Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

with sleepytime imminent for the Swissie it should quieten down now overnight and we see what the aussie twins will then do

the 1hr chart spread on CHFNZD is at 4.5 bars again now and I have no real established trigger as yet to be honest for you

we have clear S/L levels for each pair (see charts) so I can only offer to enter on price action confirmation of the retrace

or perhaps the CHF and NZD crossing directions on that 20ma on the left ?

N

Attachments

• time to party.jpg
    time to party.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 153
heres the 1 min charts today........

I am going to have a lean old time looking for 4 band divergences !

We missed 2 classic basket trades today on 3.5 bands :sneaky:

although on the 1mins the spreads would kill us ?

N

RTS

Attachments

• 1 mins today.jpg
    1 mins today.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 314
mornin...........

sorry his chart ended up more busy than I wanted ..........:rolleyes:

on the A/N pair the convergence parameters are much tighter bandwise so we need smaller targets and triggers ..........

N

Attachments

• stalking the 1hr.jpg
    stalking the 1hr.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 164
heres the 5 mins

tag finally cracked south at around 5am...........

based on the over-diverged NZD (on higher timeframes as well) perhaps an enforced buy of NZDUSD regardless of tags position was an idea ?

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 136
5 mins now compressed so only divergence plays to go for ............but remember that on higher Timeframes (1 hr) we are certainly looking for the NZD, AUD and CHF to converge so they may (hopefully be the divergent currencies to watch for on the 5min

although the AUD and NZD are nearly asleep............:sleep:

I must talk about timezones

N

Attachments

• 5 mins compressed.jpg
    5 mins compressed.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 139
and if someone can tell me how to code in the "absolute" value of a formula in Metatrader4 I could come up with a nice indicator addition

N

dont worry finally cracked it and the formula is "MathAbs"

no time today to continue research - but this is a fascinating route towards my
Convergence strategies and identifying Volatility in the G8

(its like a Vix for the G8)

N

Last edited:
i'm geting a lot of Cr*p with the "Re" title trying to sell me stock signals

I am assuming its either affiliate driven or the idiot spammes are resetting addresses to keep ahead of the law..........

what kind of dildo would respond and buy into this stuff ??..........jees what a waste of energy all round..their e-mail and my delete finger !

N

slow morning for the Divergence team in the hot seat at present

they bagged a very very nice sell on GBP is you were around earlier
though (y)

N

Attachments

• morning action.jpg
    morning action.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 201
NVP;1449836 - and if someone can tell me how to code in the "absolute" value of a formula in Metatrader4 I could come up with a nice indicator addition

N

dont worry finally cracked it and the formula is "MathAbs"

no time today to continue research - but this is a fascinating route towards my
Convergence strategies and identifying Volatility in the G8

(ive now got the beginnings of a kinda Vix index for the G8)

N

Hi N,

nzd is finally getting stronger (and chf weaker) on higher TF like H4 ...actually I´m +30pips and I´m looking forward to more and more :cool:

K

theres a 2 band gap on E/G by the way...........I'd prefer 2.5 to 3 bands but thats not bad at all

look to trade on the price action confirmation of a convergence

N

Attachments

• decent divergence call .jpg
    decent divergence call .jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 124
Hi N,

nzd is finally getting stronger (and chf weaker) on higher TF like H4 ...actually I´m +30pips and I´m looking forward to more and more :cool:

K

Hi K

looking at my new (and in Testing/Research) G8 Vix index for the 1h that CHFNZD call came off the third highest reading on the vix since last late last year..........

fingers crossed it falls further and that your 2 currencies chose to converge together as part of the move

The G8 vix will open up the potential to take basket (multiple trades) when the Vix is high - banking on a reducing vix generating net pips as all the currencies involved converge (net) towards the Zero

N

Attachments

• new g8 vix index.jpg
    new g8 vix index.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 111
Hi NVP/Ingot
i have added fxcorrelator but cannot understand the exact use of it. can u please tell me exact entry points and exit points .

thanks

Hi NVP/Ingot
i have added fxcorrelator but cannot understand the exact use of it. can u please tell me exact entry points and exit points .

thanks

Hi F

go through the posts identified at the bottom of this message......theres plenty to look at and load (y)

N

Hi NVP/Ingot i have added fxcorrelator but cannot understand the exact use of it. can u please tell me exact entry points and exit points .

thanks

hey thanks for reminding me.............

I hav'nt had a chat with my old mate Ingot54 for a long long time (y)

N

cable is a long here (1.6275).. its a huge level and theres some great correlations here (non- technical)

target 1.6720 high R trade