Brexit - in or out

I agree Joe, he is the man for the job. I just wish these people would stop trying to take us all for fools.

So much promise, so little backbone ! I feel for him though, he is getting it from all sides, Obama's guys are slapping him, the Euro-fats are slapping him !! Doing a job that pays relatively little until you start doing the dinner speech rounds.

What would Nige' do ?

Oh man, we're doomed :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a theory.
Remain politicians probably like being in the EU. It's another prop they can use to blame when things are not going so well for them.:LOL:

Latest betting odds.

Attachments

• 14-06-16.PNG
    14-06-16.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 90
Somewhat surprising that the main offenders of the footie riots have not been arrested by the French police. In a remarkable bit of double think they have instead arrested some of the victims of Russian violence.
The strain at the top of the EU has shown up their weaknesses again. Nice to Russia but antagonistic to their friends and partners. There should be an inquiry about this blatant bias or do we have to have Mr. Putin's authorisation now ?

Somewhat surprising that the main offenders of the footie riots have not been arrested by the French police. In a remarkable bit of double think they have instead arrested some of the victims of Russian violence.
The strain at the top of the EU has shown up their weaknesses again. Nice to Russia but antagonistic to their friends and partners. There should be an inquiry about this blatant bias or do we have to have Mr. Putin's authorisation now ?

We shouldn't be surprised at the EU's incompetence. It's what they do best.

The Russian mob were wise enough not to throw bottles at the police - that's what did for the Brits not any EU bias.

You guys really do take the biscuit - you'll be blaming the EU for the bloody fly that's just landed in my coffee next.

"Skills shortage warning if UK votes for Brexit"

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/14553551.Skills_shortage_warning_if_UK_votes_for_Brexit/

"Britain today is a magnet for international talent, from finance to tech to the NHS. Leaving the EU will make it much more difficult to attract the brightest and best. It will mean more bureaucracy for those coming to Britain and salaries could be less competitive, especially if sterling falls, as many warn it could."

so an open door policy where anyone with an eu passport equates to the brightest and the best. This logic is revolutionary and should be pinned up to the wall next to the village idiot.

The Russian mob were wise enough not to throw bottles at the police - that's what did for the Brits not any EU bias.

You guys really do take the biscuit - you'll be blaming the EU for the bloody fly that's just landed in my coffee next.

I'll get back to you in a min.

Just penning a letter to the 5 EU presidents to demand that they take action to prevent the possibility of fly's falling into cups. A simple fly screen cup cover should do the trick, disposable of course, we wouldn't want any nasty germs getting trapped in the mesh because the user didn't clean it properly.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/14553551.Skills_shortage_warning_if_UK_votes_for_Brexit/

"Britain today is a magnet for international talent, from finance to tech to the NHS. Leaving the EU will make it much more difficult to attract the brightest and best. It will mean more bureaucracy for those coming to Britain and salaries could be less competitive, especially if sterling falls, as many warn it could."

so an open door policy where anyone with an eu passport equates to the brightest and the best. This logic is revolutionary and should be pinned up to the wall next to the village idiot.

Even for you it's a bit of a leap to say that wanting to attract EU talent to help fill our skills shortage is equivalent of saying that "an eu passport equates to the brightest and the best".

As I said earlier, my local hospital would likely grind to a halt without the doctors and nurses it has from the EU.

The Aossies have had the qualified immigration for decades. Westminster thinks it has just invented something new !

Even for you it's a bit of a leap to say that wanting to attract EU talent to help fill our skills shortage is equivalent of saying that "an eu passport equates to the brightest and the best".

As I said earlier, my local hospital would likely grind to a halt without the doctors and nurses it has from the EU.

And what a sorry state of affairs it is that we rely on EU to staff our hospitals.

Dare I suggest a complete change of mindset & get back to training our own workforce to staff the NHS.

Too radical eh !

There is way too much flannel & not enough accepting of the cold hard facts by the blind faith, the blind always stay blind.

If we leave it isn't going to happen over night and your local will still be able to accommodate you. We have 2 years to implement a skill based point system and within it a model that grants privileges or potentially permanent residence rights for skills within vital services. Haven't we been through this point already! Maybe you should move to the EU if you love it so much

If we leave it isn't going to happen over night and your local will still be able to accommodate you. We have 2 years to implement a skill based point system and within it a model that grants privileges or potentially permanent residence rights for skills within vital services. Haven't we been through this point already! Maybe you should move to the EU if you love it so much

It's not undying love - just that I think the pros outweigh the cons :)

It's such a shame that actual facts are so thin on the ground to help people decide. Most don't even seem to know how legislation is passed in the EU accepting the spin that it is forced on us by unelected bureaucrats which is totally untrue.

The point about NHS staff is moot. We have been recruiting qualified staff from outside the EU for years (Phillipines etc) a Brexit won't change that.

Brexit will just give our choice back to us to recruit who we choose in a controlled way just as we did before 2004.

This nurse training idea is already in place and my wife before she made the mistake of marrying me was training to become a nurse up in Newcastle Upon-Tyne, Victoria Infirmary.

She sadly/wisely gave up the early start with long hours and training for poor money, choosing to become a lady of leisure. :cool:

I think you'll find the nurses on these training courses are usually migrants too. They come over here, do the long hours and training for a while and then the smart and bright ones soon after they qualify leave for the USA where pay is considerably more.

Question you have to ask is how much does one have to increase pay to raise nursing numbers to get the endogenous pops to the migrant donks work?

Talk is cheap so they say. Ain't that the truth. ;)