Brexit - in or out

whatever the outcome - its gonna be a long day and longer night as I intend to be trading as much as possible next 48 hours

opportunies like this don't come along that often to make serious serious money in the markets

its like the cup final , world cup and Olympics all in one day :smart:

N

. . . I think it is funny that a Peruvian-born immigrant in the UK is a Tory. . .
Not half as funny (or misguided) as you thinking I'm on the far left hhiusa!
:LOL:

. . .opportunies like this don't come along that often to make serious serious money in the markets. . .
. . . or lose serious serious money NVP - mind how you go!
Tim.

Tim.

I thought all the south American's brought into UK politics were just for Mandy!

Brexit is certainly providing a superb level of volatility in the markets so far

Yen got clobbered !!!!
over 200 pip selloff on yen .......
EJ to + 220 pips since early London , UJ to +100
GU buys cleared the 100 pip mark
ucad sells to -100 pips

can we ask them to extend this through tomorrow ?..hahahaha :)

N :)

Tim.

minding ......minding .........thanks :smart:

I saw that and it's appalling and of course all TV let Cameron off the hook with the lies and nonsense time and again and many worthy stories didn't get airtime at all.

let's hope the EU ban supporting National broadcasters soon.

The following assumes an establishment remain vote.

There's a stark lesson here in that everything can be manipulated so it sits firmly where the establishment intend it to be and just how difficult it is to break through all the layers of BS.

Farage is a classic example of someone who has had to put in an extraordinary amount of work just to get the issues heard, let alone gain traction. Love him or hate him, he should be awarded a knighthood for his sheer tenacity in getting this far. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't even be having this referendum.

The amount of outright lies, manipulation and scaremongering coming from the establishment over this issue has gone into overdrive and I expect it will all be picked apart over the coming months.

Assuming a leave vote.

What's also striking is that no matter how high up the ladder they need to go looking for a fall guy, PM, Chancellor, etc, they will be seen to be doing just enough to satisfy the general public, but the system will be maintained at all cost and that is the real intention.

A knighthood for Farage?!
Doesn't that imply condoning his anti-immigrant, inflammatory views?
Not to mention his support from the neo-nazi extreme right !

opportunies like this don't come along that often to make serious serious money in the markets

its like the cup final , world cup and Olympics all in one day :smart:

N

The opportunity is well gone I think. The markets disregarded the Brexit fear on Monday.
Last week was great though

Doesn't that imply condoning his anti-immigrant, inflammatory views?
Not to mention his support from the neo-nazi extreme right !

I thought his position was very clear.

Opening up immigration to the world, attracting the best talent as opposed to letting in any amount of unskilled just because we are in the EU.

Running this alongside a points system which would control the numbers and increase the skills level.

The other side of the argument is no control and a free for all.

Yeah, I'll bet my house and everything in it (wife included) that that never happens. There is something to admire about him I suppose (said he, grudgingly), but I can't help think that the Brexit camp would be better off without him. And Gove and Boris too for that matter. Fortunately, the remain camp are almost as bad. I bet Cameron 'n Co are kicking themselves that they didn't 'recruit' the likes of Sheila Hancock much earlier on and shoved her in front of a camera at every opportunity. She was the star of the Paxman debate last night which, contrary to the view expressed by Atilla earlier (possibly on the Poll thread), was a total shambles IMO. That said, sheila definitely pressed a lot of buttons for a lot of people, which just goes to show (I think), that if you've got one or two really strong personalities - they can carry the day. Sure, Farage is a personality all right, just not the right one to front a contest of this sort. (Don't mention the poster!) Just my £0.02p of course.
Tim.

The following assumes an establishment remain vote.

There's a stark lesson here in that everything can be manipulated so it sits firmly where the establishment intend it to be and just how difficult it is to break through all the layers of BS.

Farage is a classic example of someone who has had to put in an extraordinary amount of work just to get the issues heard, let alone gain traction. Love him or hate him, he should be awarded a knighthood for his sheer tenacity in getting this far. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't even be having this referendum.

The amount of outright lies, manipulation and scaremongering coming from the establishment over this issue has gone into overdrive and I expect it will all be picked apart over the coming months.

Assuming a leave vote.

What's also striking is that no matter how high up the ladder they need to go looking for a fall guy, PM, Chancellor, etc, they will be seen to be doing just enough to satisfy the general public, but the system will be maintained at all cost and that is the real intention.

Next you will be telling me that the UK would go to war based on made up stuff!

Come on get real, no chance.

Tim.

I mean no disrespect in calling you a leftist. Most Tories do not qualify as right-wing in my eyes. You are not on the far left, but you certainly are closer to the left than the right. I feel like England has two choices: far off the deep-end left and center left.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll bet my house and everything in it (wife included) that that never happens. There is something to admire about him I suppose (said he, grudgingly), but I can't help think that the Brexit camp would be better off without him. And Gove and Boris too for that matter. Fortunately, the remain camp are almost as bad. I bet Cameron 'n Co are kicking themselves that they didn't 'recruit' the likes of Sheila Hancock much earlier on and shoved her in front of a camera at every opportunity. She was the star of the Paxman debate last night which, contrary to the view expressed by Atilla earlier (possibly on the Poll thread), was a total shambles IMO. That said, sheila definitely pressed a lot of buttons for a lot of people, which just goes to show (I think), that if you've got one or two really strong personalities - they can carry the day. Sure, Farage is a personality all right, just not the right one to front a contest of this sort. (Don't mention the poster!) Just my £0.02p of course.
Tim.

Of course, he won't get any sort of award, they will make sure of that. Not that he would want One anyway. The awards system is another area i'm sure he would love to get stuck in to :LOL:

Point of order. Farage wasn't invited into the official leave camp. However, it wasn't long before they adopted most of his policies, like the points system.

On the Paxman debate.
Do women of a certain age lose the plot or wot? :LOL: Sandie Shaw, Selina Scott. woof woof bonkers !

In the US, immigrants are on the left, especially those from South America.

No point explaining my post I will get another infraction.

Now I will get back to the task at hand a lot of heavy shirts here and they wont lift themselves.

No point explaining my post I will get another infraction.

Now I will get back to the task at hand a lot of heavy shirts here and they wont lift themselves.

Like most of your posts on this thread, I am sure it was a throw-away. No explanation needed. We all know how you have mastered sarcasm and facetiousness.

Like most of your posts on this thread, I am sure it was a throw-away. No explanation needed. We all know how you have mastered sarcasm and facetiousness.

Dunno wot u on about guvnor, wivout yur dixshonary planations and those huuuuuge words, over me head if im been str8 up.

Mangetout mangetout

Dunno wot u on about guvnor, wivout yur dixshonary planations and those huuuuuge words, over me head if im been str8 up.

Mangetout mangetout

Well FI thread protegé, do you want to start speaking QE again and join the Brexit conversation?

While it may seem obvious now that the pound is strengthening, there were a few on this thread and forum that said the pound would plummet.

In the US, immigrants are on the left, especially those from South America.

Brexit anywhere?

Or lets ready the index finger and say who thought something that proved wrong was wrong.

It's finished now and I wanted out but seems another of my wishes will be unfulfilled and this day next week we will be thinking about NFP and will last months poor numbers continue.

Personally I find nothing positive to say about any extremist, be they Farage and his mob or Corbyn and his lot. To be an extremist you have to be unnuanced and willfully blind to many facts and much of reality.
Just look at the hinterland of support for the likes of Farage and Corbyn. Intolerance and hatred are the underlying spirit whatever their weasel words as they try to appear reasonable to people and often appeal to their baser instincts.