Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

here we go again..................go baby go !

see how my yen and USD (tag) arrows are north and the euro arrows are south
on the revised and faster 5min 80,20 and 5 settings here ?

CHF is triple arrow north as well supporting the TAG team .....beeeutiful correlations

N

Attachments

• euro sells.jpg
    euro sells.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 191
if you were targeting 1.61 for a G/U sell the retrace test is coming right now......

N

that USD is provign really difficult and tricky today.......dammit

Euro is really really trying to push further south....but with the bl**dy USD looking south as well now its no deal

jees.......
N

dows heading south for 12100.......c'mon Usd turn north

E/J sell is much better hold/bet
N

Attachments

• ej sells.jpg
    ej sells.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 103
gbp is being a complete tart today................jees she's feisty

N

big dow drive up ...tighten any stops if you are selling the G6

the power push up by Dow made a potential for the 3 commdolls to look hot to trot north........

but no...as the tag team fold south nicely we are sitting on our hands as the europeans retrace.........

jees
N

heres a lovely pinbar on those standard pairchart thingies :rolleyes:

you see to me i'm only seeing a small part of the jigsaw so this means nothing to me anymore :eek:

N

Attachments

• nice pinbar.jpg
    nice pinbar.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 126
see......a rising dow and falling Tag overpowers puny pinbars !!! :smart:

Attachments

• retracing.jpg
    retracing.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 118
Euro has finally arrived at the party and retraced into a new trend north

if dow holds/rises and the tag stay south this could really fly some more.....although euros come a long way already on that retrace .....jees !!!

N

gbp hasnt travelled so far north to this point....so could be the best bet to fly now......

neil, is there an alert version of the correlator?

an alert would be good in the following scenario....

currency crossing, so for instance GU.... (GBP>USD) (i have this already but get an alert every tick, will need a hand to get it so it only alerts once)

if ( AlertMode == 2 )
{
if (GBP>USD)
{
Message = "CORRELATOR PAIR CROSSED: "+Symbol()+" M"+Period()+": Signal for BUY";
if ( AlertMode == 2 ) Alert (Message);

im also trying to think of a way that an ea would only read the change and not every read as it would constantly try to sell if the last signal is sell

i think the dows gonna tank......

look to sell your favourite G6 against the usd

tag are tight so let the guys align on the 80/20mas 5mins first before commiting to a G6

gbp sell has the credentials ........c'mon all align

let it breach the 00 I suppose to be ultra cautious

hey all

heres the days action............some nice sells on the tag team

N

Attachments

• days action.jpg
    days action.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
neil, is there an alert version of the correlator?

an alert would be good in the following scenario....

currency crossing, so for instance GU.... (GBP>USD) (i have this already but get an alert every tick, will need a hand to get it so it only alerts once)

if ( AlertMode == 2 )
{
if (GBP>USD)
{
Message = "CORRELATOR PAIR CROSSED: "+Symbol()+" M"+Period()+": Signal for BUY";
if ( AlertMode == 2 ) Alert (Message);

im also trying to think of a way that an ea would only read the change and not every read as it would constantly try to sell if the last signal is sell

hey francis

I do have some but they are based on arrangements with the programmers re private usage and development.............which suits me as I got some nice indicators which I probably would not have (being a programming gorilla)

feel free to play with the published corries and send me anything that works for you - or post it here if youre happy to share (as djenky did for the triple arrow version) :smart:

N