Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

if it closes above the 20ma go above that new breach line i've set.....

jees I cant go on like this ..see instructions !!!!

Attachments

• reset .jpg
    reset .jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 136
in trade.............use 10-15 pips here as a stop loss

Frankly its a horrendous 40 pips S/L if you are being safe and frankly to much now to be deemed a decent risk reward trade

but I wanted to play during my lunch hour and help our corrie guinea pig Stealthtrading :smart:

N

Attachments

• in trade.jpg
    in trade.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 140
it may also have not escaped your notice that the final entry point was 15pips higher on the G/U then when I first started sniffing.........jees thats worrying !!!

N

ok gotta go

a few pips there and i even gave the damn trade a 15 pip start........

sometimes the magic works ...........

SEE IT TRADE IT

later - lunchtime over :smart:
N

Attachments

• jees i'm good.jpg
    jees i'm good.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
and as I go .......

heres why you really always need to be watching the whole market on your corries

we sweat blood on the G/U and the E/U trades like a dream :rolleyes:

N

Attachments

• eu rocks.jpg
    eu rocks.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 130
jees but the europeans are strong...and dow is rising still....nice !

i've got to go.........

let us all know how things are going StealthTrader and we can talk about the nuts and bolts here of real trading and what issues you are seeing

later
N

nice moves still on the Europeans ......g/u above my scalp level now and rising ........

Excellent run down. I was on EU for that move then came here to find your 300 post update :)

did you manage to eat any lunch?

Thanks for everything, you really should have your own trading room and quit the day job!

D

Excellent run down. I was on EU for that move then came here to find your 300 post update :)

Thanks for everything, you really should have your own trading room and quit the day job!

D

hey D

if you bagged the E/U then take the rest of the day off......(y)

N

D

c'mmon - whos gonna say it folks !!! :p

N

Attachments

• th man.jpg
    th man.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 120
Hey P

No worries if anyone wants to do it for me............due to the nature of the indicator the results are actually not that different to be honest

why are you asking as I may be able to suggest another approach ?

N

I was thinking that if price was being Bullish and approaching a resistance and we could set the Correlator to applied to the "Highs" we could know if the resistance would hold? Or have the option of turning it into a "Super-Correlator Momentum Indicator" kinda like stochastics.:) Wheres the guy who coded this thing? Is it hard to code mt4 indicators?

I was thinking that if price was being Bullish and approaching a resistance and we could set the Correlator to applied to the "Highs" we could know if the resistance would hold? Or have the option of turning it into a "Super-Correlator Momentum Indicator" kinda like stochastics.:) Wheres the guy who coded this thing? Is it hard to code mt4 indicators?

hey P

I created my original FXcorrelator you see here at the thread based on combining some ideas from older Strengthmeters I had seen available in the forex cosmos (all Free from other traders and programmers) ......shes a mongrel thats for sure but a loyal and trusty one (y)

i'm no programmer and it was a painful process

the stuff you have seen recently here (the Triple arrow corrie) was coded by a genius called Djenky who has moved on and also theres stuff here from Till another genius programmer and also Rravic who blew my mind on some private indicators and other work ........

these guys are very busy and do their own things - but I was very grateful for anything we exchanged both publically here and actually a lot more privately

in truth I see what you are trying to achieve but the FXcorrelator is quite a clumbsy tool as it has to manage 8 currencies and the subtleties you are seeking would be lost in translation on the indicator and also the stability of the platforms we work on .....

if you are seeking momentum plays then why not experiment with changing the Delta setting on your favourite ma settings ?......remember Macd's are only glorified multiple MA's where the variance in the distances between the mas are shown as a seperate line

i'll explain further if required but flex the Delta setting to see what i mean.......its as good as anything to show momentum on the currencies :smart:

N

hey all

just a sign in here then off home............our head honchos finally despatched as happy bunnies so next week will be better

looking at last few hours that Euro is a present that just keeps on giving !
(umm....and the Swissie and the AUD more recently)

I :love: the Corrie

until tomorrow :smart:
N

Attachments

• easy money.jpg
    easy money.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 124
Here's that Euro move from my perspective. In hindsight, I think it should, after all, have been trade-able if you were reasonably nimble on your feet, in spite of being at least partly news-driven (rate hike talk from the ECB apparently). As far as I can see, € strength started growing in earnest from around 12.15 GMT. Initially, the $ was increasing with it, but from ~12:30 GMT, the $ fell, and the €/$ pair took off skywards. It took a lunch-break 13.20 - 14:30 or so (these Europeans...), and then back for another do.

On offer: at least 60 pips, depending on how you played it, with an optional extra 30-40.

Note that price-chart times are CET (GMT+1) on this platform (SLM).

Sadly, a lot of my time and attention was taken up by a very sick and ageing pussy cat (19 if he's a day). Don't mind missing the trades, but I will miss the pussy-cat when the time comes :-(

Attachments

• 18feb2011_1749_eurusd_5m.gif
    18feb2011_1749_eurusd_5m.gif
    28.7 KB · Views: 151
Touchdown CAD..............:clap::cheers: :party:

I would not have been trading it though...tell me why please

God ive missed this video....its the jackson 5

N

Attachments

• touchdown cad.jpg
    touchdown cad.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
jees the europeans continue to destroy the tag team........

with cad so strong south (supporting the tag sells) it provides more pippage to the currencies going north......as (altogether now)

Its a Zero sum game

N

hey M....

Sorry to hear about the Puss.......I love animals but we have none at the moment due to both working silly hours

broke my heart a few years ago when i had an adopted moggy put down :(

stil a good inings though jees.....thats about 130 in human years

N