Brexit and the Consequences

another quote from this guy

"Economic globalisation has political, cultural and demographic consequences that dissolve national borders, whether ancient or recent, along with local peculiarities and traditions. As the world becomes richer it becomes both more homogeneous and more difficult to govern from local centres of decision. "

Pretty much.

I thought Clegg had the monopoly on idiocy at One time but he has a worthy challenger now in Farron.
]

Yes, he's our local MP, please accept my humblest apologies on his behalf as he is just a rookie MP. thus not yet realised he is waaay out of his depth :eek:

There is a chap from the Independence Party on telly not happy with TM's speech???

You guys are happy right?

I don't quite get his gripe? He doesn't trust TM or Parliament to do the right thing.

Do you trust Parliament or the Independence Party or TM???

:rolleyes:

There is a chap from the Independence Party on telly not happy with TM's speech???

You guys are happy right?

I don't quite get his gripe? He doesn't trust TM or Parliament to do the right thing.

Do you trust Parliament or the Independence Party or TM???

If that's Nutall the UKIP Leader - I heard a brief comment from him - I think that May's probably put the $hits up him by achieving what UKIP wanted but in a politer, less confrontational, more business-like and less rabble-rousing way. May's also speaking to the two upcoming by-election voters who will be crucial to UKIP. One of UKIP's best cards was that the Conservatives weren't doing anything (now it's not fast enough - remind you of Labour when they run out of ideas?) - I reckon she's shot his fox. It'll be a test of UKIP's political skill to see what they do now. Isn't there an old marketing/advertising adage " don't knock the competition if their product's better or the same"?

If that's Nutall the UKIP Leader - I heard a brief comment from him - I think that May's probably put the $hits up him by achieving what UKIP wanted but in a politer, less confrontational, more business-like and less rabble-rousing way. May's also speaking to the two upcoming by-election voters who will be crucial to UKIP. One of UKIP's best cards was that the Conservatives weren't doing anything (now it's not fast enough - remind you of Labour when they run out of ideas?) - I reckon she's shot his fox. It'll be a test of UKIP's political skill to see what they do now. Isn't there an old marketing/advertising adage " don't knock the competition if their product's better or the same"?

Yep agree with your post. Don't know him, he may well be a leader of sorts. Not a face I recognised. Who are UKIP anyway? Do they have any MPs?

Shooting foxes not PC and I think you'd have more friends if you rephrase your explanatorations :cheesy:

Yep agree with your post. Don't know him, he may well be a leader of sorts. Not a face I recognised. Who are UKIP anyway? Do they have any MPs?

Shooting foxes not PC and I think you'd have more friends if you rephrase your explanatorations :cheesy:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
We'll be saying the same about Corbyn's lot one day (y)

16cu67.jpg

I read that there were a few remoaners bringing two more court cases to try and block brexit, one in the republic apparently.

Last edited:
What a great opportunity for people who live near the NI border. Goods and services will undoubtably be cheaper one side than the other. So a healthy cross border trade is envisaged.

What a great opportunity for people who live near the NI border. Goods and services will undoubtably be cheaper one side than the other. So a healthy cross border trade is envisaged.

If one doesn't spend ones lolly in NI and instead chooses to spend in Ireland (or vise-er-versa) where there is better value then is that extra new trade or just simply displacement of expenditure and income from one area to another?

If tariffs and border controls also applied then it could also mean queues and paperwork headaches.

. . .One has to ask the question why our disenfranchised bodies so arsie and have been led to thinking EU is the culprit?
Aw shucks - looks like the remainers were right all along. Damn! Oh well, let's just hope the people trying to derail Brexit get their way and we at least have a second referendum so that I - and all the other idiots who voted to leave - can make amends and vote remain!
:LOL: