Best Thread Correlation Trading - Basic Ideas and Strategies

nice phase now for buying USd and Selling eurozone.....use P/A discression on the individual pair charts

I wish gold would start falling again below $1124.50 ish to help confirm this further....

N

you'd be a few pips up now ignoring me but I need gold to fall to be happier.....

told you so..............tricky today very tricky......(as JRP has been screaming at me in PM's !!!)

there was a cheeky Buy on U/J recently as well supported by Gold/DJ30 divergence (see previous posts last week)............but i'm not on that pair/indicator today

N

gotta go......as I leave it looks like it will take Mr Rooney becoming next PM to get GBP moving up.........(what was Brown on about in that speech ?)

later.....i'm pleased with my new customised indicators so far.....shame about me !
N

back again...wow gold came good re falling again and its game on re buy U sell eurozone !

euros turned bullish......G/U sale was ok for a few pips and still game on but tighten S/L as gold retracing

euros sure coming up now with a reconfirmed buy signal......GBP not following (yet?)....USD is not in my sell zone yet unfortunately.......that E/G buy sure looks interesting.....or will GBP turn on a shoestring and blast past the Euro upwards ? ......Tigloo please note !!!

N

dont give up that G/U sell yet if your still in it.....its shaping up to fall again

If euro can maintain upwards bias with the usd moving up that will also be reconfirm on a E/G buy as well....

Everyone hates GBP
N

gbp is really trying to turn up now.......euro already there

big pivot point moment across the G8

Hi N and all else,

No trading for me today as markets will be a bit thin after the easter break, but being the hopeless traderholic I am I just couldnt resist (!!!) taking a peep to see whats happening ready for return tomorrow.

Saw some of your calls this morning N and could see what you were trying to do there. Here is my own personal take on this morning's session up to about 10:50 hrs....

GU; Nice sell stop at end of 08:05 bar, price goes down then ranges indifferently then down again with exit on close 10:50 bar, that could have pulled around 49 points profit.

EU; Sell stop hit during 08:05 bar, peice drops then retreats back up, drops again and retreats printing lower highs, drops again and retreats with a higher high print then I guess boredom would have hit me so bailout on close 10:40 bar for possible small 3 points profit.

EG; Disasterous short trade on close of 08:00 bar with SL probably hit during 08:10 bar for 15 points loss. Buy stop hit on close of 08:30 bar, price makes shallow retrace then gradually motors on northwards and I guess patience would run out for me so likely exit on close of 10:45 bar for around 14 points profit.

Fairly nice morning by the looks of things and certainly GU pair will be twitching around after UK prime minister announces general election about lunchtime - he loves hitting the 13:00 hrs news deadlines! EU pair looks a bit woolly but maybe this will come to life later on, one to watch though is EG as this will hinge around GU's direction.

Off outside to play so good luck everyone - trade well and regards,
Simon.

Attachments

• gu060410.gif
    gu060410.gif
    15 KB · Views: 111
  • eu060410.gif
    eu060410.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 98
  • eg060410.gif
    eg060410.gif
    13.7 KB · Views: 111
Hi N and all else,

No trading for me today as markets will be a bit thin after the easter break, but being the hopeless traderholic I am I just couldnt resist (!!!) taking a peep to see whats happening ready for return tomorrow.

Saw some of your calls this morning N and could see what you were trying to do there. Here is my own personal take on this morning's session up to about 10:50 hrs....

GU; Nice sell stop at end of 08:05 bar, price goes down then ranges indifferently then down again with exit on close 10:50 bar, that could have pulled around 49 points profit.

EU; Sell stop hit during 08:05 bar, peice drops then retreats back up, drops again and retreats printing lower highs, drops again and retreats with a higher high print then I guess boredom would have hit me so bailout on close 10:40 bar for possible small 3 points profit.

EG; Disasterous short trade on close of 08:00 bar with SL probably hit during 08:10 bar for 15 points loss. Buy stop hit on close of 08:30 bar, price makes shallow retrace then gradually motors on northwards and I guess patience would run out for me so likely exit on close of 10:45 bar for around 14 points profit.

Fairly nice morning by the looks of things and certainly GU pair will be twitching around after UK prime minister announces general election about lunchtime - he loves hitting the 13:00 hrs news deadlines! EU pair looks a bit woolly but maybe this will come to life later on, one to watch though is EG as this will hinge around GU's direction.

Off outside to play so good luck everyone - trade well and regards,
Simon.

hey mate

on my new superdooperpooper corries the GBP has been a sell since around 22.30 on the 5th april .....and even now its still falling....:eek:

so its been just finding the right partners for our blushing Bride :eek:

Usd was ok till 2.30ish this morning then fell with GBP.....I suppose USD reappeared on my radar as a confirmed buy (ie sell G/U) again at around 8.45am (GMT) dependent on your appetite for risk/entry (yes mega pips before this around 8am as JRP reported but I needed more confirmation in my systems)...and is still going strong 50 pips later regardless of side correlations to Gold, Yen, DJ30, Seaweed , Orions conjunction with mars etc etc :p

my new corries are all based around analysing individual currency behaviour in detail.... then pairing them with a currency demonstrating opposite behavoral patterns.............oh yeah and a little market correlation when needed !

grrrrrr - JRP's IPAL system is outrageous ....how does he do that ? :eek:

N

Last edited: