Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

hi all..........hope you are enjoying the fun...I am (y)

could the tag be turning ?......my hybrid corries on the 1 min and 5min are certainly signalling its trying to turn up ...and the 5min DJ30 futures is looking finally under pressure to fall below the 20ma

unless i'm mistaken this is firing up nicely for a U/J sell (see all my recent posts on this approach) :smart:

gold is doing its own thing at the moment and is showing rediculously cheap against the G8 where some nice gold sells have been had all morning especially selling Gold in the G6 currency denominations (shame they are illiquid to trade intraday :whistling)

Sure you will have made money selling Gold/$ chart - but remember USD has been falling as well so I get nervous playing that trade as cheaper usd should be stimulating a gold/$ rise :smart: - I explain this trading approach more in my documentation coming - its certainly not signalled any trades this morning, but there been plenty of other pure forex signals to enjoy (y)

later
N

Attachments

• tag turning upwards .jpg
    tag turning upwards .jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 184
just looking back on the 20ma scalper....

tell me you all took the Sell E/U at 10.45 ?

if everyday was like this we would have 400 marketeers out their selling overexpensive indicators

(from my recent junk in-box we have - DOH !!! :rolleyes:)

N

Attachments

• nice EU 1045.jpg
    nice EU 1045.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 159
sell U/J below 93.23

a nice sprint down to 93.17 for 4-5 pisp coming

looks like fun

N

the price is drifting up away from my entry level....I am temped to raise the entry level but wait...

step down....all playing silly buggers and it is lunchtime

later all
N

Hi N and all else,

After a week away from pcs I cant believe the carnage you "lot" have inflicted upon the markets! Catching up time for me....

GU; First trade entered short at 48357 on open 08:05 bar and price immediately engaged reverse gear and kicked me out during 08:20 bar when SL hit for 21 point loss. Second trade entered long at 48738 on open 08:40 bar, price caught some momentum and pushed upwards then consolidated for four bars before picking up speed again and motoring north, new 09:40 local high printed then price retreated down for two bars, rallied and created new 10:20 local high, went into narrow range for six bars and printed new 10:55 local high, looked like running out of steam with four bar reversal although this was very weak, rallied once more to challenge previous local high and trade exited on close 11:55 bar as my session finished for 124 points profit.

EU; First trade long entered at 29872 on open 08:40 bar, price propelled upwards then flopped around for four bars, moved upwards again printing new 09:20 local high with very weird looking bar, tried to challenge this but fell over and took out TS during 09:35 bar for 72 points profit. No other trades taken on this pair for the session.

EG; First trade long entered at 87343 on open 08:10 bar, price crawled sideways for five bars before deciding to pop up but without any real conviction and sharply reversed taking out SL during 09:40 bar for 15 point loss. Second trade sell stop at 87096 filled by small 10:15 bar, price rose just above entry level and hovered there for four bars then momentum kicked in and pushed price southbound to new 11:00 local low, price tried to rally for three bars then second wave momentum caught hold and off it went south again. Trade exited on close of 11:55 bar (my session end) for 37 points profit.

Bit of a wild and wacky ride for first day back at bun fight corral - think I need another week off after all that! Trade well and regards,
Simon.

P.S. Thanks Alan, Gavin and Neil for well wishes.

Attachments

• gu100510.gif
    gu100510.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 127
  • eu100510.gif
    eu100510.gif
    15 KB · Views: 135
  • eg100510.gif
    eg100510.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 125
Hi N and all else,

After a week away from pcs I cant believe the carnage you "lot" have inflicted upon the markets! Catching up time for me....

GU; First trade entered short at 48357 on open 08:05 bar and price immediately engaged reverse gear and kicked me out during 08:20 bar when SL hit for 21 point loss. Second trade entered long at 48738 on open 08:40 bar, price caught some momentum and pushed upwards then consolidated for four bars before picking up speed again and motoring north, new 09:40 local high printed then price retreated down for two bars, rallied and created new 10:20 local high, went into narrow range for six bars and printed new 10:55 local high, looked like running out of steam with four bar reversal although this was very weak, rallied once more to challenge previous local high and trade exited on close 11:55 bar as my session finished for 124 points profit.

EU; First trade long entered at 29872 on open 08:40 bar, price propelled upwards then flopped around for four bars, moved upwards again printing new 09:20 local high with very weird looking bar, tried to challenge this but fell over and took out TS during 09:35 bar for 72 points profit. No other trades taken on this pair for the session.

EG; First trade long entered at 87343 on open 08:10 bar, price crawled sideways for five bars before deciding to pop up but without any real conviction and sharply reversed taking out SL during 09:40 bar for 15 point loss. Second trade sell stop at 87096 filled by small 10:15 bar, price rose just above entry level and hovered there for four bars then momentum kicked in and pushed price southbound to new 11:00 local low, price tried to rally for three bars then second wave momentum caught hold and off it went south again. Trade exited on close of 11:55 bar (my session end) for 37 points profit.

Bit of a wild and wacky ride for first day back at bun fight corral - think I need another week off after all that! Trade well and regards,
Simon.

Good to see you back Simon - I thought you'd do well off the 2 dollar pairs this morning. Good sailing weather at the moment!
- Gavin

Hi N and all else,

GU; First trade entered short at 48357 on open 08:05 bar out during 08:20 bar when SL hit for 21 point loss. Second trade entered long at 48738 on open 08:40 bar, exited on close 11:55 bar as my session finished for 124 points profit.

EU; First trade long entered at 29872 on open 08:40 bar, took out TS during 09:35 bar for 72 points profit. No other trades taken on this pair for the session.

EG; First trade long entered at 87343 on open 08:10 bar, taken out during 09:40 bar for 15 point loss. Second trade sell stop at 87096 filled by small 10:15 bar, Trade exited on close of 11:55 bar (my session end) for 37 points profit.

Simon.

Hey mate.....I see you are back then !

tomorrow - please could you leave some pips on the table for everyone else trading ? :LOL:

good to have you back mate (y)
NVP

ladies and gentlemen viewers of the corrie thread - the Stig is back !

just to clear something up Viewers

JRP and I do not have the same systems running so dont look for any similar charts.....

JRP has been a professional trader for many many moons (about 200 years I think), and was trading long before I returned to the scene and started publishing on this thread

He was kind enough to trial and now utilise corrie charts in supporting his very robust trading strategies, the results of which he posts here daily :smart:

JRP discovered many moons ago (and way before my corrie was on the map) how smart it is to trade these 3 currencies together and reap the net rewards of their very inter-related movements

heres the action today on a 5 min corrie hybrid (E,G U only shown on the chart) with the 3 winning pair trades/signals that JRP took to nearly hit 200 before lunch !

respect :cool:
NVP

Attachments

• 3 nice trades.jpg
    3 nice trades.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Good to see you back Simon - I thought you'd do well off the 2 dollar pairs this morning. Good sailing weather at the moment! - Gavin

Gavin...are you a Sailor ?

jees does everyone dress up on this thread ? :LOL:

N

Hi all

heres overnights after yesterdays pipfest

ouch ! the far east markets were plunging overnight and DJ30 followed :eek::eek:

buy tag sell G6 ..............dont hold your breath on the European opening.... the calvery aint coming

N

Attachments

• 11th vernights.jpg
    11th vernights.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 149
Hi all

I dont talk much about trading gold here as I tend to focus on the G8 mainly

my 15m corrie_gold hybrid flagged up a rare buy signal earlier on at around $1207, and its still travelling north - so keep an eye out as new high for gold/$ could be achieved today

N

nice early scalping action just after 8am today see below (y)

then do you see how euro (blue) came good later on as it crossed both Zero lines upwards ?

CAD (Brown) was the other dude sniffing around above both TF Zero's, but I dont scalp CAD

N

Attachments

• nice scalp.jpg
    nice scalp.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 110
  • price action.jpg
    price action.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 149
Sell E/U is only trade in town at the moment ....hope you are on it

n

u sold at lod. sounds like an Instant Loss Of Credibility ...

and is an instant loss of 15 pips
" Today, 9:00am #3197 NVP :Sell E/U is only trade in town at the moment ....hope you are on it"
=> u sold at 20100511.1100,1.26883,1.26883,1.26840,1.26872,59

Re: u sold at lod. sounds like an Instant Loss Of Credibility ...

and is an instant loss of 15 pips
" Today, 9:00am #3197 NVP :Sell E/U is only trade in town at the moment ....hope you are on it"
=> u sold at 20100511.1100,1.26883,1.26883,1.26840,1.26872,59

Hey pssonice

at last....after 3,000 posts someone challenges the FXcorrelator here !

pssonice - please check the 20ma scalper and tell me when the signal to sell E/U went on....then tell me the result :smart:

i'm commenting on current action and bias - not when initial signal was given - but I agree my phrasiology was loose and I will need to tighten things as i become a commercial vendor - so I hold my hands up and accept the challenge you made regarding my post (y)

I look forward to your next challenge as it will continue to enhance the credibiity of this thread against the many others you are also challenging at the moment elsewhere in T2W.....good for you as I do it myself sometimes to clear out the chaff

please load up the Free scalper here and critique it...i have no problems at all with that

bring it on...will make things even better here :smart:
NVP

Last edited:
Hi all

I dont talk much about trading gold here as I tend to focus on the G8 mainly

my 15m corrie_gold hybrid flagged up a rare buy signal earlier on at around $1207, and its still travelling north - so keep an eye out as new high for gold/$ could be achieved today

N

hey All

hmmm - was this call ok ?

There is no such thing as the holy grail so no indicator can deliver 100% signals

hey - have I ever said otherwise ?

spare me....this thread and indicator delivers what it says on the tin, day in day out and is as good as anything out there in the trading cosmos...and the stuff I choose to publish here is free as opposed to thousands of damn dollars....

moan over (yes its my hormones)
N

(calm down NVP and take your tablet :p)

Attachments

• gold correlator.jpg
    gold correlator.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited: