Concept FX

Steve is maybe better qualified than i...but i wouldnt go in at a buy yet..i think support will come around 18300 ish...the markets are in turnoil just now...all my trades ended just higher than Break even..but it was going against the trend..the trend is still down...need to or 3 corrections to break the trend..........the trend is your friend..............wish i had listened to myself!

Steve regarding tinkering...i havnt played with concepts trades since the first 2 weeks..i trust the system but i am trying to learn this game too........hoping concept make up for my mistakes!!

Steve/Andy

I havent traded currencies and dont realy understand what makes them move. Looking at the current GBP/USD trade concept suggested the price has moved away from the trigger. Does anyone think its worth buying now? Concept must have their reasons for thinking it was moving up, now its down more than 225pips from their trigger its presumably an even better buy at this point? This is obviously an independant trade and not in the concept account. Any thoughts anyone.

Avtar

Hi Avtar,

If you are doing a trade independently of Concept, then you must do your analysis completely independently of Concept. Trying to imagine what Concept's reasons are is futile and will only distract you.

Some of Concept's algorithms clearly do not match human thinking, or even good trading practice. But it works!

With the trades being placed EOD, it does not matter what the pair does until it triggers. It may be that the trade takes 3-4 days to come good, and all we can do is wait until it does.

The $ is strong, and the £ weak at the moment. Lost of Euro news is coming out about the credit crunch, inflation, and economic slow down. These will all influence the feeling of the pair in the industry. It is a volatile time at the moment, and hopefully this pair will get better. How nice it would have been if the last trade on this pair was to go short when it broke that support barrier. Oh well, we can only dream.

I'm quite disappointed to see no recent results on the Concept website. Does anyone know a reason for that? I suppose they're all too busy carting off suitcases full of cash to the bank......

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for lots of sound advice. Resistance levels/breakouts...
Sometimes you dont know what you dont know, if you see what I mean. I'll simply stick religiously to the alerts and not try to tinker - cheers all.

10days in, so far have lost 1 trade and no wins. Doesnt fill you with joy but early days yet I guess.
Avtar

I spoke to Concept before I purchased about results and they only load them 2 or 3 times a month. Seeing as it's holiday time they may only be down to 2 times a month. I would expect to see one over the next few days or maybe they are waiting for the next triggers to give them a profit and then put them in.

Looks like Ster
I'm quite dissapointed to see no recent results on the Concept website. Does anyone know a reason for that? I suppose they're all too busy carting off suitcases full of cash to the bank......

Try plotting a list of updates verses results....

.....just for your own interest......

.....trading profits of course!

Scanjet,

Do you actually use Concept?

If you did, you would not still be making your petty comments from the touchline? If you have sound reasons for knocking Concept or its vendor, based on real fact, could you share them with those of us naive enough to have bought it, and who are now using it, and finding it a valuable trading experience.

I refer you to my post on the FX53 thread here:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/480131-post55.html

Has anyone just been entered into the EURCHF trade on IGIndex???

I had it set up on Capital Spreads and IG, but IG has not triggered, as it used the buy price, and not the current price. The low for the day has hit 16107, but the spread did not kick in.

Just something to look out for.

Anyone triggered in yet on eurchf? I am not but I was just looked at the graph and there was a drop that could have triggered. Just need to know if I have to call IG

Jason

Have you triggered in on Capital Spreads?
Has anyone just been entered into the EURCHF trade on IGIndex???

I had it set up on Capital Spreads and IG, but IG has not triggered, as it used the buy price, and not the current price. The low for the day has hit 16107, but the spread did not kick in.

Just something to look out for.

I did not have enough funds in Capital, but it would have triggered.

I was doing that deliberately, so that I got an instant alert if anything triggered. I prefer to trade on IG, as the platform is easier to use, and is less prone to making errors

I manually opened the trade on IG, and is doing OK at the moment.

Just spoke to concept and they are going to look to see if they have gone live. They will advise and I'll let you know.

I did not have enough funds in Capital, but it would have triggered.

I was doing that deliberately, so that I got an instant alert if anything triggered. I prefer to trade on IG, as the platform is easier to use, and is less prone to making errors

I manually opened the trade on IG, and is doing OK at the moment.

Capital and IG show that pair as going down to 16107, so it should have triggered. Depending on the spread and the BUY price will determine if it triggers. It definately triggered on Capital

Scanjet,
I refer you to my post on the FX53 thread here:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/480131-post55.html

Awesome stuff, Sandy.

I make my money from Forex and sports betting. I am bombarded by get-rich systems for both Forex and sports betting, together with stock-market sure-fire winners. I have a large investment in stocks but find it easier to trade forex on a daily basis due to the larger capitalisation and reduced manipulation (but brokers will hunt for your stops).

I am happy to be open-minded regarding get-rich investments. Please post all your results for all the employed robots and systems in your summer collection.

I use IQfeed for forex data and MIG-FX for trading.