Cable 2010

i've just reversed short 5696 stop 5709 looking for the bottom of this weeks range now, can't see a breakout from the range weve had over last week, not to the upside at the moment anyway.

IMO still downtrend, but I'm not trading. Today can afford only one more loss, so I'll wait for NY to open.

BTW What's your target Vaco?

Last edited:
Thanks, i also shorted at 714 this morning, but while the price was just above the pivot i moved my stop to 94 and waited to get stopped out. I noticed you posted a similar trade but got out near the pivot. Did you think it was going to bounce off the pivot?

First trade stop was above today's high. Must say second trade stop was rubbish and just a guess.
BTW You could have taken more pips, but I would do the same +22pips in a minute is enough IMO.

The temporary support around 670 had me wary, usually we see a bigger range than this by midday. Now it would seem its going to break down through the pivot

Broke through the pivot 5pips (previous 15m candle). It is a downtrend. May wait for a pull back and enter short (unless it's a massive pull back) Don't favour break outs today (PA quite choppy).

PS I'll wait till 14:15 (see how it goes through NY open). It's been indecisive for the last hour.

PPS A nice move down - got a bit of profit. Now may wait for a change in a trend.

Last edited:
May go for a speculative long (with tiny stop) based on daily range and spiky 15m candle, unless price goes below the low of spiky c.

Long 636 stop 625

Last edited:
Still long bedsit?

Sorry Alex - I was asleep - woke up early this morning.
Just got out at +55

Well, could have waited a bit - anyway shouldn't complain - more than 10% gain today
If I was not trigger happy could have been extra 50pips in last 10min

Last edited:
big move up at the end of london session. I just shorted at 734. Really dont want to wipe out my pofit after such a good day but im thinking medium term trend is down and 750 has been tested as good resistance a few times.. stop at 780

I can see high on daily charts at 765.1. I would like a short, but with a smaller risk (when catching tops and bottoms I prefer small stops)

May stop at R2 775

Short 765 stop 783

out -18

Last edited:
nice position, great patience. Hope cable doesnt break up or i will feel like a rookie once again

I went through this experience before - lost a lot of trades trying to catch tops and bottoms.
Because of that very rarely do that nowadays and only with smallest possible stops.

Managed to wipe out the days profits, dissappointing. The worst part is i dont see where i went wrong. I take it you tend to buy or sell late into an intraday trend?

Alex,
IMO maybe your stop was too big. Catching bottoms and tops is highly speculative (trading against the trend). I tend to reduce size and put tight stops for these sort of trades. Also I wouldn't go for second one if the first doesn't work.
Do you have rules regarding max risk per trade?

Most often I trade with a trend - trying to catch it at an early stage (as early as pos)

PS today i made some good trades, but didn't let my profit run (trade where I cought the bottom) - which is quite a mistake: exit at 691 instead of 791 - that's 100 pips extra if I was more patient.

Last edited: