Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

G/U overtaking the Euro on the sells gradually ...still nice on both though

sell on A/u if anyone interested .....1.0286

I was just looking back ....marginal stuff ...that call came back up to 1.0292 and then dropped to 1.0275 around midnight.......i said to look at 4-5 pips max drawdown on the trade so sorry if you came out and missed the handful eventually on offer

thin though !

N

nice sell on E/U currently ...A/U and G/U are rolling but Euro moved first....

i'm a whisker from pulling the plug on this as it retraces...I was hoping it was going to run longer

out @ 2376.....dammit I was hoping to make more than a handful

AUS D is strongish on low ma 15m TF's........thats a nice buy if the Yen and usd suddenly turn south ....

GBP is still showing weak moves ......so there you go

dependent on what the yen and usd do next i've shown yyou my strategy for what to look for

Sell GBP
or
BUY AUD

now let the market come to you ...

N

in truth i'm not sure what the yen is doing at the moment ...its to weak for me ...

Last edited:
in my own trading I do take the simple concepts of USD/Yen/ Dow alignment a lot further to give me my signals

Multiple TF's
Multiple Ma combinations
advanced Pattern recognition for all G8 (not just Yen & Usd)

and it can be literally a lot of hours between each signal on the 15m TF's ....to either be stopped out at b/e hopefully ...or to bag a move ....possibly up to 15-20 pips max if I am lucky

thats getting real with trading ......

N

the A/U is really trying to move up again right ?.......so my next wquestion is

do I try again - assuming signal still ok ...or do I wait for the next change in pattern.....

ie .....yen and USd change pattern

another currency steps in front of the AUD...which in truth is asleep now in Aussieland

thinking thinking thinking

N

yep here comes the euro .....buy above 2386 if all else holds

can you see the strategy here ?

I am trading a lot on confirmed correlation and then breaches of s/R lines on the 15m TF

I call that "front foot" trading the 15m TF ....others call it trading at "retail prices" .....

why ?

because if you look at things theres a lot of pips on the table aready before you even try to trade the signal ..........in hindsight.so we are trading well into the money
(we are buying/selling at expensive "retail" prices instead of trying to shop and warehouse prices ahead of the breach)

the E/U will have come up 20 pips already before I trade ...so i'm expecting more ?

Hmmm........thats not right is it .....or is it ?

Thinking thinking

N

A/U is a nice move as well.....jees if only I gave my trades more space ?

That previous A/U buy only sipped 3 pips nvp and is now doing well

Hey..you trade your way i'll trade mine !!

N

i'm just trying to show how its never easy to trade....

and each level of knowledge you get to on your approach / edge .....just opens up more doors to the next level of challenges !

and remember these are not distinct levels like a stupid video game ....each challenge may send you back down to prevous assumptions and rules you set way back !!

do not pass go - do not collect £200....

the day any trader sits back and says their system is perfect is the day they stop winning in the long term

N

stopped on E/U ..............sorry i'm fiddling today as I am trading ......playing with some new ideas as usual

N