he traded the markets and looked for pressure points to trade profitably

"ask me to predict and gamble on how many people will pass through the Exit of a shopping mall at any one time ?
sure i'll say more in the last hour of shopping but generally i'm not staking big bucks on the numbers ....
then let me press the fire alarm button and then tell you whats going to happen "

look at 2008/2009 on the charts (fire alarm) and that correlation was then pretty guaranteed :cool:

N

think about that fire alarm quote..........and try to apply it to your trading ......it should improve your profitability even if it just reduces your number of trades...identify the fire alarm moments :smart:

Attachments

• YEN USD DOW CORRELATION.JPG
    YEN USD DOW CORRELATION.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
mornin all

i'm working today and the markets will be dead anyway .......

later
N

I have a decisoin looming over the xmas break ......

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...aders-v-commercial-traders-5.html#post2247916

I am going to take the xmas break to decide if I finally go pro next year.....I have redundancy looming and may well finally decide to do something that I have had a lifetime passion for and finally not have corporate faceless bosses......

you only get 1 life ...........and I figure better to have tried than looked back at not trying it ........

sure i'm profitable when I do get my head down and get time to trade.........but how good and is it enough to be a pro ?....year in year out ?

i am under no illusions about the lifestyle and the pressure .....sure its the money buzz ........but to be in that league of retail traders that can REALLY do it day in and day out ?...........that would be truly a lifelong ambition come true....screw the money

N

Last edited:
hey all

looking at the last few days its been actually not bad at all.......

on the 1 hr 20ma (sets up any short term trading signals)......look at how solid the USD Sells are .................its just sitting below the Zero and cruising along......(meaning a solid and regular SELL signal for 3 days now)

so generally picking any of the G7 and you would have made money at some point against the USD over the last 3 days

CAD rules though ...look at it

merry xmas all - i'm travelling to family from tomorrow ........then semi-conscious for about a week or so

(no change there then :) )

N

Attachments

• holiday trading.JPG
    holiday trading.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 120
interestingly that previous chart is a lesson for everyone who tries to chase retraces/reversals .............

as if you were waiting for the USD to retrace north (and trade it) you would have been killed time after time :eek:

N

Last edited:
morning all

I was in sainsburys at 6.10 am this morning ..........jees there must be easier ways to earn brownie points

I doubt if I will trade today ...........heres the 1hr setting the scene......nice USD buys overnight....so technically we would chase USD buys and whatever is selling

good luck :smart:
N

Attachments

• xmas eve.JPG
    xmas eve.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 106
hey all

well that didnt last long ............I live on a development by the sea and a couple of big trees have come down so had to help out up the road to clear it ......

ok got to go and pick some family up so thats it

have a great xmas every one and a great new year

I wil dial in over that time but next few days will be a little hazy .........hahahaha

thanks for everyones support this year and I hope you have been helped even a little by looking at strengthmeter technology ......you dont have to incorporate it 100% into your trading like me ...........but I strongly recommend using it to at least support pairs you are looking to trade

N

hey all

back again..........watching the fast TF's .......some nice buys on the USd at the moment

N

been generally a nice run on buying USD this evening...

heres the 15m TF on a 20ma FXCorrelator

have a great evening
N

Attachments

• 20ma on 27th Dec.JPG
    20ma on 27th Dec.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 133
Morning all .........

having a little trawl around the forums this weekend ....always good to take a peek

N