Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

hehehehe was too busy today i forget was the 1 of APRIL hahahaha i am getting old maybe too much stressed was too many trade tonight at once couldnt keep up too enter all of them .thanks anywhere.

in my country we have something called April fools day (1st April) where you play pranks on people by lying to them

sorry - no DVDs or Fancy books or holy grails..........its already in you my friend.......you just have to coax it out by learning and practice ;)

N[/QUOTE]

hey all

i'll post tomorrow ...today is a washout and I cannot get near my charts............hope you all got pips

N

well at 8.30 pm what a trade all was long you had too be fast too enter all the trade i make more the 100 pipes in 45 minutes with all major currencies wow
thanks again for the correlator

excellent (y)

sounds like the April fools jokes on me then as I havnt done much this week at all due to work :)

N

Nice end to the week I see........big European play Finale

Attachments

• end of th week.jpg
    end of th week.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 124
And did anyone see the U/J divergence play ?

the USD /CHF was just as impressive a split ......if you decide to classify chf is in the tag team

N

Attachments

• uj divergece.jpg
    uj divergece.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Hey N,

How are you my friend ? I´m gonna try to focus more on your corrie now (I´m still busy, school etc), but I´ll try :cool:

I´m gonna load in here picture of yesterday´s trades based on basic rules of corrie strategy (and you can write your opinion, if it is good, or what you would made differently) , btw my broker is GMT+1

It were "in trend" trades (trend is our friend, right ;)) ... and I have still problems with creating pairs, especially I dont know for sure which currency would be create best pair with tag team. (they have to be on the other side as tag team, right, and what else.. some ideas how to choose the best one ?) :idea:

And what else do you check on pairs before you enter the position, or what exactly is your ultimate signal to enter ?.. TL,SR levels, fibo .. ?
And exit should be when tag team touch the zero line (or currency in pair), in my case US30 crossed MA´s, but tag team were still far away, so I didn´t close it.. I waited for tag team and zero line.. is it ok ? :whistling

Thx a lot, I´m looking forward to your answer Neil :smart:,

Kruspe

Attachments

• FX corrie TRADE 4.jpg
    FX corrie TRADE 4.jpg
    563 KB · Views: 179

the USD /CHF was just as impressive a split ......if you decide to classify chf is in the tag team

N

Yes, easy to spot.
George

Attachments

• t2wd.gif
    t2wd.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 162
Hey N,

How are you my friend ? I´m gonna try to focus more on your corrie now (I´m still busy, school etc), but I´ll try :cool:

I´m gonna load in here picture of yesterday´s trades based on basic rules of corrie strategy (and you can write your opinion, if it is good, or what you would made differently) , btw my broker is GMT+1

It were "in trend" trades (trend is our friend, right ;)) ... and I have still problems with creating pairs, especially I dont know for sure which currency would be create best pair with tag team. (they have to be on the other side as tag team, right, and what else.. some ideas how to choose the best one ?) :idea:

And what else do you check on pairs before you enter the position, or what exactly is your ultimate signal to enter ?.. TL,SR levels, fibo .. ?
And exit should be when tag team touch the zero line (or currency in pair), in my case US30 crossed MA´s, but tag team were still far away, so I didn´t close it.. I waited for tag team and zero line.. is it ok ? :whistling

Kruspe

hey K

nice post and thanks for the question

like all systems you can make this one as complicated or as simple as you like........truth be told, if the market doesnt trend how we want we will still lose money :whistling

my 80/20 corrie is actually much simpler than above re a system ............buy any currency above the 80ma and 20ma Zero and sell any currency that is below

wait for the first bar where it CLOSES in this situation and trade it.....

you could add a higher TF Corrie for confimation (say a 1h 80/20) as well if yuo want

For Stop loss find the last decent S or R level on that pair and use that as the S/L position (resetting your bet per pip accordingly)

then for profits go for the next realistic S/R level on the chart and take money there......OR set a target profit based on a realistic ATR for that pairing over the next 30 mins say .......also moving the trailing stop to any decent S/L that happens during the trade....OR decide if you are going to watch if 1 Currency crosses back to the Zero on the 20ma as a warning to exit ........OR worse still get out if the currencies cross back over on their 20ma's..............enough ?

so thats it .............simple simple simple Strenghtmeter trading system

but naturally thats a lot of trades firing off.......so we still require a little more filtering to get the BEST pair signals ..................right ?

N

Last edited:
to be perfectly honest and with 3 years experience I now feel that there are probably two Teams from which to select your pairings

pick one from team 1 and 1 from team 2 AND NEVER INTERMIX A TEAM TRADE

T1 USD , YEN , CHF , CAD
T2 GBP , EUR , AUD , NZD

sure you can make money trading intra teams..... but I wouldnt risk it ....just me :smart:

so heres the first decision point .........if you only have 1 or 2 combos from above signalling then trade them !

also add some Dow seasoning and ensure that Team 2 member is moving in the same dow direction on its own 80/20 signal

and thats it............see next post

The more team members moving in the same direction the better...thats why I look for the usd and Yen to be moving together and if i'm lucky the CHF as well ..........thats 3 team members driving in the same direction..........how then can at least 1 team 2 member NOT be going in the opposite direction and making you money ?

N

and then last (but not least) a little comment about entering the trades..........

you must either enter the trade as soon as possible , or if you are scared it has gone a little to far already , let it retrace a little using s/r on the pairchart and then re-enter

to start off with I would advise entering ASAP on closing of the bars

then start playing as experience grows

N

Last edited:
Hey N,

Kruspe

hey K

hope this all helps.................so going back to the chart you posted.... my only comment is that if you follow the standard usd/Yen alignment principle notice how the yen trades you show were not the eariest entries as if you can see the yen was ALREADY aligned below the zero on the 80/20 so was already maturing whilst we waited for the usd to arrive.............thats dangerous !!!!

the trade was the USD that was fresh as it arrived and the europeans were available to buy :smart:

N

N

yes i did for god sake you had too be very quick all was moving so fast i had too enter four trade in a minute not too missed then had too watch every minute was incredible was a Friday afternoon in my time thanks again for the genius correlator but my friend you should put a package with more video then make peoples pay for it some guru would make you pay $ 200 for it why give free all your time all your research so much work do you sleep??????????????? anywhere thanks a lot a dont know how too thanks you
best regards
GILBERT

yes i did for god sake you had too be very quick all was moving so fast i had too enter four trade in a minute not too missed then had too watch every minute was incredible was a Friday afternoon in my time thanks again for the genius correlator but my friend you should put a package with more video then make peoples pay for it some guru would make you pay $ 200 for it why give free all your time all your research so much work do you sleep??????????????? anywhere thanks a lot a dont know how too thanks you
best regards
GILBERT

$200 ?

Doesnt even pay my monthly coffee bill !

And sleep is overated.

More tomorrow
NvP

first session of the week is always tentative as everyone wakes up and finds their feet

Yens looking strong on the 5 mins :smart:

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 173