Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

sells on the E/U earlier on the scalper.............

you would have needed to just take 3 out of the 4 sell tag signals recently (ignoring the yen on the 80ma top chart) to get into that aussie D move

your money your call - it was supported by a sell on CHF so that helps

your money your call :smart:

N

Attachments

• scaper.jpg
    scaper.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 153
that earlier Triple arrow corrie call on G/U never connected or breached to confirm entry

this baby flicked on at around 8.15am this morning...........again slowly does it and I'm envisaging the Tag are gonna pull north soon for a while unfortunately so it could be game up

heart wrenching pull back as the signal activated......thats why you need deep stops for this baby (hey remember its a 4h/1h/15m system - and not a scalper :smart:)

time will tell
N

Attachments

• triple arrow.jpg
    triple arrow.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 127
G/U sell is knocking on the door....let dow futures fall below 11730 to be safe and let the G/U breach 1.5615 say - target 1 is the 00

ideally i'd like the yen and dollar north on the 20ma and at least one of them above on the 80ma

again this is a non standard call by me.......(heaven help us :eek:)

See how far ahead I am setting this up ?........practice gives you ability to do this

N

Attachments

• trigger.jpg
    trigger.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 121
here she comes (y)

buckle up

Attachments

• trade coming .jpg
    trade coming .jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 118
absolute lightning.....wanna see it again ? :p

Attachments

• jees that was fast .jpg
    jees that was fast .jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 143
ok gotta go as work calling................

one day i'll write this stuff down but believe me most of my stuff is the basic rules I talk about all the time

the rest is practice practice practice

N

I realy like the way this is setting up now on the 5mins .......dow should fall and swissie is leading the northerly trek alongside the tag team

looks like the Euro and the GBP are in for a rough morning now - get in below the 00's

N

unusually good lunchtime session..........yum yum

see how taking 3 out of 4 of the tag (both must align on the 20ma) can be risky but rewarding as an early entry long as dow is in (negative) correlation ?

Note - ideally you need to be trading the tag partner that is aligned on both the 20ma and the 80ma not the one just signalling on the 20ma

and then when it went 4 from 4 later on.....boy the Euro and GBP buys were beautiful (y)

see also how at the end we have 6 currencies south on the 20ma ?...........that means the 2 above are flying with turbochargers :clap:

nice ! :smart:
NVP

Attachments

• 1pm funtime.jpg
    1pm funtime.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
and heres the warning flag re closure of those positions :smart:

Attachments

• warning.jpg
    warning.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 108
thats a post from the distant past my friend....good luck reading the thread .....there a lot in the history here :p

Well, actually. I am studying ICMA now and have been trading currencies for 2 years. I just know this website a few days ago, so that is the reason I replied it so late. until now I still trade regardless of correction, although I know correlation stuff. I am really interested in it and I think there is a way to conduct some quantitative analysis instead of qualitative analysis by that, reducing risks without hurt earnings.

thats a post from the distant past my friend....good luck reading the thread .....there a lot in the history here :p

I am trying to do some regressions for that by using statistics from bloomberg. Probably that would be my future dissertation. But I am not sure.