Brexit - in or out

What I see is you trying to score a cheap shot on the back of what is a tragedy.

I haven't mention the subject nor commented anything much all week.

You raised it. I replied. In fact I don't think anyone has said anything much on the subject on this thread at all since the event.

Either answer a simple question or move on Mr know-it-all. :(

I haven't mention the subject nor commented anything much all week.

You raised it. I replied. In fact I don't think anyone has said anything much on the subject on this thread at all since the event.

Either answer a simple question or move on Mr know-it-all. :(

I didn't raise it. It was a reply to Sam. What planet are you on again?

Those extrapolations are your argument and you can stick em somewhere the sun don't shine.

Getting tired of your tripe too with all your daft references to cut and paste and funny faces. Why don't you write a letter to T2W and impose your ideas on how bloggers should use the smilies and hyperlinks instead of bitching here about your likes and dislikes.

Get your head out my hairy ar5e and kindly naff off.

Delighted to hear you have me on ignore. Thanks (y)

An awful lot of what is written here is rubbish.

Your post referencing the mindless killing of a woman, mother and wife by a nutter and linking it to Brexit I found genuinely repugnant and wondered what kind of person could do that. Seriously it was the only real offensive thing I have read on this site. I would ask what is in your head coming up with that but really who cares, it is the fact you could do that speaks reams for you already.

An awful lot of what is written here is rubbish.

Your post referencing the mindless killing of a woman, mother and wife by a nutter and linking it to Brexit I found genuinely repugnant and wondered what kind of person could do that. Seriously it was the only real offensive thing I have read on this site. I would ask what is in your head coming up with that but really who cares, it is the fact you could do that speaks reams for you already.

I really think you should move away from me Nick. Please.

The whole country is discussing this issue.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...mising-extremist-anti-immigrant-a7088831.html

Once again I reiterate, if you find my links and funny faces annoying you, report it to T2W's on how they should better forum usage and get them to remove the emotive icons which you seem to have got under your bonnet.

Front news on all the papers.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-36569351

Now go and point your petty silly little claws at all those headlines.

Thanks (y)

I see you are having problems finding the ignore button. Whilst you are talking usage policy ask them where it is. Thanks again. (y)(y)

I really think you should move away from me Nick. Please.

The whole country is discussing this issue.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...mising-extremist-anti-immigrant-a7088831.html

Once again I reiterate, if you find my links and funny faces annoying you, report it to T2W's on how they should better forum usage and get them to remove the emotive icons which you seem to have got under your bonnet.

Front news on all the papers.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-the-papers-36569351

Now go and point your petty silly little claws at all those headlines.

Thanks (y)

I see you are having problems finding the ignore button. Whilst you are talking usage policy ask them where it is. Thanks again. (y)(y)

More links in an effort to deflect.

You can't even take ownership of your disgusting post. Do you have any formed opinions or will you look for an answer in another newspaper for that too.

More links in an effort to deflect.

You can't even take ownership of your disgusting post. Do you have any formed opinions or will you look for an answer in another newspaper for that too.

I think I've made my point.

You are suffering from obsession and I don't know quite how to tell you to go away and leave me alone.

Watch this great movie and have a few lafs mate. You are becoming far too obsessed and I'm not enjoying your attention up my rear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyU6SonN6mc&list=PLF64KnK4-nPtx4Xvvg5AkA494Pfr0mQto

This may be my last post to you.
(y)

I'm in the process of selling my house and, touch wood, have found a buyer. Our prospective purchaser is a GP who is a senior partner in a Birmingham based practice. I asked her what her views are on the referendum and her reply was interesting. She said that she'll vote to stay in, however, she added that if I'd asked which way she'd vote purely in terms of what's best for the NHS, she'd vote to leave without hesitation. When I asked why, she explained that the service simply can't cope with the increasing demands and financial constraints placed on it by the ever larger number of people using it. By way of example, she said that a significant percentage of people arriving on our shores have AIDS and that the medication they require costs in the region of £1,000 per month per person. This has nothing to do with race, religion or sexual orientation: it's simply about a service that can't cope with the massive demands placed upon it by people who come here from all over the world to take advantage of it.

Be that as it may, for me, the whole debate can be summarized quite succinctly with this simple choice:
Remain: enjoy short term gain - suffer long term pain.
Leave: suffer short term pain - enjoy long term gain.

I'd actually like to vote remain as the idea of the EU is one that, in principle, I support. Sadly, it simply doesn't work. A nice idea that's gone badly wrong and is getting worse by the day. So, I'm afraid it's a no brainer for me - I'm voting out.
Tim.

So, I'm afraid it's a no brainer for me - I'm voting out.
Tim.

If i could bother to vote id vote out. Ultimately, dont make much difference. Cos either way we gona get ours! Bunch o mugs :LOL:

6099-darktone-albums-general-3-picture4118-skulls.jpg

If i could bother to vote id vote out. Ultimately, dont make much difference. Cos either way we gona get ours! Bunch o mugs :LOL:

6099-darktone-albums-general-3-picture4118-skulls.jpg

This is exactly my take not just on Brexit but the news in general. Let the herd argue over it while I make money regardless of the circumstances.

@Atilla

Traders would be wise to start to pay greater focus to the European banking sector, where both investment and sub-investment grade credit default swaps (CDS) are once again on the move higher and worryingly eyeing January highs. Bond yield spreads between Southern European countries and German debt are widening and this is a huge negative for European banking system. We need to remember just how exposed European banks are to their domestic bonds (given their exposure on the balance sheet), so if yields rise, the markets’ perception of the asset quality deteriorates. Names like Deutsche and Unicredit will become central to sentiment in all markets if we see a vote to ‘Brexit’ and the hugely overleveraged European banking system could be in trouble. It’s this issue above all others that would be keeping me awake as a consideration for the vote.

On the other hand, if we see a vote to ‘remain’, then these spreads will come in nicely and European markets will absolutely fly. Long Stoxx 50, short S&P 500 will be very compelling trade for traders who are happy to somewhat take the macro out of the equation, given the Stoxx50/S&P 500 ratio has run so far so fast, as we can see from the chart and the line of best fit. Everyone will be focused on FTSE and rightly GBP, but for me the most interesting dynamic will be what happens to European yield spreads and the knock-on effect to the banking system.
What a loada bullcr@p :D. But seriously i dont understand a word you said there and i think youre too sexy :LOL:
Sorry I meant foxy! I definitely meant foxy!! :)

Last edited:
Heard that a deal has been struck in Whitehall.

After the referendum, nobody will lose their seat and Government will continue as before irrespective of outcome.

This is to ensure market stability and continuity of government. So we are told.

Alternatively, this could be spin to guise the fact that a referendum is non-binding and does not constitute or becomes law. Only parliament can do that. So this referendum is simply the public letting the politicians and EU know how they really feel. A bit of titillation for the masses one can say.

Hope you are all feeling titillated :cool:

Heard that a deal has been struck in Whitehall.

After the referendum, nobody will lose their seat and Government will continue as before irrespective of outcome.

This is to ensure market stability and continuity of government. So we are told.

Alternatively, this could be spin to guise the fact that a referendum is non-binding and does not constitute or becomes law. Only parliament can do that. So this referendum is simply the public letting the politicians and EU know how they really feel. A bit of titillation for the masses one can say.

Hope you are all feeling titillated :cool:

Atilla, is it possible for an MP to lose his seat, other than resignation, death or elections?

In most European countries, it is the seat that is won. Afterwards, the party puts someone, of its own choice, into that seat. Although, at election time, all the names are listed for the electorate to see, most people do not know who they are and there is no guarantee that they will represent a particular area, as happens in the UK.

I understand that this referendum is binding. While Cameron is PM, it would be, IMO, political disaster for him to change his mind. What would happen with future governments is something else but, once out, it would be extremely difficult to get back in.

Last edited:
Atilla, is it possible for an MP to lose his seat, other than resignation, death or elections?

In most European countries, it is the seat that is won. Afterwards, the party puts someone, of its own choice, into that seat. Although, at election time, all the names are listed for the electorate to see, most people do not know who they are and there is no guarantee that they will represent a particular area, as happens in the UK.

Meant more in terms Cameron continuing to lead with his current cabinet members, all as they are / were etc.

Gove was a gonner really as pretty much the whole education system hates him along with the teaching profession. If the vote is in difficult to see Cameron giving him some new office. Dept of Trade and Industry perhaps. Get those exports up by end of the month, should suit him just right.

I'm in the process of selling my house and, touch wood, have found a buyer. Our prospective purchaser is a GP who is a senior partner in a Birmingham based practice. I asked her what her views are on the referendum and her reply was interesting. She said that she'll vote to stay in, however, she added that if I'd asked which way she'd vote purely in terms of what's best for the NHS, she'd vote to leave without hesitation. When I asked why, she explained that the service simply can't cope with the increasing demands and financial constraints placed on it by the ever larger number of people using it. By way of example, she said that a significant percentage of people arriving on our shores have AIDS and that the medication they require costs in the region of £1,000 per month per person. This has nothing to do with race, religion or sexual orientation: it's simply about a service that can't cope with the massive demands placed upon it by people who come here from all over the world to take advantage of it.

Be that as it may, for me, the whole debate can be summarized quite succinctly with this simple choice:

I'd actually like to vote remain as the idea of the EU is one that, in principle, I support. Sadly, it simply doesn't work. A nice idea that's gone badly wrong and is getting worse by the day. So, I'm afraid it's a no brainer for me - I'm voting out.
Tim.

Hi Tim,

www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk has tons of stats on the NHS. Here is one on EU migrations.

http://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/blog/facts-eu-immigration-and-pressure-nhs

Bear in mind though approx half of the 300K migrants coming in are from non-EU countries which brexit will have no impact and current government should in theory be able to address.

The largets current cost is mental health which includes dementia and then it's heart adn circulation both related to old age.

NHS funding is marginally below in % terms from that of France, Germany and OECD countries. Has been for quite some time now.

:idea:

Having said all that, heard on the radio 40% of Birmingham country of origin from abroad predominantly the old Common Wealth. 20% are muslim. So if anyone goes to hospital there experience may be different to else where.

Nevertheless, the core cost of rise in NHS is more to do with collective rise in cost of medicine, improvement in treatment relating to pharmaceutical industry and scientific r&d.

How Brexit will solve these issues remains to be seen?

Tim.

If you haven't already done so, you should read the beginning of the first volume of The Story of Civilization, particularly with regard to how and why societies are organized. The EU itself, along with other "governmental" bodies, much less whether or not to belong to it, is largely a distraction from the central issue.

Tim.

This is definitely a "Come to Jesus" statement from you and I am glad. I have been saying something similar about NHS for a while. You think the NHS is ailing now that it has 65+ million people to care for. The NHS cannot handle it. There is 742 million people in EU and millions more who are undocumented. That means that there are plenty of people in the EU to flood the UK, increasing the pressure on the NHS.

If the NHS is ailing at 65 million, imagine trying to do that for 311 million people in the US. Socialized medicine may be a great idea, but when the rubber meets the road, it tends to fall apart.

If what your doctor friend says is true, the UK will have to do more than leave the EU to prevent the failure of the NHS. The problem also lies within. However, leaving the EU will be a step in the right direction.

A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.

There will be a move to oust Cameron if the Brexit happens, meaning his Project Fear failed. I have heard more recently that he will be ousted regardless of the vote. There is also rumours that the Tories might back Boris Johnson.

I think he would be a good choice.

If you haven't already done so, you should read the beginning of the first volume of The Story of Civilization, particularly with regard to how and why societies are organized. The EU itself, along with other "governmental" bodies, much less whether or not to belong to it, is largely a distraction from the central issue.

Please elaborate.