Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey all

Boinnnng !!

the Dow bounces off the 12,000 ............but for how long ?

N

Attachments

• Dow bounce at 12000.jpg
    Dow bounce at 12000.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 181
usd going north again on 15m's ....
I am very keen to begin working with this. However, I am having some difficulty in installing the indicator. I end up with an indicator window with nothing in it. In the data window, I have the various currencies listed, but showing 0.0000 as the value next to each listing. Can you offer some suggestions as to what I can do to remedy this? This is where I am hoping to get to

In reviewing some of the videos that describe the system, I thought that I had seen a screen shot showing the currency meter in a panel below the pair chart. The same place as where you would find the average true range, or MACD. And the only strength lines showing were those related to the pair chart above? But I have been unable to find it again. Was I seeing what I wanted to see, or is it possible to achieve that arrangement?

Your reply to this question to your other address was

once you load the indicator it will appear below the chart being used and you siply watch the yen and usd
vs the Zero dotted line

Is this because these will be the only strength lines showing? Or do I need to differentiate them myself?

Please help.

hey all

the Dow is fighting back…aussie D has taken most pips off the yen and USD this week so far as a result

N

Attachments

• tuesday 5th June 2012.jpg
    tuesday 5th June 2012.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 196
I am very keen to begin working with this. However, I am having some difficulty in installing the indicator. I end up with an indicator window with nothing in it. In the data window, I have the various currencies listed, but showing 0.0000 as the value next to each listing. Can you offer some suggestions as to what I can do to remedy this? This is where I am hoping to get to

looks like a syntax issue with the symbols of the Platform you are using ...easy to fix...send me a picture of the chart thats not working or the full name of any currency pair chart you are loading up...see that my chart below for the DOW is US30,H1 for the 1hour TF ....tell me on yours and also the same syntax for EURUSD pair please

In reviewing some of the videos that describe the system, I thought that I had seen a screen shot showing the currency meter in a panel below the pair chart. The same place as where you would find the average true range, or MACD. And the only strength lines showing were those related to the pair chart above? But I have been unable to find it again. Was I seeing what I wanted to see, or is it possible to achieve that arrangement?

see chart below.....the FXCorrelator appears in a screen below the chart like a macd (in fact the FXcorrelator has many similarities to a macd but thats another story)

Your reply to this question to your other address was

once you load the indicator it will appear below the chart being used and you siply watch the yen and usd
vs the Zero dotted line

Is this because these will be the only strength lines showing? Or do I need to differentiate them myself?

the Yen and USD are in bold and are colored yellow and Green

Please help.

Hi R

and welcome !

ok see responses in red above ...........

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 181
  • syntax pelase.jpg
    syntax pelase.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
the 15m TF using my Free indicator in the signature area below has been very very kind in the last few hours

N :smart:

Attachments

• not bad.jpg
    not bad.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 227
looks like the AUD, NZD and even CAD are coming south to join the party .....tighten on the recent european sells as they may come off the peddle now ....

N

Attachments

• aussies coming.jpg
    aussies coming.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 185
beware as well ...my volatility meters are showing very high now on this 15m move

we hav'nt been this big on G8 volatilty since 1st Jun last week

on the other hand the 4h TF is not even registering entry volatility yet for Yen USD Buys

Different Timeframes mean different signals !

N

USD looking strong on lower timeframes ....buy if the dow now stalls south

big divorce on the yen and usd on 5 mins .....guys talk about it ....work it out !

fakeout move...looks like the usd will fall towards the Yen ...

I see gold has done well in last few days....its actually above the G8 currency strengths now on a 20ma Daily setting

see the violet line on the chart

personally I like my USD a little cheaper before i get interested in the old AU/USD buys.....you have to reach back to Jan and Feb for that action.....

its time will come soon perhaps....as at least its top of the tree again ....and thats a start

and a warning of the days ahead ?

N

Attachments

• gold is back to form.jpg
    gold is back to form.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 187
NVP;
Thanks for the welcome. I am ashamed to admit that I have no idea about how to make or send a screen shot. The computer I use to learn to trade, and hopefully eventually trade is a PC but with minimal software other than windows. So I don't know if I have the capability of making a screen shot.

I will describe what I see. And the chart in question is the EURUSD. It has one indicator window open. But that window is blank. In the data window there is evidence that the indicator should be there. There is a listing of the 8 currencies and beside each there is the value 0.0000 . When I delete the indicator window, and reinstall the fxcorrelator basic free version indicator, under inputs there are peravr with a value of 20, delta with a value of 1, and then under variable there is the statement show Eur and so on for each of the 8 currencies. Below all of these there is an icon and SymbolSuffix with nothing in the value column.

Going to common properties both allow dll imports and allow external experts imports are checked. Colors are numbered 1 through 7 with the line width and style as downloaded.

Under levels there is some unusual symbol that looks like I would write for approximately equal to, and then a 0. Description is blank. And style is silver dashed. Visualization currently shows in all timeframes.

That's about all I can tell you. I hope that is enough for you to help me solve this. I sure hope so, as I am anxious to work with this and hopefull become sufficiently confident to start trading live. My metatrader platform is from IBFX, although I know they don't provide dow 30 charts. Hopefully that isn't the cause of the problem.

You probably don't get too many people as clueless about computers as I am. But I was a real whiz with a slidefule while in University.

Look forward to seeing the back of any kinds of technical issues.

hey all

USD and Yen still falling ......off a rising dow

N

Attachments

• 6th june 2012.jpg
    6th june 2012.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 179
NVP;
Thanks for the welcome. I am ashamed to admit that I have no idea about how to make or send a screen shot. The computer I use to learn to trade, and hopefully eventually trade is a PC but with minimal software other than windows. So I don't know if I have the capability of making a screen shot.

I will describe what I see. And the chart in question is the EURUSD. It has one indicator window open. But that window is blank. In the data window there is evidence that the indicator should be there. There is a listing of the 8 currencies and beside each there is the value 0.0000 . When I delete the indicator window, and reinstall the fxcorrelator basic free version indicator, under inputs there are peravr with a value of 20, delta with a value of 1, and then under variable there is the statement show Eur and so on for each of the 8 currencies. Below all of these there is an icon and SymbolSuffix with nothing in the value column.

Going to common properties both allow dll imports and allow external experts imports are checked. Colors are numbered 1 through 7 with the line width and style as downloaded.

Under levels there is some unusual symbol that looks like I would write for approximately equal to, and then a 0. Description is blank. And style is silver dashed. Visualization currently shows in all timeframes.

That's about all I can tell you. I hope that is enough for you to help me solve this. I sure hope so, as I am anxious to work with this and hopefull become sufficiently confident to start trading live. My metatrader platform is from IBFX, although I know they don't provide dow 30 charts. Hopefully that isn't the cause of the problem.

You probably don't get too many people as clueless about computers as I am. But I was a real whiz with a slidefule while in University.

Look forward to seeing the back of any kinds of technical issues.

hey R

I need to know the full syntax for any pair on your chart

so EURUSD could be shown as EURUSD.xxx or whatever on the chart you have

the XXX is what I need (or there may be nothing added like my FXCM account)

sorry buddy but no dow is a problem ....USD and Canada dont seem to show this on their platforms for legal reasons ........crazy !

I have many clients who cant get this indice up on demo's or real platforms

let me know and we can progress ...at least I can get you the Indicator up on another chart

N

Neil

I am trying this correlation business on a very tiny account, I went long Audusd and Audjpy, Audjpy target reached of 30 pips, Audusd still in.

Attachments

• corre.png
    corre.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Going well today .........stay on those Yen and USD Sells (y)

This indicator is available at the signature area below and needs an MT4 platform and access to a Dow Chart ....sometimes difficult in the US and Canada

N

Attachments

• nice action.jpg
    nice action.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 236