Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hey D

Scalping is a little bit of an anomaly really and a hangover from some older videos and titles on other forums

use this 80/20 system on higher Timeframes and you shouldnt have to be glued to the screen (y)

use the 4h or even the daily TF's with apropriate stops

the 4h was signalling a yen/usd buy (dow sell) on 80/20's from 8am yesterday and has delivered over 300 pips on just the G/U and E/U sells alone before any yen trades

N

Thank you.:D

nice 5 mins overnight.......:smart:

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 144
Hi NVP,

Newbie to T2W but have been trading on and off since the Freeserve float, and have been spending the last year or so trying to develop a system, but it is proving difficult. The reason I post is, can you please detail your 80/20 system or point me to the relevant post, thanks in advance.

Look forward to the professional site, and the early bird discount for T2W members.

S

hey S

check out the stuff below in the signature section it kinda gets you there.......this thread started with some raw ideas that developed so theres not much structure and you have to go with the flow

thats why I am developing the FXCorrelator Website coming soon

N

the FXcorrelator 80/20 system.............

Usable on 1min to weekly timeframes (y)

heres the daily back to jan 2011

A Euro under extreme pressure from the Greek tragedy :)rolleyes:) will fall nicely off of the (falling) dow pressure to buy Yen, USd and Swissie

or is that to obvious ? :smart:

N

Attachments

• daily's.jpg
    daily's.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 128
and heres the Daily on a 1000ma setting

this gives us all a more True Price/Value orientated view of the market and allows us to utilise price action techniques like

identifying Higher/Highs (HH) and Lower Lows (LL)
Support and Resistance levels

....for the individual currencies

Ironically on the charts , the Euro is still the highest riser for the year ......but will it last ?

Hey - the FXcorrelator is not just a pretty Face !! :p

N

Attachments

• daily soap opera.jpg
    daily soap opera.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
on another subject............

Jees I thought I was not bad at technology - being pretty accomplished on most microsoft office business apps (word,excel,ppt etc etc)

and I am holding my own in all this Video (youtube)culture , E-mails , Threads , Forums etc etc

but my Webdesigner is blowing my mind on what I need to be considering for supporting my forthcoming new Website and services

Jees.....even facebook and Twitter is old hat now as the next generation of instant communication arrives

at the end of the day I am learning something new and evolving ...and the movement
forward keeps you sharp.....

well as sharp as I will ever get with this 21st century stuff !!! :rolleyes:

N

trade what you see..........opinions and Guesses are worth nothing in this game :smart:

Attachments

• euro fights back .jpg
    euro fights back .jpg
    104 KB · Views: 151
on a seperate issue..(yes - and I know that traders should just trade and not offer comment on Economic policies and scenarios :sneaky: )

Greek bonds at 30% yields .........see how Financial markets will always ultimately dictate what needs to happen ?

The markets cannot be denied.....sure you can fool some of the people some of the time with short term actions...but Market forces always prevail

I still think the Euro will not be the beast it is currently over the next few years......it will have members missing who have reverted to national currency or they will be using in a different Tier of Euro currency (like a Euro B) collectively that will trade at a huge discount to Euro A

I had a few E-mail exchanges with some global market "Experts" on this a long while back and they told me it was impossible that the Eurozone would consider any such actions

spare me......nothing is impossible :whistling

N

meanwhile the market is not bothered about the Euro's Plight ......

we are seeing a classic carry trade play on the 5 mins :smart:

NVP

Jees - stand by for the armies of Junk mail next week with every Marketeer telling you how their mega-robot-androidatron made hundereds of pips today ........sigh :rolleyes:

Attachments

• nice moves .jpg
    nice moves .jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 166
oops ...........sorry Webdesigner :devilish:....I really should be doing some hard pre-selling
as well re my forthcoming Website

FXCORRELATOR
its really Groovy,sexy and great.....1 million pips a week Guaranteed.....buy it now while stocks last ....We mean it ........it wont stay this price forever :eek:

Nah........not my style ;)
N

Last edited:
been spending Lunch sniffing around other Brand New threads...........

Apologies if I have upset anyone who was genuine but some of these threads crack me up with the " i am new to trading but what do you think about this site ?" approach

I applaud that T2W do not require newbies to earn any Kudos points first before being allowed to start Threads but it does have its drawbacks at times with the scammers

N

on a seperate issue..(yes - and I know that traders should just trade and not offer comment on Economic policies and scenarios :sneaky: )

Greek bonds at 30% yields .........see how Financial markets will always ultimately dictate what needs to happen ?

The markets cannot be denied.....sure you can fool some of the people some of the time with short term actions...but Market forces always prevail

I still think the Euro will not be the beast it is currently over the next few years......it will have members missing who have reverted to national currency or they will be using in a different Tier of Euro currency (like a Euro B) collectively that will trade at a huge discount to Euro A

I had a few E-mail exchanges with some global market "Experts" on this a long while back and they told me it was impossible that the Eurozone would consider any such actions

spare me......nothing is impossible :whistling

N

I don't know about that - the Greeks are to blame for blowing billions that they never had, but the European Union let them do it - which makes the European Union compliance department equally guilty and tells me it's not just the Greeks who will have to foot the bill. I think Merkl and Sarkozy know that but won't admit it for fear of the voters.

That's why Germany is talking about restructuring Greek debt - because restructuring it means basically that the European Union and a fair few banks in the EU - will take the hit. That's the politically adept way to do it, because they'll be taking a loss on a balance sheet, which no-one will really appreciate for what it is - compared to handing over a ton of taxpayer's dosh.

I can't see that breaking the Euro. It's not like a big bear market for the Euro will mean it has to be broken up. Of course there'll be a lot of hoo-haa (and a lot of smugness from Brit Euro-sceptics).

hmmm

but did'nt they pull a clever financial instruments scam to qualify to the conditions of entry ?....they
should never have got in :smart:

anyway I hope this gets resolved.....we dont need another U.S style Lehman run on Europe this
time as no one will win and the european banks will shut down any liquidity they have (finally)
deemed to share with us mortals in the last 2 years

N

Right ..............c'mon you lot

i'm now over 190,000 views on this thread so time for some audience participation (y)

heres a DIY kit for the week just gone

please feel free to post and tell me where the big signals were and why :smart:

N

Clue - there is a monster signal in there :cheesy: !!!

Attachments

• diy weekly chart.jpg
    diy weekly chart.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 140
Right ..............c'mon you lot

i'm now over 190,000 views on this thread so time for some audience participation (y)

heres a DIY kit for the week just gone

please feel free to post and tell me where the big signals were and why :smart:

N

Clue - there is a monster signal in there :cheesy: !!!

OK I'll take the Corrie Challenge. My opinion is that it was saying get short GBP and long USD or Yen from midday Wednesday.

If you'd done that and exited Friday, you would have netted 200 pips on each pair.

Or did I oversee a bigger one?

Hey all

Thanks A ............appreciated

theres 2 signals and A picked up the Daddy which was the move wednesday into thursday...then its about picking the right partner to trade against the yen and usd....or even a basket trade on a fe of the main candidates

i've labelled the 2 moves on the attachment :smart:

N

Attachments

• diy 2.jpg
    diy 2.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 163
hey all

nice overnights - see how Team USD** stayed together :smart:

** TEAM USD - USD/YEN/CHF/CAD

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
hey all

I see there was a superb convergence play end of last week on the Euro vs the YEN/USD/CHF

they were 5-6 bandwidths apart screaming for a retrace :smart:

the move up on the Euro was incredible !

convergence stuff in pages shown below
N

Attachments

• convergence play last week.jpg
    convergence play last week.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 176