Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

overnights were pretty ok (y)

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 122
jees

I've been itching to sell the GBP and the Euro but the signals were not 100% correlated until recently :eek:

N

Attachments

• moring action.jpg
    moring action.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 139
The party may have already finished....but notice my comments below

low MA's (like the 20 and below) will distort the retraces back to Zero and make them look like monsters ...............they are usually not and you always have time to exit or leave until it is really the case on the real pairchart :smart:

N

Attachments

• beware the 20ma.jpg
    beware the 20ma.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 156
said so.................let them run until the 20's start getting breached :smart:

N

Attachments

• lunch.jpg
    lunch.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 153
Exits are the make and break of sucessful trading

look at this bumper bundle of conflicting messages and signals....what strategy would it have taken to get more pips profit than at price level A (and E) ?

Decisions Decisions :smart:

N

Ignoring Target Driven trading (by using the paircharts recent support/resistance levels and some ATR common sense) in truth you could do a lot worse than just tightening up when a 20ma is crossed back by either currency and also when the pairs 20**sma is breached

**I mean a full bar breach as well - opening and closing outside the 20 sma line - not just covering it on a bar

No holy Grail and no cigar.........anything below A as a close would have been doubtful given the dynamics happening - also bear in mind that this is the GBP you are dealing with and volatility is its middle name............target driven trading is more advisable for this particular pocket rocket !

Attachments

• exit strategies .jpg
    exit strategies .jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
and dont get to hung up on exiting trades......if the conditions are still prevailing and switch back to 100% correlation on the 80/20 then go in again !!

N

hey the 5mins are for wimps...heres its big big Brother the 1 hours (y)

signing off
N

PS - the CHF looks like it is strengthening alongside the yen and USd - perfect for a Carry trade/unload Risk scenario

Attachments

• 1 hours .jpg
    1 hours .jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 124
hey the 5 mins are for wimps...here's its big big Brother the 1 hours :thumbs up:

signing off
N

PS - the CHF looks like it is strengthening alongside the yen and USd - perfect for a Carry trade/unload Risk scenario

what a day in 15 minutes eurusd 45 pipes then at the same time eurjpy another 40 pipes 85 pipes wow what a live in PARIS on holiday just open the laptop then bingo money on the till?????????????????????:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
many thanks so many opportunity today wowwww that correlation a gold mine please please when the new pay version?

what a day in 15 minutes eurusd 45 pipes then at the same time eurjpy another 40 pipes 85 pipes wow what a live in PARIS on holiday just open the laptop then bingo money on the till?????????????????????:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
many thanks so many opportunity today wowwww that correlation a gold mine please please when the new pay version?

hey B

yes it was a good day yesterday.............I am glad that you are doing ok

something tells me that you are a pretty experienced trader though so we must never
make it seem like its always this good ;)

the Professional Fxcorrelator Website and associated products and services is coming this year....I wish I was as efficient,organised and skilled as my web designer who has the public part of the site almost ready for me.......so that may be up and active soon

more news when I have it :smart:
N

Last edited:
hey the 5mins are for wimps...heres its big big Brother the 1 hours (y)

signing off
N

hey all

that 1 hour chart held well........and as I said in the attachment above , I though that the aussie boys would take over the selling as the Euro and gbp retraced a little (and they went into their own active trading session)

could all go off again today
N

Attachments

• 1 hours.jpg
    1 hours.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
on the 5 mins we are in trade on 100% correlation yen/usd/Dow (y)

if the CHF also moves with the Yen and USD (as currently) you are in pip heaven

N

Attachments

• 5 mins.jpg
    5 mins.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 113
this "buy yen/usd & sell others" is being supported through all the timeframes including the daily

Higher TF trend following in evidence

N

(y)(y)(y)(y):clap:
hey B

yes it was a good day yesterday.............I am glad that you are doing ok

something tells me that you are a pretty experienced trader though so we must never
make it seem like its always this good ;)

the Professional Fxcorrelator Website and associated products and services is coming this year....I wish I was as efficient,organised and skilled as my web designer who has the public part of the site almost ready for me.......so that may be up and active soon

more news when I have it :smart:
N

thanks i am not experienced trader just started 6 months ago i am just a baby beginner but since i discover the correlator the wonder chart i glue my eyes too it too understand what too do or not too do hahahahaha sometime i make mistake but i learn a lot from it then learn a lot everyday but without will never do has well but if you know how the chart work easy too make 50 pipes a day only on scalping 15 minutes chart but you have too be very quick suit me very well cause i am retired then not bored anymore then fun too do it hes not too make a lot of money just the challenge of it then a 70 years old make my brain working .
thanks a lot again for the wonder work you did on it .

nice 5 min TF pippage on this move selling :-

gbp
eur
cad (yes even cad)
NZD
AUD

pushing 100 Pips in total based on the peak of each move (y)

N

Attachments

• nice nice nice.jpg
    nice nice nice.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 138
(y)(y)(y)(y):clap:

thanks i am not experienced trader just started 6 months ago i am just a baby beginner but since i discover the correlator the wonder chart i glue my eyes too it too understand what too do or not too do hahahahaha sometime i make mistake but i learn a lot from it then learn a lot everyday but without will never do has well but if you know how the chart work easy too make 50 pipes a day only on scalping 15 minutes chart but you have too be very quick suit me very well cause i am retired then not bored anymore then fun too do it hes not too make a lot of money just the challenge of it then a 70 years old make my brain working .
thanks a lot again for the wonder work you did on it .

my pleasure B......my pleasure (y)

N

Hi NVP,

A completely newbie here. Just wondering, can your method be used for swing trading as opposed to scalping, just for us that can be in front of the computer most of the time 'cos of work? Cheers

hey D

Scalping is a little bit of an anomaly really and a hangover from some older videos and titles on other forums

use this 80/20 system on higher Timeframes and you shouldnt have to be glued to the screen (y)

use the 4h or even the daily TF's with apropriate stops

the 4h was signalling a yen/usd buy (dow sell) on 80/20's from 8am yesterday and has delivered over 300 pips on just the G/U and E/U sells alone before any yen trades

N

Attachments

• 4h.jpg
    4h.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Hi NVP,

Newbie to T2W but have been trading on and off since the Freeserve float, and have been spending the last year or so trying to develop a system, but it is proving difficult. The reason I post is, can you please detail your 80/20 system or point me to the relevant post, thanks in advance.

Look forward to the professional site, and the early bird discount for T2W members.

S