Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

jees the FF forum makes me laugh...I actually posted the correlation thread there for many weeks but it still has wierd wierd rules and does not like me .......

hahahahaha

N

Attachments

• FF fun.jpg
    FF fun.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 132
will hopefully finish Dreamliners correlation thread tonight..........jees its given me a fresh breath of life and encouraged me to dig out my stuff on convergence plays again

N

Need help to put some order in my brain.

When I see USD and JPY breaking above 0 (moving UP), that is a BUY signal to the USD (or JPY) against another currency.
That is a signal for:
BUY: USDCAD, and USDCHF (currency pairs STARTING with USD)
SELL: all the other pairs (currency pairs ENDING with USD or JPY)

Did I get it right or is it backwards?

My brain usually gets stuck in the most stupidest places and i can't get it moving again.

hey all

mornin..:sleep:

heres overnights....some pips possibly coming buying tag team

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 176
Need help to put some order in my brain.

When I see USD and JPY breaking above 0 (moving UP), that is a BUY signal to the USD (or JPY) against another currency.
100% Correct

That is a signal for:

BUY: USDCAD, and USDCHF (currency pairs STARTING with USD)
Correct (as long as the CHF or cad are other side of the zero to the usd)

SELL: all the other pairs (currency pairs ENDING with USD or JPY)
100% Correct

Did I get it right or is it backwards?

My brain usually gets stuck in the most stupidest places and i can't get it moving again.
Join the club...........24 hours a day I wonder what is going on :p

Hi H,

see above in red :smart:

N

jees .................

action stations ...........scramble scramble scramble :clap:

N

Attachments

• 5 mins game on.jpg
    5 mins game on.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 151
been nice moves down for tag and still hanging in there.............

the tag team have been south on the 80 ma and the 20ma since 6.40am gmt......

hope youve enjoyed the pips
N

Attachments

• nice pips.jpg
    nice pips.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 124
cad says dont forget him.............:whistling

jees....
N

Attachments

• cad sulks.jpg
    cad sulks.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 129
interestingly thats now a very decent dicevergence play on the cad vs the tag team if you follow convergence plays

but I need to get my convergence stuff back on the road...............and I think you will all like it a lot ............... need a programmer though

N

will hopefully finish Dreamliners correlation thread tonight..........jees its given me a fresh breath of life and encouraged me to dig out my stuff on convergence plays again

N

Hi NVP,

do you mean this thread "Hedge and Correlation Strategy" ,right ?.. I´m checking that thread 2 or 3 months.. so I´m really in this kind of strategies (that´s the reason why I´m still searching convergence strategies)

I also checked your convergence picture (2 or 3 pages back), and you´re right.. I like that :smart:

Kruspe

Hey all

I love Captain Currency and he sends me update messages that are available to anyone who wants them - go to his thread to understand his 3 duck approach

heres his current selections (in blue)....usually the pending signal means he likes the 4h(60ma) and 1h(60ma) signals and is just waiting for the 5min(60ma) to kick in with confirming price action

lets see if his usd pairs are aligned to my 4hour 80ma/20ma chart signals (See attached)....the 4h 80/20 may be a little slower than the Caps signals ..........you could always use the 1hr version of the 80ma/20ma but I fear that would be a little faster than caps signals.......my 80/20 system is always going to have some timing differences but when they both signal a trade thats comforting !

Eur.Usd – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.
yep - we just need the tag team to fall below the 20ma (y)

Gbp.Usd – I would be looking for buying opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.
yep - we just need the tag team to fall below the 20ma (y)

Usd.Chf - I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.
yep - we just need the tag team to fall below the 20ma (remember this is buy CHF/USD really (y)

Aud.Usd – I would be looking for selling opportunities when my 3 ducks line up.
yep - this trade would already be on if the tag team were above the zero on the 80ma 4hr (and ditto for that lovely falling NZD) (y)

Usd.Cad – Another 50/50 currency pair at the moment so a wait and see approach for me. (I think USDCAD will be only convergence plays for me in future)

Usd.Jpy – I would prefer to be looking for buying opportunities if/when my 3 ducks line up - I dont trade this pair much as you all know

not bad then......and did you see the stonking sells on tag thru 17th-21st of feb below ?
N

Attachments

• 4 hour 80 20 corrie.jpg
    4 hour 80 20 corrie.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Hi NVP,

do you mean this thread "Hedge and Correlation Strategy" ,right ?.. I´m checking that thread 2 or 3 months.. so I´m really in this kind of strategies (that´s the reason why I´m still searching convergence strategies)

I also checked your convergence picture (2 or 3 pages back), and you´re right.. I like that :smart:

Kruspe

yep thats the one..its facinating isnt it and I loved your comment about resizing the lots

I am still not allowed to post on FF (??) but do have a few questions that I hope will be of interest to the Dreamliner group that I will post when I can

meanwhile I have a new programmer helping me now and we may be able to load some interesting convergence stuff on here shortly assuming we can get something of use out of the prototypes and we agree to share some of it for free

N

meanwhile the divergence plays are on again re 5 mins (y)

Attachments

• clobbering time.jpg
    clobbering time.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 132
and I know some of you are trading the 1min 80/20..........jees :eek:

scary but profitable at times like now :smart:
N

Attachments

• 1 minute bonkers.jpg
    1 minute bonkers.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 105
and look......whos been neglecting the touchdownometers ?? :clap::party::cheers:

N

Attachments

• touchdowns.jpg
    touchdowns.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 114
interestingly thats now a very decent dicevergence play on the cad vs the tag team if you follow convergence plays

dicevergence?

Is that when divergence depends on the roll of the dice? hehe