Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

yep thats the one..its facinating isnt it and I loved your comment about resizing the lots

I am still not allowed to post on FF (??) but do have a few questions that I hope will be of interest to the Dreamliner group that I will post when I can

meanwhile I have a new programmer helping me now and we may be able to load some interesting convergence stuff on here shortly assuming we can get something of use out of the prototypes and we agree to share some of it for free

N

Hey N,

I can´t wait to some convergence stuff from you (and your team) :cool: ... also I´m looking forward to your comments on FF (I don´t get why you´re not allowed to post).. you have already there your own thread, right, so what´s their problem ? Nevermind, I´ll check it continuously, as usually :smart:

Kruspe

2 more touchdowns

solid progress was made by the CAD and the Euro on this pushes

no drama or 100 yard sprints (like Yen or the GBP do sometimes)

just grinding progress inch by inch :clap:

N

Attachments

• touchdowns.jpg
    touchdowns.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Hey N,

I can´t wait to some convergence stuff from you (and your team) :cool: ... also I´m looking forward to your comments on FF (I don´t get why you´re not allowed to post).. you have already there your own thread, right, so what´s their problem ? Nevermind, I´ll check it continuously, as usually :smart:

Kruspe

i'm too damn hot and groovy for them baby .......Yeah man :clap:

N

Attachments

• groovy.jpg
    groovy.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 579
now If I were making divergence calls............

(you are not yet ready NVP you crazy fool - stop him stop him !! :mad: )

I would say that the CAD has diverged well over decent levels against the USD and JPY and is well worth a retrace trade after some price action confirmation that its coming back inside the touchdown line

its not at maximum diveregence levels but the touchdown extention of Cad is influencing me to call it

0.9947 then.....lets see if we can get say 20 pips out of this retracing vs a 20 pip stop loss

game on !!

(jees hes said it now !!! :cry:)
N

Attachments

• cad bet on .jpg
    cad bet on .jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
2 more touchdowns

solid progress was made by the CAD and the Euro on this pushes

no drama or 100 yard sprints (like Yen or the GBP do sometimes)

just grinding progress inch by inch :clap:

N

Yeah, today´s "buy EUR/CAD" made my day (+70 pips now) (y)

jees what a tease....clear 10 pips on the table so do i take ?

Attachments

• tease.jpg
    tease.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 102
Naaah - that'll do......possibly more there but I have to dial into a meeting

most threads talk about backtesting profitability and show historic trades and great moves from the past

I do it right in your face :smart:

later all
N

Attachments

• taken.jpg
    taken.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 127
Naaah - that'll do......possibly more there but I have to dial into a meeting

most threads talk about backtesting profitability and show historic trades and great moves from the past

I do it right in your face :smart:

later all
N

Exactly mr.NVP (y)

.. would be also possible to see your trading report of your account history ? I´d like to see what pairs, what time etc. you made in one summary together. It would be very helpfull for me because of deeper analysing of your trading skills :whistling

Thx Kruspe

Exactly mr.NVP (y)

.. would be also possible to see your trading report of your account history ? I´d like to see what pairs, what time etc. you made in one summary together. It would be very helpfull for me because of deeper analysing of your trading skills :whistling

Thx Kruspe

hey K

its a car wreck as I do a lot of demo stuff thats not discussed on this thread and its invariably all major losses and I dont bother to close much out to be honest

I am trying to get some more discipline into this (not my strength ) and segregate the multiple strategies I try so that I can be more structured

watch this space - my main stuff is on this thread and I suspect theres quite a few people out there who could backtest the core (80/20) strategy to identify if aligned tags and opposing G6's makes money

Adamus is a dude who appears here sometimes and I know hes a numbers/backtesting man !

later all.......knackered after a heavy 2 hour TC with my US colleagues so going home
N

Exactly mr.NVP (y)

Thx Kruspe

Skills ?............hahahahahahaha :LOL:

N

NVP, ok.. I acctept it

actually it does make sense to me.. my demo accounts are full of various strategies and trades.. sometimes it´s really messy also for me :cheesy:

NVP, ok.. I acctept it

actually it does make sense to me.. my demo accounts are full of various strategies and trades.. sometimes it´s really messy also for me :cheesy:

yep yep yep - not to mention I dump all my gold and oil calls in there as well...........:cry:

overnights were ok actually and read the attachment below............

I get asked about this partial alignment decision a lot on PM's........

its a tricky one and a classic trading dilemma as all systems have signals that are 80% right but not 100% :smart:

at around 5am we had :-

FXCorrelator 5min 80ma ..........yen north , USD South

FXCorrelator 5min 20ma ..........yen north and USD North

DOW 30 80ma and 20ma ...............both south

thats 5 out of six confirmed..............

at 6am they all aligned but hey...............you missed a few pips on a GBP (and a CAD possibly) sell

your money, your call.......

N

Attachments

• overights.jpg
    overights.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 120
I have not read this yet but tom is good for a read and a watch .....

the FXcorrelator set on a 500ma delta 1 is pretty close to this dude ...1 min is probably what Tom is running here as its happening fast

I do have versions of the Corrie that can monitor S/R breaches (and many other tricks) but they are all currently locked into cofidentiality agrements with programmers - so sorry

but cmon if you are scalping you dont need an alert...just add some lines to your corrie and watch them !!! .........you all can also add your own bar lnes for stength readings as well...just eyeball the history for big highs and lows and set some interim bars for analysing movements

(see attachment)

Hi everyone.

Today's first movie in the "Professional Trader" series is ready to be viewed. Let me know if you want me to address anything. Since these movies are large, it will take much longer to edit and upload so expect them to arrive in the early afternoon each day this week. Every time a part is finished, I will send a message through this newsletter letting you know. You should bookmark the screencast page where the collection will be kept. The movie is about forty minutes and can be streamed or viewed.

The link is here: http://www.screencast.com/t/4XevbMtf5v5

Attachments

• trendlines.jpg
    trendlines.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
hey all - hope yuor enjoying the tag rises at present ?

some nice g6 sells..............euro and gbp are kicking butt....!!!

gravys still there...........i'm following down to the 1 min 80/20 corrie's now to get clairity

the Euro is having a very very painul session......sell sell sell