Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

Meanwhile ignoring Yen (which we normally do here) its been a sellfest for G6 against the USd in last 20 mins....

(hey my excuse is i'm experimenting with the u/J trade :whistling)

oh hum
N

Attachments

• buy usd.jpg
    buy usd.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 130
sorry all gotta go .........duty calls elsewhere

good to see a lot of viewers around - welcome all of you, we are always here to answer questions on this new way of watching the markets dynamics.....leave the Herd and follow us here !

Neil
NVP

oh yeah and U/J delivered 20 pips in the end...........

wanna look at the forex market in a different way ?....come and talk to us here :smart:

NVP

Attachments

• uj Trade.jpg
    uj Trade.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 101
heres something interesting on the Hybrid happening recently on the 5mins....you have to be good though and its not a major play for me normally....(Tigloo mentioned this a while back i think)

will work any timeframe....you could kinda call it a convergence play on E/G using the Usd as a lever.....the stronger usd gets the more the dynamics will demand a retrace of GBP towards the already leading Euro

if usd (and tag generally) isnt cranking up a few gears then the markets will be more unpredictable and flat :smart:

N

Attachments

• EG play .jpg
    EG play .jpg
    75 KB · Views: 129
and what about right this moment ? :sneaky:

careful though as USD needs to remain bullish in this particular scenario.....

Attachments

• eg play 2.jpg
    eg play 2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 120
are you finally ready ?

Attachments

• e g play 3.jpg
    e g play 3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 120
nope stand down......thought I could grandstand you an example but to be honest other indicators are not in place for this move really...

ooo cad falling ...........!!!

later....mega cotton picking to do !
N

heres something interesting on the Hybrid happening recently on the 5mins....you have to be good though and its not a major play for me normally....(Tigloo mentioned this a while back i think)

will work any timeframe....you could kinda call it a convergence play on E/G using the Usd as a lever.....the stronger usd gets the more the dynamics will demand a retrace of GBP towards the already leading Euro

Hi Neil,

yes, this is what I am working on. I've seen it happening in both directions, but the spikes are exactly what I am interested in... it should be profitable, just working on the details. :)

Till

EOD report http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/91616-icc-forex-system-testing.html#post1109720
Early as I'm out this afternoon, and if I wasn't, I'd be packing it in for the day anyway after a morning like that. I think JRP has the right idea only doing mornings!
May your trades go better than mine did today.

Hi Gavin, you had a profitable day, even if just barely, but it was profitable after all. Without being able to follow your trades in detail, I would only worry about minimizing the losses. So far, your profits seem to equal your potential losses - what is your risk/reward ratio?

Either way, even if it is 1:1, you will be profitable by having at least 51% of your trades go into the right direction. Which, judging by the log, they do. :)

Till

or perhaps i was right !

hey I'm just trying to honestly call them as examples here of advanced correlation trading principles......you can pay thousands of dollars to people who will (hopefully) show you what to do on overblown charts with bells and whistles or I will do it real time here as I need to....and we answer the posts on our open thread here (y)

any timeframe on this works like all the others - the reason I like the 5min charts is I continue to get faster feedback to my ideas and a faster learning curve for you guys....

later dudes :smart:
Neil
NVP

Attachments

• e g play 4.jpg
    e g play 4.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
EOD report http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-journals/91616-icc-forex-system-testing.html#post1109720
Early as I'm out this afternoon, and if I wasn't, I'd be packing it in for the day anyway after a morning like that. I think JRP has the right idea only doing mornings!
May your trades go better than mine did today.
- Gavin

JRP only does mornings because he goes to his crossdressing classes in the afternoon :LOL:

(ouch - i'm going to pay for that one later :whistling )
N

ok really gotta go now

Signing off my EG stuff with this final picture......since usd is looking a little bearish I suspect thats it now for this play ......

SUMMARY

You need to spend time learning the dynamics of the G8 we all trade day in day out

You cannot do that on standard Pair Charts - its to small a window

You need a strengthmeter to create the currencies as unique stand alone characters

Then you learn their individual personalities and what moves with what (and when)

I also sprinkle in some correlation from outside markets (you dont have to)

And then you start to trade using the Strengthmeter charts more than the pairs charts

Trust me the pairs will become secondary to your needs (except for entry points)

And the more you do it the better you get - believe me (y)

later
N

Attachments

• e g play final .jpg
    e g play final .jpg
    59 KB · Views: 139
if your watching the markets ...i'm hovering on a fast sell on u/J

and sell eurozone into u

Hi all

sorry got dragged into a meeting - thats why I cannot as yet trade much for real

I see the couple I was tracking on last post the U/J went for a nice scalpypoo and the E/U well its still
out there and I see it hitting the 00 before any major pull back still

i'm -1 hr GMT on charts

later
N

Attachments

• 2 scalps .jpg
    2 scalps .jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Been short EU since Tues 3pm @ 1.3445. Just moved my stop to 1.3400. I think the € is going to tank big time.

yep......got my brace there (y)

N

Attachments

• EU scalp.jpg
    EU scalp.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 109
Been short EU since Tues 3pm @ 1.3445. Just moved my stop to 1.3400. I think the € is going to tank big time.

watch this corrie master everyone...he doesnt post much here but when he does...... :cool:

N

Last edited:

nice call mate.....big wobbles on Usd throughout + major Tremors earlier today

but well done for riding the retrace (y)

I cant match that one today !
N

Attachments

• EU alan special.jpg
    EU alan special.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 135