Brexit - in or out

While your busy doing that, i agreed fully with the common market, but like many, not into how this as morphed into a political union......:D

But it hasn't morphed into a political union, it was always intended to be one. National politicians across Europe could not face selling such an idea to the voters and have therefore always referred to the economic framework and its advantages or disadvantages as if that was the sole aim. Even the phrase "common market" was invented by our own politicians to avoid referring to the EEC, EC or EU.

The glue and/or the incentive for European political union is economic integration of the member states. On that front, there is no doubt that our economic position today is comparatively healthy and continuing to improve.

While on the political front, there is no doubt that we will retain greater political influence if we can retain EU membership so that we can increase our influence through Brussels. (And if we don't, Germany will).

Except that in India they recently were able to make rather tough demands on Apple if they want access to the local market. That would not be possible if India were part of an EU type deal.

It is not so much a matter of "deals" but, as I said, the nature of globalization. Adopting a narrow view with regard to events in one's own country distracts from the bigger picture. The US is particularly bad in this regard, largely due perhaps to the general ignorance of and apathy regarding anything that happens beyond its shores.

We aren't ever going to agree, different lives etc, example, the other day you talked about British engineering, or lack of it, my answer to that is "so what", some businesses will fold, some will prosper, and some will be new, i don't fear it, i've lived with change all my life, its when people are at their best, sticks a bit of lead in the old pencil, and regardless of your doubts, this country for all it decline still has some bloody good people who will see opportunity, grow this country again, Hell we have before, why not again.

How does Brexit change the good men working their stuf now? Does the EU prevent them in some way?

What are you afraid of man. I'm afraid of the UK going down the pan and losing her status as the Global Financial Centre with jobs going to EU.

Afraid of pensions plummeting along with our company valuations

Afraid of rising burden of taxation v aging population

Afraid of UK wealth diminishing by virtue of currency depreciation v rest of World

Afraid isolation

Afraid of unemployment as we do not have much to produce

You are worried about the financial upheaval if we leave, well, give it 12 months and it will all settle down, and what on earth makes you think the Euro will be stronger against Sterling, its the same now as it was in 2010, my bet is it will be weaker, certainly not enough difference for you to doubt your longterm plans.

Im going to sit this out now as enough has been said on both sides, whatever the outcome, i wish you well......:)

Same to you me amigo,
Best wishes.

Last edited:
Next weeks news today. ( in line with "everything is known in advance" )

We will be voting leave the EU.

A letter has already been signed by the Brexit leading lights, as agreed with govt leaders, that post Brexit Cameron will stay as leader, unchallenged, to provide govt stability in the interim period whilst negotiating with the EU and possible kick starting trade talks with the rest of the world.

If the remainians thought they had any hope of winning the vote, this agreement would not be needed, so they are at last coming to their senses and planning for the event.

I expect Cameron will then revert to his original rhetoric by assuring everyone that the UK can survive and prosper outside the EU.

In my opinion, this about turn will happen very quickly as the financial markets will need reassurance that everything will be ok for the UK.
However, I very much doubt that the EU will not be adversely affected and I expect their attempts to reassure the markets will be protracted and they could possibly fail.

Last edited:
I thought that the turnout was just over 40% of the electorate in previous general elections

It turns out that I was very wrong on that score, it being more like 60%+.

That makes me more satisfied that the ref turnout will be high.

The conspiracy theorists have already started to say Jo Cox murder was planted to sway the vote. Despicable behaviour and no respect for her or the family she leaves behind.

Last edited:
The conspiracy theorists have already started to say Jo Cox murder was planted to sway the vote. Despicable behaviour and no respect for her or the family she leaves behind.

There ae all types, including the one who killed her. All senseless, mindless behaviour that is impossible to understand by the rest of the community.

Not a great advertisment for the leave campaign

The man charged with the murder of Labour MP Jo Cox has appeared in court and been remanded in custody.
Thomas Mair gave his name as "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain" when he appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36567005

Apparently there are 800,000 expats in Spain. Thought there were only about 250K.

Growing trend with people preferring to retire there?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ish-expats-enjoying-sunny-spain-10167638.html

Provided that the currency exchange, from their pensions and savings, is favourable--the cost of living, too, I suppose-- they'll stay. If they find everything getting expensive, they'll sell up and go home. They did before, in the last crisis.

I can't put myself in that category because I don't depend on UK pension. TBH, I don't know any Brits, at all, living in Cataluña. That's the way life has turned out for me and one reason for chatting with you guys. I've got all the online radio emissions that I need to keep me up to date on the usual pickles you all get into.:) Nothing changes, much, although my English friend tells me that I would not recognise London, these days.

As an addition to my last post, I note that that Independent article is over a year old. The comment about not liking Ed Milliband made me look at the date. The pound has got stronger over the last year and that is good for, both, pensioners and the Spanish tourist industry. Notice that a lot live in enclaves. That's because of language and it's a pity.

Bullish levels for Brexit are reaching an extreme. Resistance levels and overbought, hmmm....

Will it bounce before Thursday? Are we at a pivot? What wave are we in?

Really predicting the outcome is as easy as XABCD.

Volume has reduced, will we get a resumption of momentum. Action going sideways at the moment.

Lots of news and noise. Fundamental announcement next Friday could pay dividends.

The winning or the misery, fear and greed, it's all there, for the taking.

Bumpy ride before, during and after, a one off event in human psychology and computer programming, pre-meditated but unpredictable.

Other than sex, what could be more exciting then the EU Referendum [emoji482]

Last edited:
Agreed will be a very fun week in the markets......like the NFP but on steroids......

Talking abroad the wife would love a place in the sun but I keep saying that gpb euro is too weak for me to do it.........Jees may be in trouble by next week if it goes the way I think

Need to find another excuse........I love the sun but need decent infrastructure and internet to trade ........and mañana is not in my vocabulary

N

Not a great advertisment for the leave campaign

The man charged with the murder of Labour MP Jo Cox has appeared in court and been remanded in custody.
Thomas Mair gave his name as "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain" when he appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36567005

TBH Sam, this guy is obviously a deranged loonytoon. I don't think there's much else to say about that. It certainly has nothing to do with this debate and referendum.

TBH Sam, this guy is obviously a deranged loonytoon. I don't think there's much else to say about that. It certainly has nothing to do with this debate and referendum.

I think it almost certainly does!

I'm not saying people discussing brexit are racist but there are extreme racist elements who are in the brexit camp ranks. Albeit a very small percentage but never the less they are there.

As always there is a spectrum of opinions and polar extremes. We have seen one quiet man who has been festering an intense hatred to the point of punching, kicking, stabbing and shooting in the face an innocent woman.

That is a lot of hatred.

These loonytoon deranged bodies are in your ranks. Are they numbered in tens, hundreds or more?

As always I'm sure you're right again and this has absolutely nothing to do with brexit debate, knowing everything, perhaps you can explain to us why he chose to kill a white English humanitarian Yorkshire lass?

:(

I'm not saying people discussing brexit are racist but there are extreme racist elements who are in the brexit camp ranks. Albeit a very small percentage but never the less they are there.

As always there is a spectrum of opinions and polar extremes. We have seen one quiet man who has been festering an intense hatred to the point of punching, kicking, stabbing and shooting in the face an innocent woman.

That is a lot of hatred.

These loonytoon deranged bodies are in your ranks. Are they numbered in tens, hundreds or more?

As always I'm sure you're right again and this has absolutely nothing to do with brexit debate, knowing everything, perhaps you can explain to us why he chose to kill a white English humanitarian Yorkshire lass?

What I see is you trying to score a cheap shot on the back of what is a tragedy.

That is a lot of hatred.

As usual another complete load of tosh from you.

So to extrapolate your argument a step further, interspersed with the remain voters are an unhealthy amount of Muslim loving, give the country away bunch..

Really after your copied and pasted narrow views, which you pass as opinions have now hit a new low. Really I was better leaving you on ignore as it seems you are quite incapable of mature and reasoned debate.

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual another complete load of tosh from you.

So to extrapolate your argument a step further, interspersed with the remain voters are an unhealthy amount of Muslim loving, give the country away bunch of shirt lifters.

Really after your copied and pasted narrow views, which you pass as opinions have now hit a new low. Really I was better leaving you on ignore as it seems you are quite incapable of mature and reasoned debate.

Those extrapolations are your argument and you can stick em somewhere the sun don't shine.

Getting tired of your tripe too with all your daft references to cut and paste and funny faces. Why don't you write a letter to T2W and impose your ideas on usage policy, how bloggers should use the smilies and hyperlinks instead of bitching here about your likes and dislikes.

Get your head out my hairy ar5e and kindly naff off.

Delighted to hear you have me on ignore. Thanks (y)

Last edited: