Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

GBP in consolidation after a long long bear run......lunchtime !

I just need a little more confirmed retraces on Tag and we have a complete switcharound coming at lunch

Sell TAG
Buy eurozone
commdolls now looking bearish

N

GBP is a real bugger..........its like a bullet sometimes and gives you no retraces or any small HH/HL or LL's/LH's to get behind it on a trade.......and I like to trade on confirmed price action - not pure bullets !

no Idea Gavin..........ask the markets ! :p
Well, I asked them and they said, "Buy sterling! Buy Euro!" but they had a nasty, duplicitous, chocolatey smile on their faces at the time so I stayed well out of it...and am now:cool: watching sterling pile up a few pips and sneer at me at the same time.
But do I trust it this time of day?

Well, I asked them and they said, "Buy sterling! Buy Euro!" but they had a nasty, duplicitous, chocolatey smile on their faces at the time so I stayed well out of it...and am now:cool: watching sterling pile up a few pips and sneer at me at the same time.
But do I trust it this time of day?

Hi mate

my new dooperpooperscooper corrie gave a confirmed buy signal on GBP at around 11.50and its delivered a few pips vs most of G7 since (including naturally the tag)

of course its not the right time to trade but if I follow every rule I've accumulated in the last 6 months now (including my infamous corelation rules) i would never ever call a trade.............(tee hee):p

N

sorry all.........work burying me.....I will update my first day observations/results later tonight.....good or bad I will be honest.....honest !

N

G/U been arguably bullish since 2.20pm.....moving into high gear again now on my indicators ....

euros sure coming up now with a reconfirmed buy signal......GBP not following (yet?)....USD is not in my sell zone yet unfortunately.......that E/G buy sure looks interesting.....or will GBP turn on a shoestring and blast past the Euro upwards ? ......Tigloo please note !!!

Too bad, missed the action here today. Will try to follow tomorrow.

My EA made some trades, too, a few successful ones but currently riding on a spike of GBPUSD that's causing losses like I haven't seen in a while. Will exit at 17:56 (GMT+2), still hoping for a retrace in the meantime.

Depending on the outcome, I need to rethink about my money management routines. :)

Till

Too bad, missed the action here today. Will try to follow tomorrow.

My EA made some trades, too, a few successful ones but currently riding on a spike of GBPUSD that's causing losses like I haven't seen in a while. Will exit at 17:56 (GMT+2), still hoping for a retrace in the meantime.

Depending on the outcome, I need to rethink about my money management routines. :)

Till

Hi Till

if you were banking on a G/E convergence (via U) that puppy's Divergence has been locked in and extending since about 11.30 am this morning and is still climbing.....the markets always have deeper pockets than the Traders it seems

on my more customised indicators if I ever did try to trade this divergence/convergence pattern I would let Euro Lead and then wait for GBP to then come for the Euro

Jason Fielder will also teach you this for $2,000 :p

N

apart from a rocky 2 hour spell in early afternoon GBP has been a solid buy since ...nice !

all change ?.............tag looking north soon i think.....finally....no rush though

could mean even more of a kicking coming for euro then ?

N

if you were banking on a G/E convergence (via U) that puppy's Divergence has been locked in and extending since about 11.30 am this morning and is still climbing.....the markets always have deeper pockets than the Traders it seems

Yes, you are right. I accounted the first divergence to news releases, which I avoid. I cannot explain the development this afternoon though... this is pretty much the situation that is killing my current system. :cry:

How did you see it with your current indicator? I am still struggling to interpret the chart. From the code I see EUR=blue, GPB=red. I see a steadily climbing red line, but don't quite know what to make of it.

Till

hey all - sorry still at work so mega in trouble with wife !

i'll update tomorrow as it will be difficult to post updates with a broken arm later on at home

N

hey all - sorry still at work so mega in trouble with wife !

N

Somethings never change:D

It's been a long time since I posted on the thread but, I though I'd let you know, Neil, that I still use Corrie and it is one of the best indicators that I have ever used. Most of the other technical indicators aren't worth the space they take up on the chart.

Corrie isn't infallible, particularly after a strong move up/down by one currency but, overall it's very good.

Somethings never change:D

It's been a long time since I posted on the thread but, I though I'd let you know, Neil, that I still use Corrie and it is one of the best indicators that I have ever used. Most of the other technical indicators aren't worth the space they take up on the chart.

Corrie isn't infallible, particularly after a strong move up/down by one currency but, overall it's very good.

Hi Alan !

good to talk mate :p.......I see you sometimes on the thread and you must chuckle at some of the questions still flying around......remember the (pm) kittens you me and ivan (INGOT54) threw around re the MA variations and settings we were all trying ! ( I still think some of Ivans were the wildest i've seen.....but stll effective in their own way !)

keep in touch and i'm glad it still helps the day trading........i'll send you a freebee of my customised indicators when I'm ready to publish it soon (soon !).......god knows you and Ivan deserve it mate, you both mega-contributed to the success of this thread.....and all those awkward questions you asked me ! (y)

if you are trawling elsewhere (I know you follow a lot of sites and info boads) watch out for the Jason Fielder markteering re that new indicator hes selling as it looks like a Corrie to me .....and tell them that ours is available here for free on page 64 !

N

Last edited:
Yes, you are right. I accounted the first divergence to news releases, which I avoid. I cannot explain the development this afternoon though... this is pretty much the situation that is killing my current system. :cry:

How did you see it with your current indicator? I am still struggling to interpret the chart. From the code I see EUR=blue, GPB=red. I see a steadily climbing red line, but don't quite know what to make of it.

Till

hey Till

post something (piccies) here for me to interpret re my corrie and i'll tell you what I see

also know its a pain but read the thread.......(a pot of coffee an 2 asprins recommended).......you will meet people like Alan , Ivan and others from the early days and learn a lot re the indicator and trading generally !

yesterday my focus became rapidly less as work comittments took over .....then I was responding on thread by just eyeballing my new indicators ....with the standard classics/setings I have always posted here in the background to asisst

the E/G divergence continued because.....well s*it happens.....and all we can do as traders is react (or not react) to each sitution as it unfolds.....post event theres 100 reasons to debate why A diverged from B......but the successful trader either decided to trade it or they did'nt at that moment........and why others are debating what happened the successful trader is watching the next move instead !

Ive got up early to review my new indicators performance and will post the results next via the standard corries eyes.......see if its any help

N

Last edited:
heres today - all charts are still -1hr gmt......(??)

dow30 futures push up o/n and helped drive yen down......he BOJ will not be unhappy about that will they !

usd is pretty flat given the bullsh activity on Gold o/n......dare I then call it flat/bullish bias for morning session ?.....especially if gold starts fallng .......lets see how it goes

comdoll domination on the 1hr (right side) CAd then AUSD then much lower is NZD.....and for good reasons

the (grey) swissie on the right doesnt really deserve the pasting its getting courtesy of its neighbours indiscretions does it ?............thousands of wealthy individuals must be kacking themselves....(my heart bleeds !....)

Great Currency the swissie.......trading longer timeframes theres no better/flatter currency for you to use as a foil to a really fancied riser or faller.......check out how flat this dude is generally over any timeframe on a 1000/1 corrie :smart:

I will get around to posting yesterdays observations re my new indicators, but time is short and I wanted to get todays action out first.......

N

Attachments

• 7th april.jpg
    7th april.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
hmmm

is that 9am usd news release right ?......jees hes got tough hours ! :p

N

Attachments

• calnda.jpg
    calnda.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 122
ok.......markets falling and Tag did want to go up as I thought.......comdolls are rock solid buys so it makes selling into the eurozone an easier call today if this holds....... gonna be a fun morning !

ok off to work soon - the cotton bales are piling up
N

let gold start falling again......then buy usd into Euro as it looks like continuing to be he patsy sell today...