Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

back again...................heres what I see

you may see things differently...but whatever we see its a much more broader view of the G8 action than Any methodology involving just a few pairs charts and indicators

N

Attachments

• lunch timeout.jpg
    lunch timeout.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 134
buying Euro and AUD into usd looks tempting........dow could do with rising now

although i'll happily take the 3395 !

Attachments

• EU scalp.jpg
    EU scalp.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 107
euro is taking a breather......hmmm

NZD is ready to pounce north.....tag look a solid sell for a while yet on 5mins

Frustrating....yen is selling a treat on the 5mins but usd is being obnoxious and rising......give it a little time and those AUD , Euro and GBP buys into usd will start lifting off......

hey all

remember this at 9am this morning ?.............Aud has been a permanent triple arrow buy since that time

so based on your strategies you could have traken up to say 30 pips on it at times.....or be snuggling in hoping for a longer run up

E and G got more choppy and actually usd could have been kinder and more continued in falls....but such is life !

N

Attachments

• AU buy.jpg
    AU buy.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 94
Hello NVP,

first of all, thank you for your great & smart work! It really helps me a lot in my trading decisions...

I would like to ask you a little question (sorry if it may sounds silly...).
In the chart attached, I found that the AUD (hourly chart) is well below the zero line, but the arrow is still pointing up.

Why does this happen?
Thank you,

John.

Attachments

• question for NVP.GIF
    question for NVP.GIF
    55.2 KB · Views: 136
hey john

no worries and I am happy to help others as I continue to explore and learn strengthmeter dynamics myself............another 20 years and I will be there :cool:

this excelent indicator was built by Djenky off of the core simple FXCorrelator

go to the setups and check your chart settings.....they will only match an arrow if the setting and the Chart TF you are using is EXACTLY the same !

let me know if this is the answer...........I forget this issue all the time myself :p

N

Attachments

• chartettings.jpg
    chartettings.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 147
hey all.........overnights offered some great pippage buying tag team

unfortunately the yen is still short (below the line) on the 4h arrow - but to be honest I am just as happy to use the lower 2 TF's if I really like what the Dow is doing and also if the CHF is aligned to the lower arrow yen and usd as well................thats a 100% risk play corelation regardlss of timeframes

selling the G/U was best - wth well over 50pips though the night (not shown)......as well as the other culprits shown below

N :smart:

Attachments

• overnights.jpg
    overnights.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 132
very very early call on the 5m A/U as a buy if it confirms with some price action......and stays above the 9800

G/U buy has been aggressive but again i need more meat on my bones

buying CHF into usd looks interesing as well.......but I really dont like mixing these guys

all shaping up nicely now for a tag fall.....cadsin the buy seat

N

frustrating on the 5mins.............we need a fall on that usd.....but it wont obige

gbp has delivered a small handful though......

N

bang !!!

theres a move.......usd gone north fast.....yen not responding so I am a little nervous

beutiful E/u sell....just ned yen to move more north supporin the usd rises