Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

yeooch ..........the gbp just retraced hard......trading the gbp needs asbestos gloves

AUD is holding .....c'mon
N

hmmm tag retracing south off of a falling dow.....messy messy messy

buying E/U is tempting ..........but we need to ignore most rules we play by

G/U sell is back in the chair (1.6095 ish).....c'mon dow FALL !!!!

if dow moves above 12150 you are dead and get out ........However the stop will be hit as this happens so you wont get the opportuity to bail - you have been warned.....

dammit ..gotta go ............rules hold above

good trading
N

Hello coleration traders :cool:

I got some time and i want post one chat.I have Cable trade currenlty +100 pips and trade is at at be,expext GBP to test very good projection :)

I was bery busy these week but i am here :)

Cheers

Petar

Attachments

• expext.gif
    expext.gif
    33.5 KB · Views: 119
Hello coleration traders :cool:

I got some time and i want post one chat.I have Cable trade currenlty +100 pips and trade is at at be,expext GBP to test very good projection :)

I was bery busy these week but i am here :)

Cheers

Petar

hey Petar....welcome back (y)

interestingly i'm calling a reversal trade on the same current information (Sell Tag team) see here.........i'm not saying that GBP wont dump ...i'm just saying I predict the tag to as well leaving minimal pippage on that combo.....

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...g-basic-ideas-strategies-718.html#post1417852

lets see what happens !
N

and before anyone comments i've just reloaded my charts and seen the latest on the 1 hrs

ouch...............nice tag correlation......but they went up despite the dow still climbing fast

nice call from Petar and he whipped my sorry assssss :cry:

N

Attachments

• ass whipped .jpg
    ass whipped .jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 103
Ironically i've also just realised that I was calling a G/U sell (like Petar)on the 5 mins before i dissapeared to meetings........

the very very tight S/L got brushed (but not before 10 pips or so were delivered)

then if you ignored the Dow and simply took buy tag signals and sell G6 on the 5mins there were easily
50 pips+ on that G/U trade that followed...........

hey - i'm right on the 5mins and wrong on the 1hr !!!

(now run away NVP.....they may have bought the story)..... jees :rolleyes:
N

Attachments

• ignore the dow .jpg
    ignore the dow .jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 87
hey all

been a long day in the ole cotton fields at work so callin it a day now.....

here was the action (or lack of it if you were a purist signal
corrie fan (n) ) - see chart attached

if the guys dont play nicely I may junk the Dow / Tag corrleation rules

hey....they're more Guidelines than a code really :cheesy:

N

Attachments

• pm action.jpg
    pm action.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 143
hey all

slooooooowish overnights.......could be a good london session then (y)

N

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 97
slow at the moment on 5mins..........nice cheeky buy on GBP around 8.20am when tag/dow Correlated and at this moment the Aussie D is falling (with the dow) but We need the tag to go north really.....

N

heres the touchdown scores for last few days.........

GBP scored 1 yesterday and flat today so far

as I discussed last week and as Tom Yeoman also preaches.....those touchdowns have a habit off retracing nicely as they are over sold/bought vs other G7

dont count on it though as all this stuff is stilll Fuzzymentals (thks M (y))

personally (unless I saw my other core correlations aligned) I wouldnt retrace trade these touchdown currencies on the fact that they are JUST overbought or oversold.....the markets are just tooo tricky for that kind of simple logic

All I would use it for is a signal to tighten stops as the currency is in a Zone it will not sustain for a long period......(especially the volaitle dudes like GBP,CAD and Yen).......thats it

even on the example below see how the Euro and the Aussie D "Hang" whereas the dudes above mentioned (GBP and CAD) are like lightening strikes in and out :smart:

N

Attachments

• touchdowns.jpg
    touchdowns.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
damn shame on the 80ma / 20ma settings

the AussieD has had a recent sweet sweet Sell session on the A/U (with a falling Dow) but the yen has stayed south preventing a pure corrie signal

in fact it flicked sweet around 7.45 and would have killed you on the retrace....so nothings perfect !

DAMN !!!!

N

Attachments

• aussie denied .jpg
    aussie denied .jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
the yen is very weak this morning..........beware a retracing/rising Dow as it will really dump then