Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Hi N,

Sneaked back into my study to see what was happening and saw a few opportunities on G/U that I would have had a go at, but because I'm not trading this afternoon..... Rules is rules for me!

This definitely was a tough afternoon session and a bit of steam looks like its blown off recently, but prior to that it was the dreaded chop monster in control. Tomorrow for me is an absolute morning session only and will end by 11:00 plus yet again half stakes if any trades come out to play with tight stops etc - case of keep your friends close, your enemies closer and your SLs so close you trip over them constantly!

Just been trying on that Karen Brady dress you "kindly" sent over and it dont fit, well not as well as it should as I've lost weight with this trading thingy lately..... But I do soooo like it! Yikes, whats happening? Just goes to show what boredom through no trading can drive someone to do.

Tread carefully tomorrow and trade well - regards,
Simon.

Hi Simon

well I see an incredibly popular "Naked Trader" thread here ....(envy envy :eek:)....so why dont you start a "Cross dressing Trader" Thread ? :eek:

until the morning.......
N

More tweaks.....

Hi all

Quiet night and no real action so far today.........

the corrie and its derivatives are suitable for all Timeframes and whatever type of Trading rocks your boat....

Since the major theme currently here is scalping (which allows me to comment and post as frequently as I like) then I have tweaked the elevators a little more to assist this methodology......

ELEVATORS - New Settings :-

Elevator 1 = 60/2 Corrie on 1min :)cry:)
Elevator 2 = 60/1 Corrie on 5m (samo)
Elevator 3 = 60/1 Corrie in 30m (samo)

Bye bye to the 4 hour in this setup now........:(

I would love :love: someone to step in and keep an eye on the longer TF's for me here ....it works even better than the scalping but (apart from a little weekly updates) is of no interest to me at this part of my learning curve....

any offers ? :smart:

INDEX CORRIE
ive now got 2 index corries on the chart (1m+5m) to assist those all important market plays (TAGTEAM + Gold, Oil , S&P30, FTSE100,DAX) which tells us when the market is moving above or below its 20MA's

lets rock and roll.....JRP keeps talking about Non Farm Payrolls today in the US....now how could that have anything to do with the glogal currency markets ....what is he like ?.... ;)

N

FRIDAY 4th DECEMBER - UPDATE

morning...............

quiet start and first action just happening this morning....(see below)

nice and confluent as well so encouraging (y)

Tag went South , Europair went north - and gold and the S&P30 (Gray) went north on the index corrie.....these are the only 2 markets with live feeds (at moment...S&P30 is a futures 24/7) so I ignore the rest till they come on stream.....

30m on the right giving nothing away at the moment.....USD was virtually on its high for the week earlier today (since monday) so (anticipated?) bad NFP's could send her south till release....

Play ball.........:cool:

N

Attachments

• Friday action.jpg
    Friday action.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 150
Those directions are reconfirming already !!! (y)

Dax (blue) just came online pumping upwards after falling yesterday evening

10ish cheeky pips on the G/U before spreads....

N

Attachments

• Nice Friday !.jpg
    Nice Friday !.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Chilly drive to work............!

look at the GBP's performance this morning (y)

50+ pips on the G/U since my 7am Scalp call earlier ...and GBP cose to dominating the Elevators in top half....(now thats strong !)

ive put a red horizontal on the far right 30m chart....thats the high for GBP this week
will it happen ?

N

Attachments

• 9am friday 4th.jpg
    9am friday 4th.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 145
going fast...........

for those pm'ing me.....the corries metatrader files for downloading are on

PAGE 64 - post #505 here in this thread

N

hey I just noticed ....i'm a veteran member ! :cry:

must be 500 posts....as surely not based on the quality of them :LOL:

N

Last edited:
No FT No comment ....

I get the FT onlive updates and news....

this kinda quote always sounds great and suitably FT'ish...wonderful for those cocktail parties and power dinners you attend once youve made the mistake of mentioning that you are interested in the financial markets .......(so my advice is dont do it) :rolleyes:

What really confuses me as a keen researcher and observer of correlation in the markets
is the Chicken and egg question forever linked to this.....

does the Tag move because of market pressure or vice versa..?? :confused:

N

Attachments

• FT no comment.jpg
    FT no comment.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 150
WEEKS higgs and lows......

heres the 30m with all the lines on.....cant be arsed with euro as its boring

GBP slowing ?

N

Attachments

• friday 9 15am.jpg
    friday 9 15am.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 172
Yep...Gbp turning and the markets getting down south...could be a Scalp coming....

also remember Euro has already been weak so far.....so in theory it could be the better sell if Tag go up....

Attachments

• scalp GBP sell.jpg
    scalp GBP sell.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 143
Trade on........but selling into a "00" price ?? :eek:

N

Attachments

• trad on .jpg
    trad on .jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 152
yeah yeah hinndsight is great...........

selling into a 00 price and a bloody bullish pinbar on the G/U....

I'm a novice.....gimme a break :whistling

its still not looking bad though to get in again ........

N

Attachments

• going going gone.jpg
    going going gone.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 178
tooo choppy and i'm not learning from my index charters that are all over the place
and not in confluence with each other at all..........

later dudes
N

Attachments

• walk away NVP.jpg
    walk away NVP.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 174
Jees....can you believe this stuff............you'd get cut to ribbons out there !!

N

markets dumping so looks like we are finally getting some sell Euro pair signals...?

JESUS its volatile !!

choppy choppy.......

Attachments

• choppy choppy.jpg
    choppy choppy.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 177