Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Neil

Do you think that correlation can be used in short terms, because to me seems that correlation in the short term cannot be taken as an edge.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Mike

Hey M

sometimes the magic works and sometimes not.....;)

heres the 1mins today ..........not bad ?

N

Attachments

• 1 mins.jpg
    1 mins.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 150
Hey M

sometimes the magic works and sometimes not.....;)

heres the 1mins today ..........not bad ?

N

Nice.

How does it work?

Let me guess. You use the strength indicator on the right for divergence and on the chart on the right you enter when prices cross the 50 sma and exit when prices cross back the 7 sma ?

Just guessing. LOL

Nice.

How does it work?

Let me guess. You use the strength indicator on the right for divergence and on the chart on the right you enter when prices cross the 50 sma and exit when prices cross back the 7 sma ?

Just guessing. LOL

sounds like Mr Yeomans Offerings to me Mike ....I walk different paths ;)

hey Mike / all .....

Tom Yeomans was a pioneer in the early 2000's of strengthmeter based trading and I respect his work a lot .........

looks like he has taken more of a back seat now in his companies as he is semi-retired.... and they are adopting much more aggressive marketing and actually have also reduced their prices dramatically to get more business

I have no affiliations with them but they seem pretty solid to me and better than most out there in the Trading/ Training cosmos :eek:

anyway as regards what I do ...I gave an example recently that is now shown below in my signature area ...........

If anyone is interested have a look .......its free

heres that set-up / Indicator in todays 15m TF .......signalling a nice sell on USD from about 03.30 GMT this morning (the chart is -1 GMT)

you were'nt awake ?..shame on you all ...hahahaha :LOL:

N

Attachments

• the 20ma system .jpg
    the 20ma system .jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
same chart ..........tempted ?

Attachments

• tempted .jpg
    tempted .jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 133
hey Mike / all .....

Tom Yeomans was a pioneer in the early 2000's of strengthmeter based trading and I respect his work a lot .........

looks like he has taken more of a back seat now in his companies as he is semi-retired.... and they are adopting much more aggressive marketing and actually have also reduced their prices dramatically to get more business

I have no affiliations with them but they seem pretty solid to me and better than most out there in the Trading/ Training cosmos :eek:

anyway as regards what I do ...I gave an example recently that is now shown below in my signature area ...........

If anyone is interested have a look .......its free

heres that set-up / Indicator in todays 15m TF .......signalling a nice sell on USD from about 03.30 GMT this morning (the chart is -1 GMT)

you were'nt awake ?..shame on you all ...hahahaha :LOL:

N

N

Thanks, I will look at it the weekend.

M

hey all

big hit on the GBP this week ......and the Euro continues to slowly fall...

Dow has fallen with usual USD and Yen rises

people ask me :-

do Equities drive the YEN & USD moves....or do Currency moves drive the Equities ?

Easy - the Answer is Yes !! :p

NFP's today so be careful

N

Attachments

• week ended 1st June 2012.jpg
    week ended 1st June 2012.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 189
hey all ...

well the NFP's threw the fat in the fire ............rapid pips if you went the right way

anyway i'm otta here soon

been a fun week and I have enjoyed being on the Brambles excellent threads here so recommend you taker a peek sometime

heres the 15m TF 20ma on a dow chart as per the Free indicator below right now .......see how the USD and Yen got buried by the bad NFP's

N

Attachments

• RIP USD and YEN.jpg
    RIP USD and YEN.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 172
hey all ...

well the NFP's threw the fat in the fire ............rapid pips if you went the right way

anyway i'm otta here soon

been a fun week and I have enjoyed being on the Brambles excellent threads here so recommend you taker a peek sometime

heres the 15m TF 20ma on a dow chart as per the Free indicator below right now .......see how the USD and Yen got buried by the bad NFP's

N

I got the move.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 191
if you read the signature area below you will see my Free system available here on this thread .....

no it doesnt tell you everything ....its Free ...gratis.....an introduction to strengthmeters with a little Equity correlation thrown in .......

does it work 100% of the time ....?

of course it doesnt ......

does it keep you on the right track re what and when to trade ?

heres last week on the hours ....4-5 signals ....all denoting where to trade the yen and USD (I trade the USD)...... that friday signal 4 & 5 was almost a follow on anyway .......

not bad ? :smart:
N

Attachments

• The system.jpg
    The system.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 196
hey all

I get a lot of questions from Newbies .....fine with me ;)

there are hundreds of Newbie guides out there to forex ....just dial in forex , training , beginners etc etc into google and put a year or so aside to read them !

personally I think babypips.com is pretty good to start with

heres something that hit me this week ....all broker sponsored.....its as good as anything else for reading and starting out

i'm not affiliated or supporting the company involved ...just showing its all out there if you ask

dont pay to much attention to the systems ....they are just showing a nice starter to get you into things ....(a bit like my 20ma system in the signature area below)

actually the ole 8/21 EMA is not a bad system and ive seen a lot worse ! .....

N

Attachments

• ForexBeginnersGuide.pdf
    965.5 KB · Views: 5,810