Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

You're not the only one putting things on my journal today - http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/91616-icc-forex-system-testing.html#post1125288
His English is stilted and I don't go much on his manners either!

yep

The fun police...

a lot of people like this in the Trading cosmos....so lets rise above it and move on ....these things tend to drift away when no one is listening to them...its actually a lower form of the straight scams that get posted here as at least those can be removed by the moderators

these semi-negative comments generally stay on the thread unless you push for removal - generating sad publicity for the perpetrator's own posts and threads.......how sad is that

no more energy wasted on this now......lets leave it be as we are all busy people and I want to focus on helping the people that do follow the thread !!!

regards
Neil
NVP

Last edited:
Hi N and all else,

Looks like I missed out on an interesting day yesterday, here is this morning's bun fight....

GU; Buy stop at 49328 filled during 08:20 bar, price caught momentum and motored upwards, made a short retrace and carried on rise, paused for three bars and did another retrace larger than previous, found some more support to make 09:50 local high then just ran out of steam and reversed sharply taking out TS at 10:15 weak down bar for 54 points profit - no more trading on this pair for the session.

EU; Long entered at 26494 on open 08:15 bar, price moved slowly upwards, paused for two bars then started to accelerate upwards again with two bigger pauses en route to 09:40 new local high, then engaged reverse gear and fell back down the hill taking out TS with tail of 10:05 bar for 42 points profit - no more trades on this pair.

EG; Short entered at 84698 on open 08:05 bar, price turned and went weakly upwards for two bars then rolled over with some momentum and drove downwards printing 08:40 weird bar local low, then reversed and slowly started to retrace and 09:20 bar wick caught TS for 2 points profit. No further trades taken due to 10:30 spike bar appearance.

So now for the UK the "deal or no deal" situation is resolved, but for the Euro Rouble it still seems a question of confidence despite their creating a one trillion Dollar "fighting" fund - well, thats a few day's worth of EU turnover then! Should be a fascinating afternoon session for skimming a few scalps here and there, trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• gu120510.gif
    gu120510.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 103
  • eu120510.gif
    eu120510.gif
    15.1 KB · Views: 103
  • eg120510.gif
    eg120510.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 113
Hi N and all else,

GU; Buy stop at 49328 filled during 08:20 bar, TS at 10:15 weak down bar for 54 points profit - no more trading on this pair for the session.

EU; Long entered at 26494 on open 08:15 bar, taking out TS with tail of 10:05 bar for 42 points profit - no more trades on this pair.

EG; Short entered at 84698 on open 08:05 bar, and 09:20 bar wick caught TS for 2 points profit. No further trades taken due to 10:30 spike bar appearance.

Simon.

hey mate - a solid 3 from 3 (y)....98 not out at lunch !

N

nice moves from JRP, and he was out before it got messy later on 10/10 (y)

again tell me where these 3 dudes are on the same side of their dynamic resistance lines :?:

N :smart:

Attachments

• morning action EGU.jpg
    morning action EGU.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 130
interestingly this situation is currently ocurring on the 1mins with the E,G and U all above a dynamic 20ma

wont last though so place your bets for the move :smart:

N

Hi all

I like it when these guys move in the same direction for even a few minutes ....means that all hell is gonna break loose :cheesy:

hence nice scalp below
N

Attachments

• 2pm scalp time.jpg
    2pm scalp time.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 141
  • smashandgrab.jpg
    smashandgrab.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 144
sorry guys 1 step to far fo me on this one .....no comprende

golds been a nice buy since $1207 and is very very strong compared to the G8 currently (Duh - what a surprise)
but pricing it in crude oil......hmmm

even I cant be bothered to correlate to that degree....
N

Attachments

• bsccc051210[1].pdf
    733.4 KB · Views: 466
Last edited:
get out at 79 and apologies it it arrives but bear with me the 00 is still on here....

if yuo are of a nervous disposition take the 4-5 pips loss now...otherwise all is not lost yet

sorry all - i called that nearly 10 pips into the E/U move so very overoptimistic and I should have known better....poor trading from me trying to squeese a trade out inbetween work rather than the indicator being wrong

cant win them all
N

and then the steamroller trade in the opposite direction :whistling

on an absolute plate selling E/U below .2663....jees

I hope someone is using the scalper properly (unlike me) today ! :smart:

N

Last edited:
Thanks to Neil, I've made a few settings adjustments on Corrie. He's, also, got me thinking more about trading off a shorter tf.

I'm going to try and upload a GBP/JPY trade set up from today. One is my 1 min trading chart, with all the bells and whistles, and the other is a 1 min dual Corrie. You will see where the entry point was on both of them. I didn't take this trade as I was being ultra careful with the new set up.

It's been a while since I uploaded charts and have forgotten how to do it so, if nothing appears, it's down to my PC incompetence.

Attachments

• corrie gj 1min 12..5.10.gif
    corrie gj 1min 12..5.10.gif
    39.8 KB · Views: 160
  • gj 1min 12..5.10.gif
    gj 1min 12..5.10.gif
    44.8 KB · Views: 184