Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Watch out for The Bernank speech and questions from 15:00 GMT (10:00 EST).

(Good trade numbers from Germany, and bad ones from the UK this morning didn't seem to have a significant effect, as far as I could judge.)

BTW, perhaps I should point out that, tradingwise, I have been concentrating on 5M time-frame of late (quite different from my style for most of my 2010 trading period - started looking at lower TF's towards the end of it).

This probably skews my attitude to the Dow Rule (Guideline), somewhat.

hmmmm

on 5mins - gbp is having a pants afternoon so far and screwing up my correlations by keeping tag north :mad:

euro's having a good one though (so far) and we would have made a lot of money buying it inot tag team if GBP had not been so damn weak.......

sure blah blah Buy E/G trade .....but I dont so that one

N

buying E/U is tempting ...........but i'm looking at some faster 5min settings

let it breach recent highs

N

cheeky bugger Cad has arrived and pushed in front of the euro ......HEY !!!

hey all

heres a piece i really like from the boys from the black Swan
(no ballet action here just yet :p)

I have spent 30 years of my professional life (primarily as a Commercial/Financial Analyst) either crunching/manipulating numbers or interpreting information from someone else who has done the same (and is probably better at it than me :whistling)

and I can tell you (unsurprisingly) that 2+2 sometimes does not equal 4 :rolleyes:

almost all statistics are spewed out to support the aims of the party involved creating them........and once the numbers conform to the job in hand the work stops

for example - Southern Network Railways 2010 punctuality performance (to avoid massive fines) had to be above 82.4% or something......and it came out (eventually) at 82.43 or something ludicrously similar .....spare me :p

China Statistics are no different so dont believe a word :smart:

N

Attachments

• black swan China stats.pdf
    853.3 KB · Views: 280
Euro has been at this high level twice in last 24 hours but not delivered the final drive to touchdown glory............perhaps a (non) rousing US speech will help ? :whistling

N

cmon euro

Attachments

• touchdown.jpg
    touchdown.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 141
heres action since lunch

Amazing what a little pure correlation can achieve (y)

always worth waiting for.....(but I never wait :whistling)

N

still no touchdown for euro though.......

Attachments

• at last.jpg
    at last.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 133
although undeterred the Euro came back for 1 more epic push
and made it ..............well done (y)

Attachments

• touchdown.jpg
    touchdown.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 112
watch that A/U as a buy...............just need the yen to fall south a little

Note - this is just an observation across about 4 TF's and 3 million multiple ma's I use privately

stick to the 5min 80ma / 20ma tag crossovers to be safe in your trades !!

n

A/U at 1.0111 is right on the trade line......c,mon dow hold north

nope hold your fire....inevitable test of the aussie D's rapid retrace north now.....

thoughts running through my mind ?

"set a time limit for a trade signal.....if it freezes or doesnt happen - walk away"

N

correlation breaking up on 5min lower ma's for the tag team so no trade ----stand down

n