Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

right I gotta go

the Euro is fnally stalling.............as an nice 50/1 outsider I wouldnt mind putting it down for a decent retrace south now

N

hey all

Alongside the corrie fun I am still active in developing other Trading systems

I've asked my main programming dude Ravic to see if hes interested in an idea of mine that has been bouncing around now for a few years in my head and needs to be created (it should work in any market/environment)

If he is otherwise engaged at present on other systems....can people let me know whos out there and willing to work with me for programming a MT4 based indicator :smart:

cheers
N

on the 5mins the tag team are still strong off of a now rising Dow............not perfect conditions and i'd be happier If the dow dumped a little again to confirm trades

that A/U sell is still ticking along and AUD looks value now for a sell after a recent retrace

N

Last edited:
right I gotta go

the Euro is fnally stalling.............as an nice 50/1 outsider I wouldnt mind putting it down for a decent retrace south now

N

sorry I called the Euro fall a little early .........:whistling

its moving down nicely now on the 5mins and a falling dow would put it in the frame to sell against USD (unless you're already in that you impatient bunch ! :p)

N

Attachments

• euro sells coming .jpg
    euro sells coming .jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 121
in fact looks like the Euro and the GBP are now taking over firmly from the Commdolls re sells

as dow now dumps (??) this is as good asd it gets re selling GBP and Euro into the usd

lunchtime is a messy period though......and that G/U is right on the 1.55 so perhaps let is get below a little before reconfirming the sell and let the Dow30 on 5min TF breach its 80,50 and 20 SMA's

N

yens solid gone....................E/J would have been a better call NVP

mornin all........

Aussie D hammered overnight.........(NZD in a lesser fashion)

news for me is that the usd and yen are staying very very strong in the face of a strong overnight Dow

if dow weakens the tag should follow through north even more.....:smart:

N

Attachments

• tag strong .jpg
    tag strong .jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 127
thumping trades on my simpler 5min system (See detail on post #5111)

use the dow30 (in opposite direction) above/below its 80 and 20 sma's to confirm the moves

N

Attachments

• 5 min trades.jpg
    5 min trades.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 132
ooooo that G/U sell looks sexy............

ok gotta go .........long day in the trenches to come

N

usd and Yen are very strong this morning........dowe moves up are not stopping their optimism much

if dow falls soon the tag will rise rapidly .........

Euro , NZD and CHF seem to be potential victims

N

nope...looks like that continued dow push has actually beaten them south finally...

i'll believe it when the dow breaches that previous high of today

N

oh dear - I cant seem add comments on the money week site anymore

i've upset them again (tee hee).............and I was going to agree with them for once

N
I think it was also the grief I gave them for some truly awful junk mail I received from them on trading systems...........

thumping trades on my simpler 5min system (See detail on post #5111)

use the dow30 (in opposite direction) above/below its 80 and 20 sma's to confirm the moves

N

heres the next installment from 10am today...........see how the 5min system gives you the best options to trade (y)

I'm a very very average trader (as you know from my ramblings during trading hours)....but my FXcorrelator (in its many many varieties/combos) keeps me on the straight and narrow .

if I was to follow it that is........:whistling

N

Attachments

• 10oclock action onwards .jpg
    10oclock action onwards .jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 140
  • three amigos.jpg
    three amigos.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
hey all

heres the afternoon session on my 5min setting.............now it depends how filtered you want your signals

also check out my Rules of Corrie combat guide on post 5082

there was some nice fast pips with dow North and a falling tag about 13.30pm and CHF was accompanying the tag team which I really like as a setup - so this was a 10/10 signal

then see that lovely tag rise from 14.30 ?.........but I had a problem as the dow was falling but it was not south of all its sma's :(.........superb sells on CHF and Euro but I would have had to pass naturally

then recently more fast Dow rises but usd was sluggish to fall below Zero so you had to sit on your hands until it did...........and it has (y)

Actually - you could have perhaps cheated that one and ignored the sluggish 80ma on USD - taking 3 out of 4 tag lines south as confirmation and selling yen - Euro was a scorching northerly buy and I like E/J !!!!!

(yes I have a lot of "cheats" on my basic systems - one day I will write them all down)

so sports fans thats the 5min system on a normal days action ......some you win some you lose but I've seen a lot worse commercial systems out there and remember you are watching the whole G8 market here in 3D and utilisng the equity markets to assess potential risk trades on low yielding currencies ............so you are alert to the best signals all the time and not anchored to a couple of stale paircharts :smart:

N

Attachments

• afternoon session.jpg
    afternoon session.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
final post for the day........

the 2 commdolls were in the frame for a sell.........NZD wiped out (I dont like the NZD..... its to fickle a mover) but good ole solid AUD is looking better and better as I Post (y)

N

If I am honest I rarely like to trade or call a NZD or CHF or CAD trade against the tag......I prefer Euro, GBP and AUD.....all more predictable in their own little ways

Attachments

• last cal of the day.jpg
    last cal of the day.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 134
mornin all

triple arrow corrie alert :smart:

trade on the pair breach

N

Attachments

• triple alert.jpg
    triple alert.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 136