Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

I hope to be able to add positive feedback to this wonderful thread that you started! Keep up the good work!!!

The FXCORRie can be a very predictive tool if used properly!

Last edited:
I hope to be able to add positive feedback to this wonderful thread that you started! Keep up the good work!!!

The FXCORRie can be a very predictive tool if used properly!

thanks for kind words Payroll - the cheques in the post :p

N

busy this week ........but this is what I see on the 4hour

do this on any timeframe on a 500ma (so the Zero line is relatively useless and not being referenced - if anything its working out as a 100ma crossover point on the dailys)...its all there on a plate ....just needs practice, practice............oh yeah and more practice !

have a little look back on the chart below and see if you saw any patterns or signals that were easy money...theres plenty with every single currency providing at least 3+ cast iron signals over the period shown - even the dour swissie that is now a real little rocker since the Swiss let it roam more !

KISS :smart: (hint - if its tooooo busy - treat yourself to 2 charts and hide/show 4 on each to thin things out)

lets see if the EURCHF sell develops today as they were my 2 main "intrade" signals below...remember the 4h is a high TF so these things will take time and currently on lower TF's these 2 dudes need to get more aligned to the 4hr TF signal...this is slooower trading !!!

N

Attachments

• KISS.JPG
    KISS.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
mornin all.............busy again today so just popping in :sleep:

heres those charts above now today

50+ pips on that EURCHF Sell........but damn....selling commdolls became the call as the day progressed and the tag went north (alongside chf) so biggus pippus were seen there :rolleyes:

never mind......the idea was to present the way you can use the corrie to look at the market on higher MA settings....and not to get the biggest home run every time :smart:

no low ma settings and trading scalper zero line crosses, no macd's, no RSI's , no pivots, no Fibs......etc etc :p

KISS :smart:
N

Attachments

• a few hours on.jpg
    a few hours on.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 142
heres my thoughts.....

check out the news releases today - and use a lower timeframe to support the 4h signals

good hunting all :smart:
N

Attachments

• Friday action.jpg
    Friday action.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 133
Hi Neil. Thanks for submitting such a promising strategy. I could never get on well with the various strength meters as a support for my trades because I thought they were always lagging (although some friends of mine would swear by them) but this is a different way to use it and backtesting here and there it looks like you've cracked it, so now I have to catch up with the whole thread (it'll take me weeks LOL).
Meanwhile can I ask if there is a way to save the thickness of the lines? I have to increase the size of the yellow and green every time I load MT4 although I keep saving it. Thanks very much

2 more Great trades, via FXCORRie, Scalper's delight! ;)

Attachments

• fxcorr8-20.gif
    fxcorr8-20.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 161
  • eurusd1.gif
    eurusd1.gif
    19.2 KB · Views: 145
  • cadjpy.gif
    cadjpy.gif
    18.5 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Hi Neil. Thanks for submitting such a promising strategy. I could never get on well with the various strength meters as a support for my trades because I thought they were always lagging (although some friends of mine would swear by them) but this is a different way to use it and backtesting here and there it looks like you've cracked it, so now I have to catch up with the whole thread (it'll take me weeks LOL).
Meanwhile can I ask if there is a way to save the thickness of the lines? I have to increase the size of the yellow and green every time I load MT4 although I keep saving it. Thanks very much

hi alright - thanks for the comment (y)

this particular approach has been around a long time on the thread.....I used to use the 1000 ma setting a lot but the new FXCM platform runs out of sizing on larger chart timeframes for me now so 500ma is ok for the job in hand....:eek:

in truth this is the most real way to trade the corrie for me - but will not be to everyones taste, and if a move happen on currencies it will alert anyway on our more standard scalper settings like the 20ma and others some people use...

what it does do is allow more practical aproaches to assessing exit targets on currecy lines as you look at where S/ lels are frm thecurrentposition a currency is....but hey we are all individuls and whatever gets you through the trade ;)

re the bold for tag - let me drop a bolded verion o the thread..Ithink it fell off when we adopted Tills version with more fancy platform features....

you will lose the bold everytime you switch a timeframe on a particuar chart so currently why not load 1 per timeframe and maxmise them as needed ...?

N

2 more Great trades, via FXCORRie, Scalper's delight! ;)

yep the markets were real kind yesterday ...... I was stuffed at work and didnt even get to see my charts once.....following my initial pre work posts

keep it up....the 14/3 produces a nice smooth signal :smart:
N

hey payroll......dont you ever sleep ?

I'm like Batman, up late at night and sleep during the day. Hi Neil I like know if you could make any mods on the FXCORRie?

heres my thoughts.....

check out the news releases today - and use a lower timeframe to support the 4h signals

good hunting all :smart:
N

Hi all

sooooo how did you do ? :smart:

the red VERT line is yesterdays position as at aboves post / predictions

all my observations on the 4h did not really happen in the end.....but step down to the 1hr or the 30m TF (30m and also 5m shown below) and play the market in that timeframe using the same principles.....and just keep the 4h in mind for key S/R levels to be aware of......take it where you see it using ATR's and targets based on that TF's prognosis

On the 30m.... boy there was some great signals yesterday - do I really need to spell them out ?

Payroll hit the EURUSD trade (and an inspired JPYCAD) using a 14/3 corrie but it was all here in the flesh using standard price action signals on this 500ma

this is another way to use the corrie and to be honest my favourite by far as I can see everything happening with no major MA distortions......

N

Attachments

• friday results.jpg
    friday results.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Hi gang

sorry another busy day for me so nilcho trading oportunities

if I was sitting at ta screen and playing the low TF's (nononononono) i;d be watching the us30 like a hawk

if it drops below the 10200 then i see Yen dragging usd up for a little northward hike with plenty of ceiling as well from last fridays highs for the tag (see the chart attached)

what to sell......?

use the 20ma scalper setting and watch for the crosses on your favourite TF combos......or just watch for the breaks down on the 15m TF 500ma setting (seen in the chart below) or go to the 5min 500ma setting for some more precise entry settings

Euro looks very shaky so far...so it could be ripe for the sell into usd

good hunting !
N

Attachments

• monday action.jpg
    monday action.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 155
or just watch this for last weeks fun and games.......and spot the idiot as halfway through i realise my Us30 is not refreshing correctly - DOH !!! :innocent:

N

Hi gang

sorry another busy day for me so nilcho trading oportunities

if I was sitting at ta screen and playing the low TF's (nononononono) i;d be watching the us30 like a hawk

if it drops below the 10200 then i see Yen dragging usd up for a little northward hike with plenty of ceiling as well from last fridays highs for the tag (see the chart attached)

what to sell......?

use the 20ma scalper setting and watch for the crosses on your favourite TF combos......or just watch for the breaks down on the 15m TF 500ma setting (seen in the chart below) or go to the 5min 500ma setting for some more precise entry settings

Euro looks very shaky so far...so it could be ripe for the sell into usd

good hunting !
N

here we are a few hours on from this post and lets see whats cooking :smart:

hmm - tag team did not rise as the US30 has gone north suppressing this play pattern.....however if you notice the terrible twins are now veering north regardless of the US30 rise....so if the Dow tanks on opening the tag team should really will fly upwards.....

that red ma line is the 200ma on the us30 15tf chart - (or even the 50ma on the 1hr) - lets see if it bounces down....

what else ?...........commdolls going north generally and the Euro currencies are on the fall.....including Swissie that has unhinged from the risk plays so far

so what to trade ?........since I am a USD pairs follower at heart....if dow tanks i'd buy USD into whatever really gets falling on ...with the European currencies looking most interesting/obvious at the moment with such a weak start to the proceedings so far

N

Attachments

• lunchtime action.jpg
    lunchtime action.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 116