Brexit and the Consequences

We could build a great big beautiful wall along the coast, and make France pay for it..:unsure:

We could build a great big beautiful wall along the coast, and make France pay for it..:unsure:

That would be a long beautiful wall Mike, but not very practical. See revised plan(y) Obviously, France would still pay for it.
revised wa.PNG

It would be better all round if the migrants stayed at home and built their own countries up. It is not as if there is nothing that needs doing there.
If they restricted their families to 2 children per couple they would soon be much better off instead of dumping them on Europe.
The do-gooders mean well but never have the will to tackle these problems meaningfully and get a solution to these problems.
They just kick the problems down the road making it worse for them and us.

This is where foreign aid should be directed, Building temporary safe shelter and funding refugees in a nearby country until its safe to return and towards rebuilding their homes, Furthermore, A coalition of world armies to step in and stop these conflicts before they escalate. World problems solved in a sentence.

I see China is NOT ruling out the use of force to retake Taiwan !
If the big boys misbehave regularly then it is an up hill battle to have a peaceful world.
Who said " scum floats to the top " ?

Furthermore, A coalition of world armies to step in and stop these conflicts before they escalate. World problems solved in a sentence.

The question is where would a coalition of armies come from? The UN is supposed to provide something that is akin to a world army coalition in the name of peacekeeping, the problem is when major contributors to the UN are the one's causing large problems through conflict in the first place.

It's fascinating to see Trump apparently making moves to withdraw from Afghan, Iraq, Syria etc but the Liberals don't like it. To me it looks like the Liberals are engaged in pure Trump hating and nothing to do with creating 'peace', if they cared about peace then why object to withdrawing US troops?

Army Barmy. The EU is as guilty as the rest, the involvement of the EU military outside the EU's borders is testament to this and it's Empire building ambitions beyond the EU. Oh how the Liberals bleat on about how bad Colonialism was in the past, looks to me that the EU is just repeating history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_military_and_civilian_missions_of_the_European_Union

This is where foreign aid should be directed, Building temporary safe shelter and funding refugees in a nearby country until its safe to return and towards rebuilding their homes, Furthermore, A coalition of world armies to step in and stop these conflicts before they escalate. World problems solved in a sentence.
Nice thoughts – but it doesn't work does it? We've seen what happens when coalitions of world armies step in (WW 1, WW 2 et cetera). And we know how effective the UN and League of Nations are/were. And the EU Army? – don't make me laugh!

Regrettably, I haven't got any answers either – until someone finds out how to effectively change human nature the conflicts will continue. And Uncle Sam, unsurprisingly, has had enough of being the world's policeman.

Nice thoughts – but it doesn't work does it? We've seen what happens when coalitions of world armies step in (WW 1, WW 2 et cetera). And we know how effective the UN and League of Nations are/were. And the EU Army? – don't make me laugh!

Regrettably, I haven't got any answers either – until someone finds out how to effectively change human nature the conflicts will continue. And Uncle Sam, unsurprisingly, has had enough of being the world's policeman.

I would go far as to say countries who have big defence industries go around creating proxy wars and supplying little countries to fight those wars. eg: US, UK and France. Then they are faced with Russia or China who try and redress some balance to world peace and order.

There are other countries such as Germany and Japan on the other extreme who don't really have a military and they go around creating consumer goods and creating markets for their produce.

As little countries grow up and learn about the divisive aspects of stiring neighbourly disputes one hopes they'll learn the double dealing tricks played on them and wise up.

Building up a war machine is so yesterday. However, even there I'd say West is losing the race to some extent as Russia and China doing quite well there too.

We live in hope humanity will step up to the next level. (y)

It just goes to show what a complete dog's breakfast May and the Conservative party are making of Brexit.

Nevertheless, "Despite Brexit" (as they say at the Ministry of Truth - a.k.a. BBC) - I reckon the following will still happen:
  1. The ports will stay open
  2. Medicines will still arrive
  3. Aircraft will still fly
  4. City will continue to do well
  5. Atilla will still try to persuade us that Brexit is the wrong choice :)

Those statements are all so very loose aren't they. I mean they don't say much. Bit like Brexit means Brexit what ever that means??? LOL.

1. The ports will stay open - Well of course ports will stay open. Ports all over the place stay open. Even Sudan has an operational port. At what level will they operate at? That's the 6 million dollar question as they used to say on TV? In your case I suspect that's likely to be £6bn.
  2. Medicines will still arrive - Wouldn't expect anything else. Question is at what speed and which ones at what extra cost?
  3. Aircraft will still fly - Yes but some of those landing and take off times will chane for sure. Still some work to be done based on the Economist magazine but some people read too much into experts so maybe we should ignore them. :)
  4. City will continue to do well - Maybe you can look into your crystall ball and tell us like where the FTSE might end up next year? Mucho gracias amigo.
Still no numbers from Brexiteers, no roadmap, no business case.

Does it make you wonder????

Frexit will be worse (for the French) [emoji23]

The entire world economic systems are changing and the clueless just want everything to stay the same.

Within the last 2 hrs we have just seen yet another flash crash probably because most of the trading algo's are turned off until next week.
Always the same story when there is low liquidity.