Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

lose money eh !

buy a sports car everyone ......My wife bought one 2 years ago and we are now selling it on saturday as she found it to much to handle (and i'm a habitual points buster from my youth so I am banned from the big bhp munchers these days)

ive lost 17 Grand in 13,000 miles :cry:

would have been cheaper to buy a skoda humberto and drop 50 quid out the window at
every Red traffic light....

(JRP........more reasons why my pm's are like a bear with a sore head)

sigh.....
N
..and what would she say if you lost 17 grand trading?

So many of these scams about, it must be the best way to make money from the markets. I just don't understand why people don't say to themselves, "Hang on, if his system's so good, why does he need to be selling it?" It's self-evident ********!

its worse than that Gavin......I have never seen an industry where scorn is heaped on anything free but kudos handed to so so many average but costly systems out there

its real crazy....some people will never never rate the FXcorrlelator because its free.....(and no one can spell it)

And like a mean lean sports car (my wifes sob sob) it needs training and practice to handle it properly .........people want to pay big to get easy rich quick results

i'm from a gambling background and at least those sharks had their fins up in the water (and music playing)
to normally give you a fighting chance !

N

Hi Simon,

Trading with a DMA broker is a good idea. However, to the best of my knowledge, in order to be able to trade on very tight or, within the spreads, the account deposit requirement is a minimum of $20,000.

Not all SB companies are bucket shops. I've been with GFT for a year, been requoted once and had most of my orders filled without slippage.. At times, their spread, on GU, will be 2 pips (usually 3), which I believe, is very comparable to a DMA broker.

There are some rip-off SB companies out there. Unfortunately, some of the biggest names are the worst culprits.

Hi Alan,

I use MB Trading, their live feed is very reliable, executions quick and back office facility great. They dont require large deposit unike some of the more infamous DMA providers - you can get going with $500 (five hundred buckeroos) but like me today, that wont last two minutes!

NVP has mentioned you to me in some PMs, great to see you on his thread.
Simon.

Buy €$ here, or wait for the figures at half-past? (wondering out loud)

Gavin,

It's not the gas figures you need to worry about, it's FOMC member Turillo speaking. When these buggers open their mouths anything can happen:(

..and what would she say if you lost 17 grand trading?

good question - she'd say

"golly Neil thats jolly bad luck....never mind heres a cup of tea and put your feet up "

hahahahahahahahaha :LOL:
N

Yeah, it's a big meal so requires some time to digest!

can someone update myself and JRP when they find out how the corrie actually works ?

i'm still bluffing like a trooper personally :LOL::

N

Gavin,

It's not the gas figures you need to worry about, it's FOMC member Turillo speaking. When these buggers open their mouths anything can happen:(

When's he up then? Looks like my notional trade is a non-goer anyway, with Gold apparently fading back down from it's luinchtime high. Can't see the Euro pushing up on its own.
But I know nuh-theeng.

can someone update myself and JRP when they find out how the corrie actually works ?

i'm still bluffing like a trooper personally :LOL::

N

Can I have my million pounds back then? With an ideal wife like that, what need have you of money?;)

sorry i really gotta go......as before Mr Fielding will (unknowingly) elevate us to the next level in the Forum games (by default) and we may even win some kudos along the way

time will tell.....time will tell everyone
N

oo, £Yen screaming up - good job I'm not trading today else I'd be in there (for a spectacular crash & burn no doubt)

Can I have my million pounds back then? With an ideal wife like that, what need have you of money?;)

Gavin

thats what she would be saying to me......

I didnt mention the 2 bricks in her hands did I ? :cry::cry:

N

one more serious request fellow correlators....can i ask for a few attachments alongside the comments to assist the newbies that may be visiting us over the next few days......I do post a lot of calls / comments myself without piccies and its naughty so I am going to ease back as well

more talk and more attachments muchachos !!

adios
NVP

Last edited:
Hi Alan,

I use MB Trading, their live feed is very reliable, executions quick and back office facility great. They dont require large deposit unike some of the more infamous DMA providers - you can get going with $500 (five hundred buckeroos) but like me today, that wont last two minutes!

NVP has mentioned you to me in some PMs, great to see you on his thread.
Simon.

Thanks for that info Simon and for your welcome. It's been a funny old day (shades of Greavsie for those of you old enough to remember). I can quite easily see how, today your 500 buckaroos could get mashed.

To be honest, the last few days have been full of contradictory market sentiment. A trading buddy of mine had quintrupled his account, since 1st Jan. Over the past 3 days (he traded Mon p.m.) he's now back to his original starting Capital!!!! Gulp:(

I feel lucky to have got out of today, so far, with 8 pips profit. Now I can feel a touch of online Texas Holdemitis coming on:)

one more serious request fellow correlators....can i ask for a few attachments alongside the comments to assist the newbies that may be visiting us over the next few days......I do post a lot of calls / comments myself without piccies and its naughty so I am going to ease back as well

more talk and more attachments muchachos !!

adios
NVP
Okay, here's a screen-dump of what I've been looking at re: selling $ & Yen. Looks okay at the moment but as likely to reverse as continue (au naturel).
The Correlators are derived from Neil's FXCorrelator - they aren't exactly the same thing, but you'd be hard-pressed to spot the difference on anything but a short time-frame. (Yes Neil, I spent some time at Easter getting my head round mq4 coding, or the basics at least!). I'm working on a system that rests on them fairly heavily, but it's far too early to say if it's any good.
The little blue arrows are the notional entries, and it looks like the hourlies are about to call a halt to this little rise as I post this, but anyway, it's a good example of how I'm looking to implement the Correlator (my colours are different to neil's BTW)
- Gavin

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Okay, here's a screen-dump of what I've been looking at re: selling $ & Yen. Looks okay at the moment but as likely to reverse as continue (au naturel).
The Correlators are derived from Neil's FXCorrelator - they aren't exactly the same thing, but you'd be hard-pressed to spot the difference on anything but a short time-frame. (Yes Neil, I spent some time at Easter getting my head round mq4 coding, or the basics at least!). I'm working on a system that rests on them fairly heavily, but it's far too early to say if it's any good.
The little blue arrows are the notional entries, and it looks like the hourlies are about to call a halt to this little rise as I post this, but anyway, it's a good example of how I'm looking to implement the Correlator (my colours are different to neil's BTW)
- Gavin

jees mate....thats mission control central......i thought mine were bad enough !

excellentey (y)
N

after nearly 9 hard months of incubation and nearly 2,000 posts from me I finally feel a microsoft moment here in the making.......

To everybody past and present (and future especially) now developing their increasing trading talents on the FXcorrelator I humbly offer this thread to strut your stuff......learn and train here and share your ideas and growing talents......

......and then teach me ! :p
N

Last edited:
after nearly 9 hard months of incubation and nearly 2,000 posts from me I finally feel a microsoft moment here in the making.......

To everybody past and present (and future especially) now developing their increasing trading talents on the FXcorrelator I humbly offer this thread to strut your stuff......learn and train here and share your ideas and growing talents......

......and then teach me ! :p
N

I was thinking of starting a T2W journal for testing this new system I'm attempting, so I can post the entries & exits as they happen, and maybe putting an end-of-day summary on here, JRP-style. How's that grab you? It'd save me cluttering up this thread with twaddle but give anyone interested the option of following a (DOOMED-TO-FAILURE) system based largely on the correlator.
Dunno if I'll bother yet. I probably lack the motivation, but it would probably help keep my eye on the ball, rather than wandering off on yet another wild goose chase.

I was thinking of starting a T2W journal for testing this new system I'm attempting, so I can post the entries & exits as they happen, and maybe putting an end-of-day summary on here, JRP-style. How's that grab you? It'd save me cluttering up this thread with twaddle but give anyone interested the option of following a (DOOMED-TO-FAILURE) system based largely on the correlator.
Dunno if I'll bother yet. I probably lack the motivation, but it would probably help keep my eye on the ball, rather than wandering off on yet another wild goose chase.

Do it - Great idea (y)

less posts and more focus on here will be fine.....all the great traders need to be focused from using mentors to maintaining detailed journals

yours will be here to look back on as you publish it daily and grow....theres nothing like having your work out for public scrutiny to accelerate your progress - thats how pros operate day in day out in all arenas

Gavin that set up is the first i've ever seen that comes close to some of my screens
and advanced ideas (and I had a year+ start on you)

so up to you - do as you want but I know talent when i see it :smart:

N

Do it - Great idea (y)

less posts and more focus on here will be fine.....all the great traders need to be focused from using mentors to maintaining detailed journals

yours will be here to look back on as you publish it daily and grow....theres nothing like having your work out for public scrutiny to accelerate your progress - thats how pros operate day in day out in all arenas

Gavin that set up is the first i've ever seen that comes close to some of my screens
and advanced ideas (and I had a year+ start on you)

so up to you - do as you want but I know talent when i see it :smart:

N

...and I know my bank balance when I see it - doh!
Thanks though, I'll have a think and maybe give it a go next week.
Cheers - Gavin

Create the trade journal and post summaries here every once in a while, that would be really helpful. One of the problems that I (as a newbie here) have is that there is no readily available summary and that there are no live trades with reviews.